Operation Flashpoint, Red River

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
folkew
One Eyed Hopeful

Operation Flashpoint, Red River

Post by folkew »

Hello all
I have had no good success so far with this game in 3d. The environment look very nice but the weapon gets projected twice, so when aiming down the site there are 2 red dots, and no one of them is aligned correctly.
Anyone managed this game ?
I guess its a driver issue for Nvidia ? :o
* My graphic card cost more than my car :-) *
(Gtx 590 vs Peugeot 106 from 1996)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Operation Flashpoint, Red River

Post by cybereality »

You can try pressing control+F12 to enable/disable the Nvidia laser-sight. May or may not help you. Adjusting the convergence (holding control+F6) might help with the double gun.
folkew
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by folkew »

I took an in game screenshot.
Managed a 3d screenshot. See below..

Switching to 3d crosshair doesnt help since this game is close to be a simulator as much as it is a game and the actual shooting becomes very real.
The game need to use the sight on the weapon.

I guess its a driver issue ? And if so, is it possible to ask for it to be fixed somewhere ? Like does it help to contact Codemasters who made the game ? or Nvidia ?
Otherwise the landscape is fantastic in 3d so I can walk around in the game like a tourist :D and its beautiful. But sometimes enemies comes out and then its not good to be cross eyed :o

This is one of my favorite games since it feel more real than many other games, so if this will work in 3d, that will make my day !
Have a nice day/night.
Last edited by folkew on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
folkew
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by folkew »

Im learning :shock:
So I managed to take a 3d screenshot 8-)

Didnt manage to upload it (More to learn), so I put it on my webspace http://www.folke.ch/RedRiver02_50.jps
Maybe too big to be here ? 390 Kb.. Became 800 K after edit in MsPaint (Forgot that the serial no was visible, so had to erase it)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

That looks about normal. If you want to get a better 3D image, you need to adjust the convergence along with the depth. Make sure you go into the Nvidia control panel under Stereoscopic 3D and enable Advanced 3D Hotkeys and then you will be able to adjust convergence. Then you will likely have to hold the "Control + F5" button down for a little bit to get the gun to merge (you can try this without wearing glasses) and also press "Control+F3" to lessen the separation.
folkew
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by folkew »

Youre a genious Mr Cybereality. Thats exactly what rookies like me need to know. Much better !!
It was almost like adjusting the sight on a gun as done in the real world ;)
I think I read somewhere that this game needed to have the depth set to minimum to look good...

Folke happy ! :D

Ps, still not 100% since some of the task pointers are in the 2d Hud section instead of in the terrain, but thats a minor thing, which maybe will not give the game a top 3d rating but its still much better played in 3d than in 2d.

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”