Foculus Rift Tracker DK showing up, but not working in demo

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
benjifeet
One Eyed Hopeful

Foculus Rift Tracker DK showing up, but not working in demo

Post by benjifeet »

Hey,

I have been trying to get my STM32F3 working with the Foculus Rift firmware. i have flashed it in the ST-LINK Utility, and it shows up a Tracker DK in the Devices and Printers section. When I try to run the Oculus Tuscan demo, there is no input from the STM32F3. I am on Windows 8.1, and I have no Logitech or Xbox Products in my PC either. I also got the most recent SDK from the Oculus Developer page. Am I doing anything obvious wrong, or is it a problem with my board?

Thanks
Benji
Last edited by benjifeet on Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Need help setting up Foculus Rift!

Post by geekmaster »

Mine works fine, programmed with the ST-Link utility AND programmed from the Keil toolchain (after getting hidden config settings right). How are you trying to flash the code into the device (give details please)?
benjifeet
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by benjifeet »

geekmaster wrote:Mine works fine, programmed with the ST-Link utility AND programmed from the Keil toolchain (after getting hidden config settings right). How are you trying to flash the code into the device (give details please)?
I finally got it to flash properly in ST-Link utility, but now Tracker DK shows up in the Device and Printers, but doesnt work at all. I have been using the Oculus rift demo scene with the most recent skd, but I have a 0 luck!

How do you go about using the Keil toolchain also.

Thanks
Benji
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

benjifeet wrote:
geekmaster wrote:Mine works fine, programmed with the ST-Link utility AND programmed from the Keil toolchain (after getting hidden config settings right). How are you trying to flash the code into the device (give details please)?
I finally got it to flash properly in ST-Link utility, but now Tracker DK shows up in the Device and Printers, but doesnt work at all. I have been using the Oculus rift demo scene with the most recent skd, but I have a 0 luck!

Thanks
Benji
Programs compiled with newer SDKs do not work with the foculus firmware. You need to find older demos that work with it.

My Foculus showed up as a Tracker DK only for a moment, then changed to a HID device.

In Keil uVision: Flash menu, Configure Flash Tools..., Debug tab, Use: "ST-Link Debugger" pull-down, Settings button, Port SW (default was JTAG)...
benjifeet
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by benjifeet »

geekmaster wrote:
benjifeet wrote:

Thanks
Benji
Programs compiled with newer SDKs do not work with the foculus firmware. You need to find older demos that work with it.

My Foculus showed up as a Tracker DK only for a moment, then changed to a HID device.

In Keil uVision: Flash menu, Configure Flash Tools..., Debug tab, Use: "ST-Link Debugger" pull-down, Settings button, Port SW (default was JTAG)...
In Keil, what do I open/ how do i flash to my board?
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

benjifeet wrote:In Keil, what do I open/ how do i flash to my board?
You need a project. Create or download one for the Foculus, and if needed, add your source files to it. Configure it (especially the settings I mentioned above). Compile it and flash it. A bit of learning curve. But it works.

Start with a simple blinky LED demo, to learn how to create a project and flash it. Then try something advanced like the Foculus firmware.

But like I said, it only works with old apps compiled with old SDKs, until somebody updates Foculus to add the required magnetometer calibration procedure.

Return to “Do it Yourself!”