baffled as to why i need nvidia 3d vision for 3d blu ray

rogerharris
One Eyed Hopeful

baffled as to why i need nvidia 3d vision for 3d blu ray

Post by rogerharris »

excuse my ignorance, old school 3d here in process off upgrading.

With all these new drivers iz3d and tridef i can get my old edimenional 85hz SVGA optoma projector (which takes HDTV: 720p, 1080i) and has dvi to work with windows 7 new graphics cards and games etc. albeit at SVGA. Doesnt bother me for now. nicely upscaled DVD can be fine even at 100". A larger screen is more important than resolution for 3d due to the way the size of images are reduced by 3d but thats another topic.

I dont get why i need 3d vision ? cant iz3d and tridef drivers pass on the output from blu ray 3d conversion as if it were game data ?
FIRST RIG:
Nvidia 6200 grafix + Shutter glasses
Optoma EP719 projector
Hitachi 21" CRT + Fresnel
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: baffled as to why i need nvidia 3d vision for 3d blu ray

Post by cybereality »

Technically they probably could, but this would require they get licenses for Blu-Ray, HDCP, MVC, etc. and all that stuff costs serious $$$. Since they are focused on gaming I guess its just not a priority. If you want to playback Blu-Ray 3D on a legacy setup, what you need to do rip the disc yourself using any number of tools (for example: http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-3d-ripper.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ).
rogerharris
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rogerharris »

cybereality wrote:Technically they probably could, but this would require they get licenses for Blu-Ray, HDCP, MVC, etc. and all that stuff costs serious $$$. Since they are focused on gaming I guess its just not a priority. If you want to playback Blu-Ray 3D on a legacy setup, what you need to do rip the disc yourself using any number of tools (for example: http://www.dvdfab.com/blu-ray-3d-ripper.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ).
hey thats great news. looks like less hassle than trying to get a regular blu ray 3d setup working.
FIRST RIG:
Nvidia 6200 grafix + Shutter glasses
Optoma EP719 projector
Hitachi 21" CRT + Fresnel
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I think there is a quicker/easier way to do it using the Stereoscopic Player, but you will need software to remove the encryption/protection from the SSIF files. Maybe AnyDVD can do this, I'm not sure.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”