By Neil Schneider
The S-3D Gaming Alliance and its partners are pleased to reveal the preliminary results from The 2010 U-Decide Initiative. Here are some key features:
- Data collected from July 7th to October 1st, 2010
- Purposely targeted to gamers (console & PC)
- 1,169 respondents (735 traditional 2D gamers that don't own 3D equipment, 434 experienced stereoscopic 3D gamers that do)
- These preliminary results are 100% based on the 2D gamer portion to avoid skewing.
- This is a tiny sampling of the data collected. A full report will be released in November, 2010.
- 75% of respondents are based in North America, 15% are from Europe, and the remaining 10% span the world.
- According to the Entertainment Software Association, over 50% of adults play video games.
3D Glasses or NO 3D Glasses?
While pundits and general interest 3D studies are all up and arms about the need for glasses-free technology, these statements continue to go unfounded among gamers. According to traditional 2D gamers who don't yet own 3D equipment of their own...Read full article...