GTX980 HDMI 2.0 and 3DTV Play...or is there another way?

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
laggerific
One Eyed Hopeful

GTX980 HDMI 2.0 and 3DTV Play...or is there another way?

Post by laggerific »

So...any word on when 3dTV Play will support 1080p@60Hz over HDMI 2.0?

Or are there alternatives to get 3D on my passive 4k display? :?:

Thanks.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: GTX980 HDMI 2.0 and 3DTV Play...or is there another way?

Post by cybereality »

Is your TV interleaved (FPR) style passive?

If so, you don't need HDMI 3D, you can just send a interleaved 3D image over a normal 2D signal (i.e. with the TriDef driver).
laggerific
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: GTX980 HDMI 2.0 and 3DTV Play...or is there another way?

Post by laggerific »

Thanks for the info, yes I do have FPR. I decided to give the 2013 Tomb Raider a shot using Tridef, since it was stunning to see on my 3DVision 2 monitor when I tested it about 6 months ago. Unfortunately, while on the 3D Vision 2 monitor it was immediately functional and absolutely impressive, the Tridef version of this game seemed really wonky. I didn't play enough of it to say immediately what it was, but while the native 3D Vision version was organic to the experience, something about the Tridef setup is definitely breaking the immersion.

Then again, I did leave the games configuration at 4k, so that might have something to do with it. I assume that with Tridef, on a 4k FPR screen, I should be able to set the resolution to 1080p, and get the full 1080p@60Hz, right?

Since I'm new, though, with Tridef, perhaps there are things I need to tweak before a game is good to go, even for those games with profiles?

Ideally, though, I wish Nvidia would allow 3DTV Play to take advantage of the increased bandwidth of HDMI 2.0...though I expect that won't be happening anytime soon. Does it even support 1080p@60Hz over DP?

Thanks again.

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”