netflix 3D

lnrrgb
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

netflix 3D

Post by lnrrgb »

Spotted the announcement coming from CES. Hope they get enough interest to bump up their offerings in the future.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: netflix 3D

Post by cybereality »

Cool.
LeeN
Cross Eyed!

Post by LeeN »

I heard them say they were going to support this for 3DS when the app was released for it but no content ever showed up.
lnrrgb

Post by lnrrgb »

Ive noticed that Netflix kinda plays with the 3D offerings that they present to people under the category "3D" when accessed with capable equipment. I have a couple different user names with my account, and their "3D" list is similar, but not the same. Another thing, there is either some constant flux, or they offer up items to tempt you somehow, then pull them just as quickly. For instance, I had not looked in on the 3D offerings in some time, and when I did look, they had "the croods" listed, so I watched it in 3D. But days later, it was gone...at least the 3D version... for me at least... perhaps because I had watched it once, perhaps because they ....well who knows what, but maybe they were just testing the waters.

I suggest that you check in on the offerings, and add them all to a watchlist. Then check back later, to see if they are randomly fluffing up content. There are quite a lot of things being offered today, but maybe not tomorrow. Having them in a watchlist might not necessarily give access down the road, when, or if they pull them..... but it might.
slipstream
Cross Eyed!

Post by slipstream »

Cool. Will have to check later. Not seen nothing as yet.
lnrrgb

Post by lnrrgb »

Not seen nothing yet?..... might be an issue with your ISP. (if I am grasping what you say) They say that 3D programming is only offered up front with ISP's that can handle the bandwidth (if I, once again, grasp things correctly). I think some ISP's cannot handle the load correctly, so Netflix users with "?shoddy?" ISP's do not even see the 3D listings. If you have not noticed 3D offerings before, you may be out of luck altogether. Plus, if you access Netflix on a device unsuited for 3D, the listings do not show up as well. Would be nice if the 3DS was supported, but even it is banned from support, so the list does not show up at all.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”