Anyone Want a Free Zalman Trimon 3D Monitor?

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Anyone Want a Free Zalman Trimon 3D Monitor?

Post by cybereality »

I have a Zalman Trimon 22" 3D monitor (1680x1050) I no longer use at all. It's been in the closet for like 2 years and I don't think I will ever touch it again. Would anyone be interested in taking it off my hands? I will give it for free, you just pay the shipping from California. Please, U.S. only as shipping internationally will be too complex.

It's not a bad monitor, but it's old, so it doesn't have all the features you expect from modern 3D monitors. For example, the resolution is lower than 1080p, it doesn't support HDCP (so no 3D Blu-Ray), and the interleaved passive is probably not as nice looking as active glasses. But if you can't afford a good modern solution maybe it will be OK.

Also, if you already have something new like Nvidia 3D Vision or Oculus Rift, please allow someone else less fortunate to accept this offer. Thanks.
skyguy
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Anyone Want a Free Zalman Trimon 3D Monitor?

Post by skyguy »

That's really nice of you.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

8-)
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
LukePC1
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by LukePC1 »

Already/still got that Zalman 3D from like 2009.
Is it realy inferior to newer 3D displays?
You get no shutter-flicker. Not even 120Hz flicker and you got more driver options since it's interlaced and easy to feed with input. No battery charging of glasses
Play Nations at WAR with this code to get 5.000$ as a Starterbonus:
ayqz1u0s
http://mtbs3d.com/naw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AMD x2 4200+ 2gb Dualchannel
GF 7900gs for old CRT with Elsa Revelator SG's
currently 94.24 Forceware and 94.24 Stereo with XP sp2!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

@LukePC1: There are pros and cons, but I enjoy the active glasses better. Especially with the higher resolutions (using 1440p currently) it just looks better. The Zalman (and other FPR displays) have a very narrow sweet-spot, and this becomes a hassle for me. Granted, when you're in the sweet-spot it looks good, but it's easy to shift in your chair and get ghosting or whatever. I don't mind the flicker of active much, though I will admit it can cause some mild discomfort after long spans of time. To each his own, it's a trade off. Fact is, I haven't used the Zalman in years, and will probably never use it again. I did love it while it lasted, but I've moved on.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Someone finally took me up on the offer. The monitor was sent to MTBS member "Crow550", totally free of charge.

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”