eMagin Z800 support?

taidaeve
One Eyed Hopeful

eMagin Z800 support?

Post by taidaeve »

Was anyone able to run stereo 3d on Z800 with the new iz3d driver?
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Post by genetic »

just a guy named Mercy Yamada. He said it worked about 6 weeks ago and then never returned.

It is assumed that he has the upgraded the firmware v6.38.

I dont have it because I dont live in America. I may have a friend send it to me but the problem is that even if it does work, you may need to have such a high frame rate that it kills the benefit.
taidaeve
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by taidaeve »

So it is not possible to use it with 6.35, because that is my firmware version?
genetic
Cross Eyed!

Post by genetic »

I really dont know. Did you give it a try?

I havev6.3e? or something like that and I couldnt get it to work. Of course I couldnt test it for long as my 60 day free trial ran out in less than an hour.......
taidaeve
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by taidaeve »

I wasn't able to make it work on 6.35... and I've tried all available options.

Here is a quote from eMagin's website about the 6.38 upgrade:
With earlier firmware versions, stereoscopic 3D compatibility was limited to NVIDIA graphics boards supported by the NVIDIA's stereo 3D drivers. In our commitment to support Z800 3DVisor customers we revised our firmware -- making multi-platform frame-sequential stereo 3D possible for the first time ever.

This cross-platform capability is only available in those applications & games in which developers have integrated support for the Z800 using eMagin's SDK (Software Development Kit).

Some, but not all, Z800 3DVisors have already shipped with the latest firmware installed. Upgraded units show part numbers with a "-03" suffix on the label on the bottom of the Z800 3DVisor Controller. If your Z800 3DVisor does not show this mark we encourage you to install the new firmware.
The funny thing is that I have -03 written on my unit, but with a marker and not printed and the software shows version 6.35... also there is still no frame-sequential mode available in IZ3D's driver.

Here is a link to the SDK if someone is interested: http://www.3dvisor.com/downloads/softwa ... DK_2_2.zip
KindDragon
Cross Eyed!

Post by KindDragon »

2 genetic
Try 1.09 release, trial period updated.
Stereoscopic Steam Group: Join now
taidaeve
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by taidaeve »

Here is some more information about the firmwares, but this one is regarding the stereovison compatibility using the method described in the SDK and not the one used by nVidia... so the Z800 with earlier firmwares should also be supported if IZ3D has 3D support similar to the one that was available from nVidia...

Code: Select all

Firmware requirements for stereovision
Stereovision, as described in this section, requires the 3DVisor headset to be turned to 3D mode programmatically. This functionality is not always available, as shown in the table below.

Product		Firmware version	 Status
Z800			6.38 and above		Available.
Z800			6.36 and 6.37		 Not released.
Z800			6.35 and below		Not available.
X800			All					  Not available.
Somian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Somian »

here do i see, hich firmare i currently have?
taidaeve
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by taidaeve »

Run Z800 3DVisor Software Utility or LabTool with the Z800 connected to your PC -> if you dont have them downloaded: http://3dvisor.com/support.php
Defender
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Defender »

Somian wrote:here do i see, hich firmare i currently have?
i think the key "w" does not work on your keyboard :-)
- My stereo rig -
- iZ3D 22'' - GTX 260 - i7 920 - 12GB Ram - Windows 7 64bit
ComradePashka
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: eMagin Z800 support?

Post by ComradePashka »

Hi guys and girls :)

I think many people are tired and disoriented with this your Z800. Maybe it is good idea to list all working config with pointing GPU model, drivers versions, settings and Z800 firmware?

And one more... who can make a dump and upload 6.40 firmware? It is just a chip! I don't understand why eMagin does not put a firmware files on the site. It is really not so hard to reprogram a chip.

thanx

Return to “iZ3D Legacy Drivers”