Certif-Eyable!

Re: iZ3D 1.10 Beta 2 Drivers Released

Post by BlackShark »

Tested left 4 dead :
absolutely no change for me, all bugs identical from 1.10b1 to 1.10b2
including :
-weapons too big
-flashlight not illuminating the same area
-flashlight not illuminating some objects in shifted eye.
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Tested Tomb raider underworld. There are improvements. Hud elements like hints are now displayed. Not in mono though but it doesn't really matter. Lightsources are fixed to a certain degree. With a specific stereosettings in underworld you can have some lightsources aligned rightfully but others are not correct. Before they werent visible at all though. Postprocessing and hdr effects seems to work good though. Lara's pls (personal light source) is now rendered perfectly! This was probably the most annoying thing after the shader3 fix in previous beta.
I guess this game is a very tough one to fix entirely but i tank you for the improvements made!! :D
I know that the iz3d team are very busy with the 2.0 driver so that makes my gratefulness even bigger!
Thanks!

Edit: Lightsources aren't really good though. The pls only works ok at a certain convergence setting. When distance to the lightsource alters, the light renders at wrong depth.
Last edited by Likay on Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
BlackQ
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by BlackQ »

Hi, guys!

First of all thank you for your tests. Check Change Log to see if your bug is corrected or not.

Sorry, but having in mind that we need to talk with each of you and for each specific bug separately I will ask our guy to open 10b2 comment section on iZ3D forum now. Sorry again for inconvenience and double posting necessary, but this will help us a lot to help you a lot :-)
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

Spent the evening testing Devil May Cry 4 :
all shadows have been corrected and are now bang on
all special FX work

only issue : local motion blur used on characterd in some cinematics (and motion blur causes artifacts like in many other games)
fix : turn off motion blur, you have to dig deep in the documents&settings/user hidden folders to find the .ini

But once you do that... i have nno other words :
OMGWTFBBQ !!!!!1!!111!!!one !

ah yes i found some other words :
"recording new video"
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

Fallout 3 needs some work.

I am hoping it's easy enough to fix:

1. The "PIP-BOY" interface splits badly with high convergence settings. Can you render this in mono?
2. The V.A.T.S. does not render properly at all. Can you rework the camera angles or even render this mode in mono?

I remember there being a Fallout 3 profile in an earlier driver that I didn't get to test. Was that profile temporarily removed in this beta revision before the release?

Thanks in advance,
Neil
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

in the config .ini of fallout 3 you can cange the fov of the pid boy. When you highten this the pid boy will seem to be farer away.
"fPipboy1stPersonFOV" should be the right setting in "D:\Benutzerdaten\Dokumente\My Games\Fallout3\Fallout.ini"

I also add some Errors:

Runes of Magic is crashing on Startup

"Can't load output dll" error in Warhammer online (Interlanced)

(Vista 64bit, GFgtx280)

But X3:TC is working great, even bloom is right. (but you have to choose between great 3D and background-Stars)
Neil

Post by Neil »

Does the PIP-BOY also reflect the VATS? Do they share the same setting?

Regards,
Neil
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

I use one stereosetting in fallout3 for "in world" playing and another for the pipboy in fallout 3. Thank god for numkeysettings in the iz3d driver! :D
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Neil wrote:Does the PIP-BOY also reflect the VATS? Do they share the same setting?

Regards,
Neil
Nope ther is an similar setting special vor vats
I use one stereosetting in fallout3 for "in world" playing and another for the pipboy in fallout 3. Thank god for numkeysettings in the iz3d driver!
Also a good alternative.
Neil

Post by Neil »

If I could find that setting, then I would be a happy camper!

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

Sorry to report that the FOV adjustments didn't help me at all. It just distorted things.

Are you able to get a mix of depth and pop-out in this game? Can you share what settings work for you?

Also, the light sources don't work quite right. The glow does not get duplicated to both eyes.

Regards,
Neil
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

I only tested with games that Nvidia 3D Vision "failed", in this case it's The Witcher Enhanced Edition:

-Iz3D Beta 1 works well for The Witcher in interlaced mode, and Beta 2 doesn't change that.
-Nvidia 3D Vision severely distort the images in a few instances.

Here's the link to the post I put up at Nvidia S3D forum with links of images illustrating the result of the S3D drivers from both Nvidia and IZ3D:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=88843" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bottom line, I think I should re-iterate that if IZ3D eventually provides the pageflip mode I will surely purchase its output and use it with the I-Art Eye3D shutterglasses even though I have 3D Vision already, if it's somehow compatible with 3D Vision glasses, great and more of a reason to do so. But if not, I still like the 3 presets, the exact adjustments allowed with convergence (Nvidia is hit and miss with convergence controls) and the customer support from Iz3D and I will support them with my wallet. ( I take it that the IZ3D driver is fully compatible with the new generation of 120Hz LCD monitors?)
falcon96
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by falcon96 »

Hi
I´m using this settings in Fallout 3 : Convergence -0.0012 , Separation 516.80%
Works great in 1st person and also in VATS, and the ingame crosshair is at the right depth.
When interacting with NPC:s ore playing in 3rd person I use this settings:
Convergence -0.0050, Separation 301.41%
Haven´t set any preset for the Pip-Boy, I just turn the S-3D off when I use it.
Note
I also have the IZ3D-sreen further away from me than a usual "working screen" and even a bit higher
so I get the center of the screen at the same hight as my eys.
To distantreader
I got the same distortion in the Witcher when I used the "old" nVidia-drivers, I think it was the 162.15
I used. If I remember right you got the same distotion even when S-3D was turned off.
Windows XP 32-bit
Mb: Nfoforce 6800i SLI , 3 GB
CPU: E6850 3.0 Ghz
GPU: Geforce XFX GTX 280 1 gb
IZ3D-monitor with 1.10RC1 drivers
Optional: Geforce 7950GT with E-dimglasses and Acer PD523 Projector
distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Yeah that glitch was sure funny. In the normal mode her breasts fall down past her navel and in the S3D mode they were pulled straight up to the sky. :shock:

My links of the pics for those who prefer not to go to Nvidia forum:

1. Nvidia normal mode distortion:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/C7 ... directlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

2. Nvidia S3D mode distortion:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/UU ... directlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3. IZ3D perfect rendering in S3D mode:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/kX ... directlink" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
falcon96 wrote:Hi
...some text deleted
To distantreader
I got the same distortion in the Witcher when I used the "old" nVidia-drivers, I think it was the 162.15
I used. If I remember right you got the same distotion even when S-3D was turned off.
Znith
Cross Eyed!

Post by Znith »

My settings are close to Falcons and Vats is fine and readable. 451% -.0021

I do have a different setting for NPC interaction. Pip is a pain and usually off when interacting with that. If Pip can be fixed the game would be a lot less cumbersome :)
IZ3D~ My answer to S3D!
chrisjarram
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by chrisjarram »

I simply cannot contain my indifference :wink:
XFX GTX 280 XXX,BFG 7900GTX,Q6600,4gbXMS2,3TB RAID,2xWD Raptors,MountainMods U2-UFO Case,1KW Thermaltake PSU, 3x BenQ MP720p,Full active sim setup inc actuators,shakers,wind,THX sound.CrystalEyes 3,6 wireless ED w/ hipower emitter.

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”