Nvidia 3d glasses off?

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Nvidia 3d glasses off?

Post by argentine »

I posted this yesterday but I wasn't able to get it to work I have a WD60738 Mitsubishi 60" DLP and i'm trying to get the nvidia 3d glasses to work with it to play games in 3D.. So I have the Nvidia 3d emitter plugged into the back of the tv and to the computer VIA Usb and Emitter cable the Emitter has a green light on the tv bios is up to date I have the very latest nvidia gtx 470 drivers and nvidia 3d vision drivers and the glasses charged over 4 hours so they are fully charged the tvs setting are on auto for 3D but when I go into the configuration wizzard for nvidia to setup the 3d sync I click the button on the glasses but they arnt turning on what can I do to make them work please HELP :( Of I forgot to mention the tv is connected to my gtx 470 via HDMI to DVI
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Nvidia 3d glasses off?

Post by Likay »

argentine wrote:I posted this yesterday but I wasn't able to get it to work I have a WD60738 Mitsubishi 60" DLP and i'm trying to get the nvidia 3d glasses to work with it to play games in 3D.. So I have the Nvidia 3d emitter plugged into the back of the tv and to the computer VIA Usb and Emitter cable the Emitter has a green light on the tv bios is up to date I have the very latest nvidia gtx 470 drivers and nvidia 3d vision drivers and the glasses charged over 4 hours so they are fully charged the tvs setting are on auto for 3D but when I go into the configuration wizzard for nvidia to setup the 3d sync I click the button on the glasses but they arnt turning on what can I do to make them work please HELP :( Of I forgot to mention the tv is connected to my gtx 470 via HDMI to DVI
I don't have the nvidiakit myself but i'm almost 100% positive that the nvidia emitter needs to be connected to the computer, not the tv. The tv also needs to be supported by nvidia.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

Well the tv isn't listed on the list but it is fairly new I wouldnt see why it wouldnt work considering almost all of the mitsubishi DLPs are supported even models that are a couple years old but anyways the emitter is plugged into the computer via a usb cable but it also has the vesa 3-pin stereo cable that hooks up to a dlp to the emitter.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

It doesn't seem like nvidia adds new models until they have the manufacturers financial support to do this even if the tv-sets themselves are hardware compatible. If the emitter has a vesa port it could work well with the iz3d driver. Select an output that the tv supports and run the emitter through the tv. Iz3d doesn't support shutters well so choose either side-by-side, top/bottom, interleaved etc what your tv handles.
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

Well this sure is a let down so in your opinion should I return the tv and get a compatible one because I wanted the best 3d effect and from what I heard top/bottom and side to side really suck but my tv supports all of those and checkerboard and what are the chances mitsubishi and nvidia will make this model be supported
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

I went to try and download the iz3d drivers but its $40 more I don't really want to spend extra money and not even get the best performance so again I ask should I return it or maybe send an email/call mistubishi and ask them I really don't know and am just frustrated considering I got this for my self for xmas/bday present and was confirmed it would be here by my bday and didn't and now I can't even get the 3d to work :(
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

lol one more question I tried to enable the nvidia 3d wizzard on my old lg which isnt compatible but it gave me the option to choose nvidia 3d vision or 3d discovery when I clicked on nvidai 3d vision it said sorry but this isnt supported when when I run the setup wizzard on my dlp it runs me threw the list and options to configure the glasses but the glasses dont flicker =/
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

The iz3d driver is free for tryout for 30 or 60 days. Then at least you'll know if it's compatible or not (deactivate 3d-vision before activating the iz3d driver). And yes, unfortunately those modes won't give full resolutions. :(
You can of course also try scouring through the nvidiaforums for some info. I've heard about an edid-hack to enable stereo on unsupported displays but unfortunately i don't know the exact procedure for this.
vrekks
Cross Eyed!

Post by vrekks »

I have the Mits WD60735 and I had to update my firmware via a usb stick before the nvidia 3d vision setup wizard would recognize my tv as a Mitsubishi and not a "generic crt". I can't remember where I got the firmware but it wasn't a hard process to update the tv's firmware.

Also you know the glasses have a button that you have to push to turn them on right? A green light will go on for a few seconds to let you know they are on.

Also you know you have to change your setting in your tv menu to turn 3d on right? Do this before you run the wizard.
"Who has ever torn himself from the claw that encloses you when you drop a seed in a TV parlor? It grows you any shape it wishes! It is an environment as real as the world. It becomes and is the truth. Books can be beaten down with reason. But with all my knowledge and scepticism, I have never been able to argue with a one-hundred-piece symphony orchestra, full colour, three dimensions, and I being in and part of those incredible parlors."
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

Yes I made sure to enable the 3d effect through the controller menu it has side to side top to bottom checkerboard and automatic. I have it set to auto since it should automatcally detect the 1.4 signal and convert or so it says in the manual but I didn't have to upgrade the firmware it already came with the latest firmware I made sure of that and when I attempt to enable the glasses I position my self 2-3 feet away from the emitter in clear line of sight of the emitter and the left side of the glasses where the button is and then I click the button the green light turns on for about 15 sec then turns off but I look through the lenses the whole time and I don't notice them go darker or flicker in any away so I suppose they never actually turn on
vrekks
Cross Eyed!

Post by vrekks »

Perhaps your emitter is not working. Do you have night vision goggles or a camcorder? Look at the emitter through those and see if you see a light.
"Who has ever torn himself from the claw that encloses you when you drop a seed in a TV parlor? It grows you any shape it wishes! It is an environment as real as the world. It becomes and is the truth. Books can be beaten down with reason. But with all my knowledge and scepticism, I have never been able to argue with a one-hundred-piece symphony orchestra, full colour, three dimensions, and I being in and part of those incredible parlors."
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Your TV may not have the HDMI 1.4a firmware. See this page on how to upgrade your TV;
http://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/3Dupgrade.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Make sure you are using Nvidia driver version 260.99 or higher. You may need this patch:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play- ... river.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, I am not sure about this, but I do not believe that the Nvidia glasses will work when using HDMI 1.4a. In this case the TV handles the 3D sync, meaning you must use glasses for your TV and not plugged into your PC. This would mean buying a pair of generic shutter glasses (like these: http://www.i-glassesstore.com/dlp3d-wireless-1set.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ). You should check the Nvidia forum to confirm this as I am just assuming based on what it says on Nvidia's site:
NOTE:When using 3DTV Play™ software to connect to a 3D TV, 3D Vision active shutter glasses are not used. Instead the 3D TV manufacturer's 3D glasses are used
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play- ... ments.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Of course, it is also possible the glasses are just broken, but its more likely some sort of configuration issue.
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

Alright well I will try to use a camcorder to see if I see a light through the emitter and yes the firmware is updated, Yes i'm using the correct drivers 260.99 and no you are supposed to use the nvidia 3d kit for DLP's because nvidia 3d play isnt compatible with DLPs
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

argentine wrote:and no you are supposed to use the nvidia 3d kit for DLP's because nvidia 3d play isnt compatible with DLPs
If you have the latest firmware for your TV, then it is. Otherwise you will want to set your TV to checkerboard (or DLP 3D or whatever it says) and not automatic.
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

So your saying I should try using nvidia 3dtv play with DLP glasses correct? how do I enable 3dtv play do I download it or is it already in the 260.99 drivers if so how do I open it and start using it I can't find the control panel for it
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Ok, you may need the 3D Vision Controller Driver:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-3d ... river.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also see this PDF for installation instructions:
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?app= ... h_id=23922" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You might also have more luck if you submit a ticket to Nvidia support, or post in their 3D Vision forums.
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

Well first off I just wanted to thank everyone for the help because I can finally enjoy 3D but theres a couple of issues in all the games I play and set the resoulution to 1280 by 720 the 3d effect works but have of my screen is cut off its as if its zoomed into what ever im viewing. Another thing I tried to play black ops and I ran it in single player mode to try it out I was playing in the last mission when your in the helicopter attacking the ship and I see the 3d just fine but at the top of the screen I would see a small amount of the ships outline which got pretty annoying and once I droped out of the helicopter in first person player mode when I would zoom in with my gun it would make the bottom half of my screen extremly blurry. also is there a way I can set nvidias software to reverse the left and right eye mode because everytime I turn the 3d mode on I have to go to the tv 3d menu and click the reverse option. and last question I know you already suggested me a pair of glasses that include the transmitter cable but have you tested these out at all because I can't find any reviews about them and I really like to know the pros and cons of the item I am going to purchase.
Again I would like to thank you for all the help.

Questions -
How to play with a 3D resoultion and see your whole screen
Why is it showing a outline of a image at the top of the screen?
When zoomed with a gun why does it make the bottom half of the screen blurry
How to configure setting so I don't have to reverse the L-R image to reverse everytime I view 3d
Suggested glasses
Oh and I almost forgot how can I view S3D movie trailers Because I downloaded the tron 3d trailer ran it through nvidia video player but I couldnt get it to work so what should the format/setting be set to?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Ok cool you finally go something to work. Sounds like you still might have to adjust some things to get it perfect though. I do not have a 3D DLP TV nor do I own Nvidia 3D Vision, so I will try my best to answer your questions just on what I have read online.

1. If you are using HDMI 1.4 720P60 mode, the TV should handle everything automatically. Meaning that I believe it will switch into 3D mode when it senses a signal (at least the Panasonic models do) and thus obtain the correct settings. I didn't think that zooming would work in 3D, but maybe you want to double check your TVs settings to make sure that there is no zooming/cropping settings enabled. You can easily see if this is working just by looking at the Windows desktop and seeing it is properly displayed on the screen. You can also check to make sure that Nvidia scaling is set to off (I think the option is "use my tvs scaling") in the Nvidia Control Panel. And, of course, make sure that the game you are playing is set to 1280x720 in the game menu. Otherwise I am not sure why this is happening. You can also experiment, by trying different games at different settings. For example, you can change the game or Windows resolution to say 1080P and see if that has an effect.

2. It sounds like you are getting some ghosting (crosstalk) on the top of the screen. This is pretty common with Nvidia 3D Vision 120Hz displays, but I was under the assumption that DLP did not suffer from that problem. Maybe it is an issue with the Nvidia glasses themselves. I don't know.

3. This issue with the screen getting blurred when using a scope sounds like a problem specific to one game. It it were a hardware problem you would see it all the time, not just when zoomed in on a gun. Not every game is fully supported in 3D, you may have to adjust the options (for example: turning off post-processing/DOF/Motion-Blur or setting shaders to low).

4. I do not think the Nvidia drivers have an option to swap the eyes. So you will probably be stuck having to do this manually. I know the iz3D driver does allow this, so you may want to give that a try (however it will not work with Nvidia glasses, you will need generic DLP shutter glasses).

5. For 3D videos I am not sure if the Nvidia Video Player supports HDMI 1.4 yet. However it does have support for "Generic DLP" so you should be able to run it in checkerboard mode. The Stereoscopic Player also has a checkerboard mode used for DLP RP TVs.
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

Alright I should have been a bit more specific i'm not using the nvidia glasses i'm using the xpand 103 that came at a discounted price when I purchased the tv but I really dislike them because of the battery replacement issues and that they lose sync with the tv every couple of minutes. So I was wondering if the glasses you have linked me in a earlier post were the best to get and if you had any experiance with them like the pros and the cons. And for the resolution issues in desktop mode I have to make my own resolution of 1834x1024with in then nvidia control options and since thats not a viable resolution for 3d when I go into a game at the 720P60hz mode I cant fully see the game and it's as if im zoomed in which im not it's just that the resolution doesn't fit the screen but since im not at home at the moment I wont be able to try the use my tv scaling option yet. and lastly what is the best software I should be getting to view S3D bluray movies on my pc and S3D trailers and is there anyway to watch the 3D movies off youtube? Oh and I almost forgot if I do return my 3D vision kit I would still be able to use the 3DTV play after I purchase it correct and is it even out yet because I heard them delay it so many times..
argentine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by argentine »

Anyone there to answer my question XD??
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Well the Xpand 103's I believe use DLP-Link with the Mitsubishi, so you may have sync issues. From what I understand DLP-Link is a broken "standard" and should be avoided if possible. Some people claim is works for them, but others report serious problems (glasses going out of sync mostly). If you can use generic DLP glasses like I linked to you should not have this problem, or even the Nvidia 3D Vision glasses should work as well. Right now the Nvidia drivers will only work if you have the Nvidia kit. I don't believe the stand-alone 3DTV Play software is available yet. I can't really help you with the resolution issues. You will have to find someone with a similar TV as yours, you might have some luck on the Nvidia forums in the 3D Vision sub-forum. However if the game is always outputting at 720P60, I don't see how the desktop resolution has any effect. The Nvidia drivers should be sending the correct signal to the TV. In terms of 3D Blu-Ray both PowerDVD10 and Arcsoft Total Media Theater are good options. Just be aware that for HDMI 1.4a playback you need an Nvidia card (I think 400 or 500 series) and Windows 7. DLP (checkerboard) should be possible with any card or OS, however it might be choppy if you don't have hardware acceleration (Nvidia 400/500 series or AMD 6000 series).

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”