Nvidia 3D Vision Clone?

VanBurenPhilips
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Nvidia 3D Vision Clone?

Post by VanBurenPhilips »

Trying the emulator now, it doesn't work for me. At the point where it says "Should see a new device, and it should pick up the official driver for the NVidia Stereoscopic 3D USB ​​controller" I get a device called "Nvidia stereo controller" and no drivers are found. Having a look at the forums it came from, but in google translate I'm not getting much.
Nick3DvB
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Nick3DvB »

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce-3d ... river.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just install the nvidia drivers as normal. If you ran DSF-KitSetup.msi it will pick the correct version of DSF for your system, but you must run the correct init.bat (x86 or x64), then just add a shortcut to enablestereo.bat to the windows startup.
VanBurenPhilips
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VanBurenPhilips »

:D :D :D

Yes, that did it! Thanks for the driver link, that's what I needed.

PC is hooked up to the TV; Nvidia 3DTV Play logo now appears in Nvidia control panel. It goes away when you "unplug" the emitter. It's been a bit fiddly - so far I've only had success by running the command from a command prompt, and if I end the emu it won't start again until next reboot (in all other cases, the emu window runs and closes immediately, and the emulated device does not appear). But anyway, yeah I think I can get it to run consistently now, and I've been able to run a game a couple of times with 3D working perfectly.

Thanks to the emu author if you ever read this! :mrgreen: And thanks Nick for pointing me in the direction of the driver. I didn't realise it was separate to the Nvidia graphics drivers (I guess you get it with the 3D Vision hardware kit?)

Anyway... happy :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

VanBurenPhilips wrote:...so far I've only had success by running the command from a command prompt
That sounds like a User Account Control problem, maybe configuring it to run as Admin in the shortcut properties would fix it, or maybe just disable UAC.

Glad it did the trick for you! :D
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

can you post the file here or somewhere we can access it please. I can't seem to download it from that russian site.

Ok nvm had to visit his russian site to get it.

This sure will help so many people.
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

Files Attatched! & also here: http://hotfile.com/dl/111389928/3d22e5e ... r.zip.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The great thing about this "hack" is that NO Nvidia files are modified in any way,

Microsoft wrote 99% of it, our Russian friend just made a small patch to SoftHidReceiver.dll - genius! :ugeek:

I still scanned everything and it's 100% clean & very stable on my system:

http://www.virustotal.com/file-scan/rep ... 1300919211" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Nick3DvB on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
lish
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lish »

That's a good news for TI :lol:
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

works for me.
I had to launch enable streo with administrator rights.
bgnome
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by bgnome »

if you want it to start automatically with windows, drop a shortcut in your startup folder, (you can set it to run as administrator if you neeed to). You can edit the .bat file and change "start cscript enablestereo.wsf" to "start /min cscript enablestereo.wsf" to have it run in a minimized window.
gixer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gixer »

hi all have got the 3d vision drivers working with the games but when i install the 3dtv play 14 day trial with the emulator running it says it can't find a 3d display.does 3dtv play not output in checkerboard
thanks gixer
asus m4n75td-sli mobo.amd phenom 11 x4 955 black edition @3.2ghz.4 gig 1333 mhz ram.zotac gtx 560 ti and gts 450 dedicated physx.samsung 500gb hard drive.samsung 8x blu-ray and coolermaster bronze 80 650w powersupply with 52 amps on the 12v rail
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Try to use this tutorial at nvidia forums along with your emitter emulator http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?show ... board&st=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

hope it works for you.

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Hello,

I'm posting because i'm desperate... :cry:

I've try to install the patch for the emulation of the 3D Vision.

I install the 3D Vision driver and then the emulation as the procedure.

Everything goes well until the driver installation.

Once I run the enablestereo.bat, the window start, the new USB device is detected and automatically installed by the windows update as Entry USB device (maybe not exactly good translation as my system is in french "Périferique d'entrée USB"). Then I have a "!" on the device manager front of the USB device and a comment on property "this device cannot start".

I've tried many times to uninstall the driver and install again, but no way it's always the same problem. I found no way to "force" the driver.

I've tried these drivers:
GeForce_3D_Vision_driver_v185.85
NVIDIA_3D_Vision_v266.21_driver
NVIDIA_3D_Vision_v266.58_driver
270.61-notebook-win7-winvista-32bit-international-whql
Always the same problem.

I've tried to manually update the driver by selecting C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA StereoUSB Driver, but windows refuse to install as "windows has defined that the current driver is the latest version available"...

I've tried to download the emulator twice to be sure there is no corrupted file.
I've tried on two different laptop as HP pavilion dv7 32bit Win7 Home and a MacBook Pro 64bit Win7 Home with both Geforce card.

I've been trying for several hours and I have no more idea... maybe i'm doing something wrong ?

Thanks for your comment.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

see if you can install the usb 3d nvidia drivers. If not then your video card does not support 3d. You get them them from me here. They are the 270.61 version and they should be included with nvidias normal workset drivers now. ftp://www.adaptengagecns.publicvm.com/N ... Driver.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I hope i don't get in trouble from the fbi :oops:

Cyberia on Youtube

Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

First disable getting drivers from windows update: http://www.dkszone.net/stop-disable-win ... ng-drivers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also disable User Account Control, then remove all nvidia drivers and reboot.

Run the emulator then go to device manager and remove the "Périferique d'entrée USB" device if it is there.

Then just install the lastest 270.61 drivers, if the USB device does not install then run NvIRUSB.exe from C:\NVIDIA\NV3DVisionUSB.Driver\...

Good luck!

8-)
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Thanks for your message.

I've tried the following.

Install the file from Dom, start the emulator, uninstall the driver, reinstall. Window reinstall the "bad" driver (périférique d'entrée USB).

Then I tried Nick3DvB way.
- disable windows update as the link
- disable UAC
- remove all nvidia driver
- uninstall the "bad" driver
REBOOT
- Install the 270.61 driver
REBOOT (requested by the NVIDIA Driver).
- start the emulator
-> windows always install the bad driver, no way to change anything ... :'(
- uninstall the "bad driver
- run C:\NVIDIA\DisplayDriver\270.61\Vista 64-bit\International\NV3DVisionUSB.Driver\NvIRUSB.exe
-> during the install, the a new USB component is detected (the emulator) and windows install again the f..... wrong driver
- uninstall the wrong driver (again)
- detect the change in window for new device
-> windows reinstall the wrong driver...

I really don't know what to do, it seems that there is no chance of selecting the correct driver...
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

Start the emulator then remove the "Périferique d'entrée USB" device (if there is a tick box saying something like "delete the driver for this device" then tick that box) DO NOT REBOOT now run NvIRUSB.exe again and see if it will install the nvidia driver. If not you can force it, first extract NvIRUSB.exe to a folder using WinRAR, then click on the USB device and go update driver, then update it manually by selecting "let me choose" -> "list all devices" -> "I have disc / select location" (I can't remember the exact names) then select nvstusb.inf and install it. Good luck....
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Actually i already tried that.

I don't have the tick box to delete the driver, i think it's that the main problem.

Then windows always install the driver and don't let me choose it. I have no idea how to disable that automatic install.

If I try to update the driver and select it as you explain, windows then refuse to install and says that the latest driver is already installed -windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date-, also no idea how to bypass that.

I'm really stuck on that, it's crazy...

Edit:
It seems that windows automatically install the "windows update" driver of my USB mouse. I use the same mouse on both computer so that could explain why I'm stuck on both.
Question is: How can I force the driver, or how can I completely delete this driver...
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

I force driver installs on windows 7 all the time, it can be done, try this: http://www.ehow.com/how_6299394_force-w ... ivers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can you post a screenshot of the device manager with the emulator running and with USB and unknown devices expanded (+)

I just want to make sure you are updating the correct device!
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Actually at this step I don't have this option: Click on the "Driver" tab. Select "Update." Click on "No, not this time" then "Next" if using Windows XP

I think it's related to my Home edition of windows. Using Vista pro at work, I'm able to select this option.

The device is the device which appear/disappear on the device manager when i start/stop the emulator.

I've tried an other way. I've extract the driver file directly from nvUSBInst.exe and install by this option on the device manager "install old generation device" to be able to select the driver manually. Unfortunately it didn't work either.

EDIT:
On my 32bit computer, it suddenly install the good driver, really crazy because I was about to give up when it suddenly install. I didn't even do anything special...

But now when Ii select the 120Hz mode it always directly go back to 60Hz. It was working at 120Hz before.. I feel that I will have to buy the 3D-XL at 350$.
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

What display have you got? You might need to load a .inf driver to get 120Hz.
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

It's an optoma projector 3d ready DLP-Link. It should work. Connected with HDMI I have no problem to run it at 120Hz.

With VGA, the 120Hz option is available on the NVIDIA panel but once enabled, it always come back at 60Hz. Then by the windows setting it's possible to force it at 120Hz but there is some resolution problems.

If i'm correct, this trick should work only on VGA and not in HDMI ? Because with HDMI everything looks to work well but the quad buffer still not enabled, and I don't have the stereoscopic options.

I will try to load the Acer_H5360modded.inf to see if something happend
EDIT:
Same problem, cannot force the inf file. Windows always say the latest version is alrealdy installed. I think it's because of the Home edition of windows...
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

What exact model projector and graphics card? Is the projector 3Dvision certified? If not you will need an .inf

I can't understand why you can't force the driver installs, have have done this on Home Edition windows before??
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

My graphic card is GeForce 9600M GT and my projector is an Optoma EW536. The projector is not certified 3D Vision but able to run 120Hz and is 3D ready.

I don't understand either. This is a standard non-OEM Windows Seven Home. At my work I often need to force the driver (we use uncommon USB driver for our machine) and I never had problem. The difference is that it's Windows Pro.

I've checked online and saw many description "how to force the driver" but I can never choose the driver. The option simply do not appear. Maybe there is an option somewhere.
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

I just checked a 7 Home PC, I can force driver installs ok???

Device manager -> Update Driver -> Browse my computer for driver software

-> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer -> Have Disk -> Browse -> Done!
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Yes finally get the tricks... there-> http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/197464- ... t-one.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. the problem is that i was browsing the folder. Damned. [noob] :oops:

Thanks for your help Nick3DvB. Now no problem to run in 120Hz in HDMI and VGA.

Now it's getting better, but still not able to activate the quad buffer. so what I did:
- Last driver installed 270.61 (maybe the problem is there, i should maybe use an old one ... ?)
- NVidia Vision emulator ON and recognized by the system
- NVidia Vision player installed
- Projector patched as ACER H5360

I've tried by HDMI and VGA, every times patched with the ACER inf.

And I still do not get it. Did I miss one step ? :?:

Attached some print screen.
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

You do not seem to have any 3Dvision options in the nvidia control panel at all!?

That is very strange because even without an emitter you should still have 3Dvision "Discover" anaglyph mode.

Maybe try disabling the laptop LCD screen and just output to the projector (do this in the BIOS if you can and then reboot)

If that doesn't work I am out of ideas... Maybe the 9600M is not supported?? :(
Last edited by Nick3DvB on Thu May 12, 2011 9:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Actually I never had the stereoscopic option, only what you see on the previous print screen, and that on both computer.

But my graphic card should work, as it's listed there:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision- ... ments.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Actually only for Blu-ray 3D playback[1][3] so there should be the problem... :woot:
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

The 9600M is not on that list but it is supported by 3Dvision: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=155585" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

3D Bluray will work but the MVC decoding will be done by the CPU so it might be a bit jerky.

I can't understand why you don't have 3Dvision in the control panel??

Either the main 3Dvision driver did not install properly (not the emitter driver)

or the dual-display is disabling 3Dvision, did you try disabling the laptop screen and just using the projector?
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Very strange, I think I will write directly to NVidia to figure it out.

I've tried to disable it on the BIOS but there is no option for that.

I've also always disabling the laptop screen so all the tests I did is with the projector as the only display. I've also tried to disable the laptop display and reboot, so it reboot directly on the projector (except the BIOS) and still the same.

Same on my MC Book pro.

I don't know if I will finally be able to make it, or if still wait several more month that the 3d-XL box at 350$ :( is available on my country, or buy a new computer...

Anyway thanks for your strong support Nick3DvB :)
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

No problem, I hope nvidia can help you, but I would not mention the emulator though... lol ;)

I don't think it is a hardware problem, maybe try something like Driver Sweeper or a clean windows install?

I hope you can get it working, let me know how you get on, good luck with it!
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Well,

I think it's clear...
Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care

This is Arun assisting you with your query

I understand from your email that you are facing issues while trying to install the 3 D Vision kit on your Laptop

I am sorry for the inconvenience caused but please note that the GeForce 9600 M GT is not supported by the 3 D Vision drivers and hence we would not be able to install the 3 D Vision drivers on the Laptop with this graphics card

Again I am sorry for any inconvenience that may have been caused but please feel free to contact us for any further queries and we would be glad to assist you
Damned
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

Damn. :(

Even though the 9600M is not officialy supported a few people seem to have got it working, maybe try older drivers.

But if you can't get 3Dvision working you can still watch 3D video using Sview player: http://www.sview.ru/en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Actually I can watch it, but the eye side is always switching... then after 2min you only want to vomit with a big headache ^^ Is this software fixing this problem ? I don't think so because I still need the quad buffer...

Actually i feel a bit scammed because I bought this graphic card, the quad buffer is in it but I cannot use it because of some software "lock". it's like you buy a car and you have to pay some extra money to enable to electrical window to open it...

I will try this software with no real hope :)
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

I know how you feel, you might find this thread interesting:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... st20174467" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I linked to my post about Sview, it has the best quad-buffer emulation I have found.

I hope it does the trick!

:)
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Thanks for the link and your explaination.

Indeed, no more eye swapping :D but there is some freeze. At some moment, it's almost like 2 frames / sec. At least you don't vomit after 5 min.

I've tried to set the PID priority at high but it didn't helped. I will try to adjust some settings of my computer in order to increase the speed.
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

I found something I'm going to try: http://stereo.jpn.org/eng/stphmkr/help/opengl.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will see if it work :D

Otherwise maybe a USB graphic card or something like that.
Nick3DvB

Post by Nick3DvB »

To prevent freezing in sview try disabling all power management in control panel (set to high performance, stop hard disk spin-down etc)

You can also try playing with the smooth filter and vsync settings in sview.

I'm affraid that soft-Quadro hacks do not work on new cards / drivers, it had been tried before, there is a thread on here about it.

I think your best chance is to try older drivers or maybe patch the inf files of new driver somehow with the 9600M hardware ID.
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

Hello,
Try to run enablestereo.bat by type it into cmd line instead of directly double clicking in it.
If it does works, create a shortcut and be aware that the "start in" field is full- filled and match the path of the batch file.
In example: if the target is "D:\Logiciels\3Dvision\enablestereo.bat", the start in path must be "D:\Logiciels\3Dvision" if not the virtual device will not be activated correctly.
DaveDean
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DaveDean »

Hi Guys ,
I'm NEW here but I found this very interesting and would like to know more.

I do NOT have a GeForce 3D card yet but I want to buy one as I have a Projector (HD66 3D compatible).

Can anyone tell me what I need to buy in order to use the USB emulator ?
What does this USB Emulator saves me from buying and what 3D Glasses should I get ?

Thank you all !
Every word is appreciated in my search for knowledge... :)

Dave
swisstonic
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by swisstonic »

Hi Dave,

This emulator is only to enable the function in some locked graphic card. If you're going to buy it, look that the quad buffer function is available and you shouldn't need to do any special tricks to use it.

there is some nvidia quad-something.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”