D3DQuake

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
KrisRoberts
One Eyed Hopeful

D3DQuake

Post by KrisRoberts »

This week I got an Acer H5360 projector and have been having a lot of fun with 3D Vision.

I'd really like to play Quake (I know)... There is a DirectX version that was ported a while ago:
http://dxquake.sourceforge.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On my GTX280 Windows7 64 system it works - shocking!

Setting it to run in 1280x720 it does trigger the 3D Vision - but despite the glasses being active there is no stereo on the display.

Togging 3D on/off clearly enables/disables the glasses - but changing the depth and convergence via the hotkeys has no effect on the image.

Is there any hope? Or is there an alternate version of Quake that people have gotten to work with 3D Vision? Is it because the D3DQuake was ported to DX8 - would updating it to at least DX9 make a difference?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: D3DQuake

Post by Likay »

I don't know if 3d-vision supports dx8 but iz3d surely does. Someone using iz3d drivers could try it. I don't have quake myself though. :(
One problem could be that the port only writes 2d datas to dx and then there's no way to get 3d. Only way to find out is to try.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Nvidia 3D Vision does support DirectX8 but nothing earlier than that I believe.
cyberheater
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by cyberheater »

Is there not a dx9 version of Quake?
KrisRoberts
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by KrisRoberts »

I couldn't find one. I started tinkering with doing a dx9 conversion but got distracted and didn't finish. It was also suggested that using one of the xbox ports might be a good starting place since they would be more recent than dx8. I still really want to run quake in stereo 3D so let me know if you make any progress...
Chiefwinston
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Chiefwinston »

Ah Quake, I have fond memories. I spent hundreds of dollars on hardware to get glquake.exe to run in 3d. Let us know if you get it running. I might like to fire it up, too. It is a classic.

cheers
AMD HD3D
i7
DDD
PS3
Panasonic Plasma VT25 50" (Full HD 3D)
Polk Audio- Surround 7.1
Serving up my own 3D since 1996.
(34) Patents
KrisRoberts
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by KrisRoberts »

I just discovered DirectQ - a project to get quake one working as a DirectX 9 application.

So far its great with 3D-Vision!!!

Enjoy.

http://directq.codeplex.com/
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Does DirectQ work with all Q3 engine games, such as american mcgees alice and jedi outcast, or are you restricted to Q3?

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”