3DeeSlide/Central Content

forzaphil
One Eyed Hopeful

3DeeSlide/Central Content

Post by forzaphil »

Hi,

I ordered a 3DeeSlide (the lenticular slip cover for an iPhone) from Spatial View about a month ago. Now that it's arrived, it looks like the company has gone bust. Neither the Spatial View website or its 3DeeCentral content portal exists anymore.

The 3DeeCentral app still exists on iTunes, but there's no content accessible when you load it.

I only bought it it test it out (I'm an app developer) so I wouldn't be too bothered if I could just get my hands on some compatible images or create my own.

Does anyone know if there are any images in the public domain or if anyone has had any success in creating their own?

Thanks
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Re: 3DeeSlide/Central Content

Post by Fredz »

forzaphil
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by forzaphil »

Wow. :o

You certainly went into depth in your investigation of the 3DeeSlide. I'm going to try running some of the videos on my iPhone and take it from there. I've been creating lenticular images for print in Photoshop, but the angle of the lens on the 3DeeSlide and not knowing much else about it has defeated me so far in my attempts to create images for my iPhone.

I've got a my3D from Hasbro here, so I'm looking forward to comparing them.

If Spatial View have gone bust it will be a real shame as I think it's a really great piece of innovation, even if it is a little rough at times.

I guess we'll have to wait for the 200lpi built in lenticular screen in the iPad7. ;)

Thanks
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

I didn't go as far as finding a way to get rid of aliasing though. The 3D effect should still be nice without antialiasing, but it looks a bit blocky. Unfortunately my iPhone isn't working anymore so I've lost interest in this. But if you want some help to get you started don't hesitate to ask.

Weird that Spatial View website is no more accessible, I think a news was posted recently about some new products from them. Maybe it's only a temporary technical problem with their sites.

If you want a mobile phone that can display in 3D without having to create the content yourself you may have a look at the LG Optimus 3D or the HTC Evo 3D also.
forzaphil
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by forzaphil »

Maybe it's only a temporary technical problem with their sites.
It seems more terminal than that. The site's been down for a couple of weeks, and there's no content available for their 3DeeCentral app or their Viewmaster app.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

The site is back online, seems that was only a temporary problem after all. The 3DeeCentral app is buggy though, it quits shortly after launch on my Android phone.
Fredz
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Fredz »

The bug seems to have vanished, now I can use the app on my newly acquired HTC Evo 3D. :) It's visually a lot better than with the 3DeeSlide on the iPhone 3GS, I'll have to put a review about it in the forum.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Cool.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”