Unreadable text in 3D mode

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
Lino10
One Eyed Hopeful

Unreadable text in 3D mode

Post by Lino10 »

Hello,

I've a serious problem when I activate the 3D mode on my Asus VG236H (GTX460, last driver pack 275.33)
Everything looks weird I can't even read a text.
When I'm in World of warcraft my game looks nice but I can't even read what people writes to me... I don't get it >_<
I tried some Full bluray 3D(avatar and shrek) both nice. But when i come back to my desktop i can't even read the name a shortcut, my background picture looks weird.

Please Help me :oops:

(i7,4go DDR3,1To)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Unreadable text in 3D mode

Post by cybereality »

This sounds like a strange issue. I also have Asus VG236H w/ same driver and I have not seen this problem. Do you have any issues in 2D mode, or is it only when you are wearing glasses? Can you explain a little more about how the background picture looks weird? It is distorted, are colors wrong, do you see little white dots, etc.? Sometimes issues like that can be caused by a loose connection on the cable, but if that were the case it would probably happen all the time. Not really sure what the issue is.
Lino10
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lino10 »

OMG! The cable!
I was using the dvi cable of my "old"(which it pretty new btw) samsung -_- it has 2 rows of pines LESS than the asus one!!!
Problem Solved!

I love you <3
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Maybe it was only a Single-Link DVI cable. Nvidia 3D Vision requires Dual-Like DVI.
Lino10
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Lino10 »

cybereality wrote:Maybe it was only a Single-Link DVI cable. Nvidia 3D Vision requires Dual-Like DVI.
Got the same probleme!
I've put my old samsung DVI cable instead of the one that you get from asus. Then I switched ( this one Asus has more "pines")

Enjoy
wccrawford
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by wccrawford »

Thank you! I've been trying to figure out what was wrong for a while. For some reason, I didn't put together the fact that I moved apartments at the same time, and it must be a hardware thing!

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”