24" 1080p acer 3D monitor 120hz Nvidia 3d vision compatible!

smoothy
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

24" 1080p acer 3D monitor 120hz Nvidia 3d vision compatible!

Post by smoothy »

http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2009/10/3 ... -soon.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really like marketsaw they always have great 3D news.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: 24" 1080p acer 3D monitor 120hz Nvidia 3d vision compatible!

Post by cybereality »

Whats with the orange? Did they do that for Halloween or something?
Allingby
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Allingby »

Guess it would match Alienware cabinets with orange lights pretty well?
Now nVIDIA just needs to update the compatibility list.
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

Update: the monitors are availabe for preorder; the two models are the Acer GD245HQ (US/EU/UK) and the GD235HZ (for other markets, probably no HDMI and VGA ports?!!).

http://us.acer.com/acer/news_detail.do? ... 2979805300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://3dvision-blog.com/acer-aspire-gd ... e-monitor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nvidia 3D Vision page has been updated as well.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_ ... ments.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I would get one if it weren't for that orange. I really hope it comes in straight-up black.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Is there a price tag yet?
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

MSRP US $500 for GD245HQ, according to Acer.ru
winlonghorn
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winlonghorn »

DmitryKo wrote:MSRP US $500 for GD245HQ, according to Acer.ru
Wow! That is pricey when you add on the 3D Vision glasses! *sigh* Oh well. For the sake of 3D blu ray, Acer monitor here I come!
winlonghorn
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winlonghorn »

DmitryKo wrote:Update: the monitors are availabe for preorder; the two models are the Acer GD245HQ (US/EU/UK) and the GD235HZ (for other markets, probably no HDMI and VGA ports?!!).

http://us.acer.com/acer/news_detail.do? ... 2979805300" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://3dvision-blog.com/acer-aspire-gd ... e-monitor/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nvidia 3D Vision page has been updated as well.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/3D_Vision_ ... ments.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Where is it available for preorder? I can't get it to let me preorder. :(
Gae43
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Gae43 »

So how would a monitor like this one work with other shutter systems? I have the Xtreme 3D shutter system that utilises a dongle and is viewable over VGA output via CRT or DLP projector. Would this shutter system work with this monitor? It's worth the upgrade for the Full 1080p screen too.

Gae43
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

Gae43 wrote:So how would a monitor like this one work with other shutter systems?
It won't. For now, 120 Hz stereo gaming is only available with Nvidia 3D Vision glasses.

There are only two possibilities for 3rd party glasses support: either 3rd parties come with an USB emitter (maybe even DVI or DisplayPort pass-through), or video cards will once again start to include the VESA stereo connector. There could be some other tricks like using secondary VGA output for sync, but I'm not sure if it's possible. Anyway it will only work if AMD, iZ3D, DDD/Tridef and Microsoft would come up with a way to pass the video sync signal to the emitter or the VESA connector.

According to another thread, at least one company is working on LCD-compatible products, but no details are available.
I have the Xtreme 3D shutter system that utilises a dongle and is viewable over VGA output via CRT or DLP projector. Would this shutter system work with this monitor?
No, it would not. The VGA input on GD245HQ can only accept 1920x1080 @75 Hz according to the specs.
winlonghorn wrote:That is pricey when you add on the 3D Vision glasses!
That wasn't unexpected considering that 22" 120 Hz monitors are nearly twice as much as a regular 22" monitors. I'd think US street prices for GH245HQ will reach $350 quite soon, and that would be only $100 over a regular 24" TN+film monitor.
winlonghorn wrote:Where is it available for preorder? I can't get it to let me preorder.
It was certainly available for preorder from at least one store in the UK; check google.com/?q=GD245HQ+preorder
Allingby
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Allingby »

Hello, ladies and gentlemen! Been away for a week, since my MacBook Pro's BIOS, firmware, whatever apple calls it, crashed totally... It's still "In repair" but replacing the logic board will most likely cost more than for them to give me a new, with a 9600M GT (FREE WIN!)

Anywho, finally got my set-up done, water-cooled i7 and a GTX 285, plus 6G's o'ram on a Gigabyte UD5 board... And it's a shiny machine xD
Now this baby doesn't have any 3D features, other than anaglyph, cross-eye, the "Everything compatible" S-3D stuff, SO!... I need this display (That this thread discusses) the GD24HQ... Or whatever the Euro name was o.O
That means I won't be doing the "3D shift" till sometime in summer, but oh well... That point I'll just find a Dual GPU Fermi card :P It'll most likely be called the GTX 395 or something, 1 GPU per eye=Win, plus the 300/Fermi series does DX11 8) ...I bet I'll have to water-cool that and over-clock some moar...

SO! This Monitor, nVIDIA 3D Vision kit, "GTX 395" (Or whatever the name) possibly a core i9 and a VGA water-cooling head, do you guys approve of that summer-upgrade?
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

That will be a fast machine for sure - and I have seen pictures of the Acer monitor in black BTW.
winlonghorn
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winlonghorn »

DmitryKo wrote:
Gae43 wrote:So how would a monitor like this one work with other shutter systems?
It won't. For now, 120 Hz stereo gaming is only available with Nvidia 3D Vision glasses.

There are only two possibilities for 3rd party glasses support: either 3rd parties come with an USB emitter (maybe even DVI or DisplayPort pass-through), or video cards will once again start to include the VESA stereo connector. There could be some other tricks like using secondary VGA output for sync, but I'm not sure if it's possible. Anyway it will only work if AMD, iZ3D, DDD/Tridef and Microsoft would come up with a way to pass the video sync signal to the emitter or the VESA connector.

According to another thread, at least one company is working on LCD-compatible products, but no details are available.
I have the Xtreme 3D shutter system that utilises a dongle and is viewable over VGA output via CRT or DLP projector. Would this shutter system work with this monitor?
No, it would not. The VGA input on GD245HQ can only accept 1920x1080 @75 Hz according to the specs.
winlonghorn wrote:That is pricey when you add on the 3D Vision glasses!
That wasn't unexpected considering that 22" 120 Hz monitors are nearly twice as much as a regular 22" monitors. I'd think US street prices for GH245HQ will reach $350 quite soon, and that would be only $100 over a regular 24" TN+film monitor.
winlonghorn wrote:Where is it available for preorder? I can't get it to let me preorder.
It was certainly available for preorder from at least one store in the UK; check google.com/?q=GD245HQ+preorder
Wow, I do actually see the monitor available for preorder in the UK after clicking your link. However, do they ship to the United States? If so, this might be a good option. Thank you.
The_Doctor
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by The_Doctor »

Just wait, they'll see in in the US as well, you'll pay half the price of the monitor to ship it.
PalmerTech

Post by PalmerTech »

My room is painted orange, so I would like this! :P Expensive, though.
winlonghorn
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winlonghorn »

PalmerTech wrote:My room is painted orange, so I would like this! :P Expensive, though.
Yeah, it is expensive, but worth it if I can ever get information on when they will sell it lol. I had nothing but the runaround from Acer customer service and every store that I called said that it isn't even in their systems at all!
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Post by Freke1 »

Someone posted this link: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/236-Acer ... z-Speakers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
looks like 22nd january.
Okta

Post by Okta »

Probably a silly question, but would this monitor and the existing 22 inch 120hz monitors work with old xp page flipping and shutter glasses (if the lcd's are revolved to allow light through)?
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.
winlonghorn
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by winlonghorn »

Freke1 wrote:Someone posted this link: http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/236-Acer ... z-Speakers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
looks like 22nd january.
Hmm? interesting. I wonder if that is just a guess by the retailer or an actual date? Thank you for the link.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”