Say: Hello!

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
wiredmessiah
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Say: Hello!

Post by wiredmessiah »

Has anyone tried Tera in 3D? Any other MMOs (besides WoW) that play good in 3D?
Dudebro
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dudebro »

Hi new guy here, can't believe I didn't know about this place it's awesome!

I'm mostly into HMDs, been into that since I tried the iglasses around 1995. Funny how many choices we had back then (those, the VFX1, Glasstron, etc)

Anyways, glad to be here
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Hey, welcome to the forum!
Dudebro
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dudebro »

Thanks
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Guig2000 »

hello!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Heya!
LordJuanlo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by LordJuanlo »

Hi guys, I'm new on this forum. I have been interested in HMDs since I saw the 3D options in Descent 1, but unfortunately this technology hasn't got the attention it deserves. Today, almost 20 years later, I discovered the Oculus Rift project and I found this forum, with living legends like John Carmak posting here, wow!!

About me... well I'm a computer passionate, I built my first PC in 1993 (intel 486 DX2) and I haven't stopped (got a Core i7 3930k in February). On my free time (when I'm not working or gaming), I help Valve on their Steam Translation Server (I'm a Spanish moderator there) and I also help AMD looking for Catalyst drivers bugs. Currently I'm using three monitors in Eyefinity and, while it's awesome, I'm looking for something more... immersive.

See you around! English is not my native language, so please be understanding with me.
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community
Neil

Post by Neil »

Nice! Welcome to the forums.

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Hey! Welcome.
AndrewRyan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AndrewRyan »

Sup?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

The sky! ^^
Hi and welcome! :)
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Hey man! Bioshock was a great game, loved it!
purifier
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by purifier »

Hi there, 30yo Italian fan here, I've been lurking for about 3 years and finally decided to subscribe.
My brief history...
I fell in love with virtual reality back in 1995 (or was it 96?) when I first tried the Forte VFX-1 hmd,
initially in 2d with Doom, then the next year with Descent in stereoscopic 3D, but I hated the low
resolution that made it look like a Sega Game Gear strapped to my face.
Fast forward for some time, I discovered something good really existed, but the cost was out of
this world for me (stuff like Kaiser Electro Optics for $80,000 and more) and, more recently, the
Sensics models (lighter and a third of the price for seemingly better quality, but too much anyway).
Then there was a burning desire for a full color VRD, but I've never found a model on the market...
My life today, (contrary to 99.9% of the people I know) I love stereo 3D movies and games, but still
haven't implemented a solution at home; in a few months my 3rd (yes, third, I've used it a lot eheh)
Optoma hd20 lamp will be dead and I will sell the projector too, so I was thinking about the hd33.
So my question is, would it be better for me to proceed like this or wait for an high res version of
the Oculus Rift (at least 1080p per eye) to come out?
Thanks for enduring the longest greeting text of history!

Ps:as crazy as it might sound, I use my projector 14 hours a day connected to my pc via hdmi, but
if I were to buy the Oculus for movies and games, I would return the other tasks to a simple monitor
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Hey, purifier, welcome!

If you want to experience VR I would recommend getting an Oculus Rift. They will be opening up orders (for the dev kit) soon if you missed the KickStarter. Otherwise a 3D projector is pretty nice. I have an Optoma as well (the GT750) and it is really nice. End up using that a lot more than my Sony HMZ-T1 which largely sits on my desk.
purifier
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by purifier »

Had considered the hmz-t1 and the st1080 for a while, but the Oculus convinced me for integrated (and high speed it seems) tracking and wide fov,
so the only problem remains the low resolution for me...

Ps:is that a Deviantart fandrawing of Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell? :-)
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

purifier wrote: Ps:is that a Deviantart fandrawing of Major Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell? :-)
Yes, it is.
Korda
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Korda »

Hi,
Just testing really I dont remember signing up here and the confirmation email I got had a blank password in it. All seems to work though.
Im really impressed with what you guys do here, I was brought here because of the Rift and Cyberreality's drivers.

-Korda
Neil

Post by Neil »

Welcome to the site. What happened was you signed up to the discussion forums some time ago. I did a membership dump to another registration mechanism, and even though it showed the password as being blank - it wasn't. There was a bug though with that software (which I am discussing with their developer), so nothing really got impacted.

Regards,
Neil
VeraKeisey
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VeraKeisey »

New here, hope i can enjoy myself here and have a wonderful time.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Hey, welcome to the borg... I mean... board!
truestereoscopic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by truestereoscopic »

Hello folks :D

the hype of the Oculus Rift brought me here but the projects you guys have on the go has made me join. superb work folks!

cant wait to see how things developed but i will be making my own when the funds allow :mrgreen:

i never buy what i can make and the feeling of making something cant be bought.

all the best in your 3D adventures :geek:
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Hey dude!
Sid
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sid »

Howdy all,

Newly registered so I thought I'd say hello. Have lurked a while and look forward to conversing with a lot of you!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Sup man!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Hi and welcome Sid!
KBK
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by KBK »

Just saying hello. Haven't been on a tech forum for quite some time.

I'm here to help perfect VR headsets.

With what has emerged through the recent work done in promoting such gear and the availability of such components, I think I might have some fun doing what I can.

As Liam Neeson said, 'I have a particular set of skills', that just happen to overlap all the requirements nicely.

How long have I been at it? Since I bought Mattel's Intelevision when it first shipped, and, of course, TRS80's from Radio Shack, and the Commodore Pet.

Created lots of cutting edge video (digital and analog), along the way. (and audio)
Intelligence... is not inherent - it is a point in understanding. Q: When does a fire become self sustaining?
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Welcome!
donutfunky
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by donutfunky »

New member having just stumbled across this GREAT website so greetings everyone. Here's to my new adventures in 3D ;)
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Hi and welcome! :)
Sabrewolf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sabrewolf »

Hey guys, super excited about the new Site and would just Like to say Hello to everyone! Huge Oculus Fan and have herd many stories about the genesis of the John Carmack & Lucky Palmer Duo! I hope to get a chance to chat with some of you about future tech, VR, and the soon to be Explosion of the Greatest Device conceived by man kind! Ok ... I know! The Oculus Rift is something I have dreamed of Since I was a little kid. Growing up with Osteogenesis I knew that one day the unthinkable would be possible! Hope to see you all soon in the Holographic Wizards Castle.

Sabrewolf on Tumblr
& @ChrisRossFrench for Twitter!

Thanks Guys!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Hey man! Welcome.
Marulu
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Marulu »

Hey, I have now been here for an entire week but I have yet to introduce myself, I probably should do that. I am now going to do just that.

I am Marulu, the owner of Mushroomtomatoes, a anime and gaming website, I also created/designed the nostalgic looking talking classics forum, and I am one of the co-hosts of HeyPoorPlayer´s HeyPoorPodcast, a podcast where we discuss everything video game related.
I previously worked on the Keith Apicary game which was entirely finished besides the art and has never been released because we weren´t able to find anyone able to design the characters, and draw the backgrounds, lol.
My first experience with head mounts was the Virtual Boy, for which I own a couple prototype games.
I hope we are all going to have a good time discussing VR, AR and 3D in general.

-Marulu

Visit my website! http://mushroomtomatoes.com/
olistreet
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by olistreet »

Hello everybody, from Spain, Barcelona with Order ID 8513 and 187 pounds of weight just ready to dive into the virtual madness here I come!!
MikeANite
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MikeANite »

I love 3D games and I want to be there when this becomes the norm in gaming!
Jalaman
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jalaman »

I don't think I ever posted in here! I'm in the same boat as Marulu.

In my day to day life I am an Associate Producer and Web Developer for a small media business in California, but on the internet I take the guise of Jalaman.

I am a Cosmic Genie.

My primary hobby is gaming with a strong sub-focus on technology. My dad is a computer programmer (though not a gamer) and I've been playing Catacomb 3-D, soldering robot kits, and building computers since I was a toddler. I never took my skills in very deep practical electronics directions but I have an extremely wide perspective on all-things-tech and an impressively deep perspective of gaming. I'm currently attempting to quit reading tabloid gaming journals (600+ articles unread and counting), and I have spent the last 3 months doing pre-production on a game my best friend and I are co-developing for the Oculus Rift. We start production this month when we get our developer kits and we're stoked!

Some random creds:
>Played all the classic consoles and games in addition to PC games as I grew up.
>Built first computer just to play Half-Life 2 when AMD and ATI were at the height of their game.
>Started WoW with vanilla, co-ran a successful raiding guild throughout BC and Wrath.
>Published a popular newspaper series as part of role-playing a character (Vanilla-BC).
>Ran a popular underground gaming stream right when streaming was becoming a "thing".
>Getting in the front door on Day 0 of VR!

Been loving the discussion and the people on these forums. See you all around. 8-)
baljagat
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by baljagat »

Hi there !
This is Anil from India. I am new to the field of stereographic 3d and quite interested in the stuff discussed here.
groovyd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by groovyd »

Hi everyone, my name is Daryl and I am the new guy in town. The boss down at Kaneva (www.kaneva.com) just bought an Oculus Development Kit and we have inspirations to making Kaneva the worlds best 3D virtual world actually 'in 3D'. Any advice for converting an existing and quite large DirectX code base to work with the headset would be appreciated. I am a Senior SW engineer and have a background in medical imaging for embedded systems.

Cheers!
liviuberechet
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by liviuberechet »

Hey everyone,

About a month ago I started a Kickstarter for a 3D printed smartphone based VR interface called Altergaze. I know... shame on me for not posting something here on the same day, but hey... better late then never! :)

Is it ok if I open a forum here for everyone to share their thoughts on my little project?
First time on this forum so I am not sure what category should I post it under...

Kind regards,
Liviu
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Hey,

You can post in the General VR/AR section if you like.

You can also talk to Neil if you would like to discuss additional support.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/ucp.php?i=p ... ompose&u=2
DannyVR
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DannyVR »

Hi guys,
I also a newcomer to this forum. Attracted to register since the VR/AR topis is very hot here.
Can't wait to find out more :)

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”