EDID from an nVIDIA 3D Vision approved display

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
CasetheCorvetteMan
One Eyed Hopeful

EDID from an nVIDIA 3D Vision approved display

Post by CasetheCorvetteMan »

Hi all, i need an EDID from a display device that does frame sequential 3D, preferably one thatll work at various resolutions and refresh rates, so i can use my nVIDIA 3D Vision glasses again.

On the older drivers i used to use the RGB output and used Generic CRT, but that option no longer works and the newer drivers dont allow it.

If i could put in an EDID that would fool the drivers into thinking the display is an nVIDIA approved display, id be able to get it to work.

It would be great if i could use the VESA sync input as well.

i do have a 3D Fury, but its pretty poor compared to nVIDIA 3D Vision.

Thanks all :)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: EDID from an nVIDIA 3D Vision approved display

Post by cybereality »

Here's one for the ASUS Rog Swift PG278Q, 3D Vision monitor.

Native res is 2560x1440 @ 144Hz, but it should be able to do lesser resolutions.

It may be tough getting VESA sync working. I believe that only works with the old Mitsubishi checkerboard RPTVs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CasetheCorvetteMan
One Eyed Hopeful

Awesome ;) Thanks mate!!

That one should work out ok res wise, the Barco CRT has a max res of 3200x2560 @60Hz, or anything from 31.5kHz up to 180kHz.

Ill test it out over the next few days and let you know.
CasetheCorvetteMan
One Eyed Hopeful

Ok, that one didn't work.

Is there any EDIDs for something like an LGF700P CRT floating around? I know it worked fine with 3D vision back in the day, but I don't know if it still would
CasetheCorvetteMan
One Eyed Hopeful

Ok, so I found a program on here from a fair while ago that activates the emitter, and that all worked fine, but the image on 3D TV Play comes up split screen, as in the top and bottom are like as if im playing Sonic 2 against a friend.

Even when setting Power DVD to NVidia 3D vision, it still does that.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Hi, I would reinstall your drivers again uninstalling with DDU, CRT support should still be in the latest drivers, i'm guessing your driver installation got corrupt and is missing some things. If this does not work let windows update install the drivers, they are the most compatable drivers for your gfx card.

I had this problem before and had to reinstall the drivers. Nvidia is having problems with their latest drivers and some people computers.

Have you thought about buying a 3d vision monitor yet? I just got one for 350 bucks and its worth it. Its a 24 inch that does 1080p 3d on dual link dvi.
Cybereality even has a better setup.

look here: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Category/LCDMonitors

I would still be using a crt if it didn't break down but this new lcd 3d vision monitor is cool and looks great in 3d.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
CasetheCorvetteMan
One Eyed Hopeful

Dom wrote:Hi, I would reinstall your drivers again uninstalling with DDU, CRT support should still be in the latest drivers, i'm guessing your driver installation got corrupt and is missing some things. If this does not work let windows update install the drivers, they are the most compatable drivers for your gfx card.

I had this problem before and had to reinstall the drivers. Nvidia is having problems with their latest drivers and some people computers.

Have you thought about buying a 3d vision monitor yet? I just got one for 350 bucks and its worth it. Its a 24 inch that does 1080p 3d on dual link dvi.
Cybereality even has a better setup.

look here: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Category/LCDMonitors

I would still be using a crt if it didn't break down but this new lcd 3d vision monitor is cool and looks great in 3d.
Im using a 28" UHD monitor for normal computing, but for movies i use the Barco Cine 9 CRT projector, its a 90kg 3 eyed monster with an awesome picture, there is not many digitals that can match it for under 10 grand, even then they still dont have the contrast ratio of liquid coupled CRT, this was an $80,000 machine in its day.

I dont play many PC games these days since the lack of players on Black Hawk Down and Joint Ops, mostly play retro console games on the Barco.

Ill post a pic or two soon.
CasetheCorvetteMan
One Eyed Hopeful

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Nice setup.
CasetheCorvetteMan
One Eyed Hopeful