I Did a Horrible Thing

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

I Did a Horrible Thing

Post by Neil »

Hi Everyone,

I have an admission to make. An admission I'm just not proud of.

In the stress of my day to day, I've been making a point to use my home theater system to the max. I've got a 10' projection screen, Panasonic 1080P 3D Projector, surround sound system, PS4, PC HDMI hook-up - it's my space. Anyways, once my son is asleep, it's my time. We get The Movie Network channels, so I've been going through the library and trying to take in a film every few days. It's really like having a personal movie theater and it's lots of fun.

Anyways, the library has quickly exhausted (of movies that I'm interested in, anyway). So last night...I did a horrible thing.

You know how you hear a movie isn't so good, but when you actually see it, it's only bad if you paid to see it, but it's otherwise OK for what it is?

Last night...I saw Pixels - the Adam Sandler movie. It was terrible. So terrible that even with the knowledge of having seen it for free...I regret seeing it. I wish I could un-see it. I don't even want to review it because my review would be more entertaining than any redeeming value the film could hope to (but doesn't) deliver.

I think it is the absolutely worst movie I have seen in recent memory, and is probably worse than other movies I have seen in distant memory, but my mind has blocked them out somehow. Or, maybe this movie was so unbelievably awful, it is beyond my mind's ability to block this film out of consciousness.

Pixels. Don't share in my shame. Don't watch this movie. Don't let someone invite you to their house to watch this movie. If you can get the reference, it really was Adam Sandler's answer to Vogon poetry.

Regards,
Neil
ThumbsUp
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: I Did a Horrible Thing

Post by ThumbsUp »

Thanks for the warning. Though I must admit, watching the trailer was enough to decide that I want nothing to do with this movie. Worst idea ever.
Dilip
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Dilip »

Neil wrote:Hi Everyone,I have an admission to make. An admission I'm just not proud of.
Don't worry you are not alone..
Come 2015, somebody thought that making a movie based on Pac Man's endless pursuit of white dots was a good idea. It was not. Adam Sandler's Pixels movie is among the lowest-rated movies of all time even though it made $98.6 million in profits over its $145 million production and marketing budget. Movie producers quickly learned that highly recognizable game franchises can attract lots of movie goers regardless of the movie's quality. Since then, the Angry Birds movies was recently released to lackluster reviews and impressive profits. In the meanwhile, Tetris is well on its way to become a sci-fi trilogy.
http://megagames.com/news/fruit-ninja-t ... tion-movie

Fruit Ninja Movie too on the way ;)
kekewons
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kekewons »

Hehe, Niels. :D

I did that once a long time ago too when I watched "Armegeddon," which is possibly the worst waste of even digital film I've ever come across...but then I don't get all that much either these days.

That was all long before Twitter, so I'm sure there have been worse abuses of the digital medium (and Adam Sandler would be right up there, pushing the edges of the envelope, I'm sure. :-P).

=====

So...what pushed you over the edge and is there a twelve step program which can help walk you back?

And is it available...

...in 3D? :-D
kekewons
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kekewons »

Inspired, Niels, perhaps by this?: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrJ2jc6qfzA

Don't worry. You action was only deporable.

Oh...wait...you said no...<whisper....> no "politics"....

Sorry there. :D
kekewons
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by kekewons »

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/posting.php ... 21&t=21824

The video was originally entitled "Chriso Rows it at Rouen." It shows something which could well have been considered a "state-of-the-art" sim-racing cockpit back in the day, and one driven by a truly talented man: Chriso is one "Chris O'Brian," who is still, as far as I know, the one and ONLY driver to ever have raced not only sim cars...but also the REAL deal (Formula 3 and Formula 2) against four men (then) who would later go on to become Formula One World Champions: Chris raced (and lost) to Niki Lauda, James Hunt, Alan Jones, and Jody Scheckter, all four of them. In the UK, back in the early seventies.

He moved to North America round about '73 or '74...and had the further priveledge (and I'm SURE he would describe it as such) to race against the "second man who should have been World Champion, but was not (the first being Sir Stirling Moss, UK: Gilles VIlleneuve, CAN).

In this video you see ChrisO driving using a homebuilt rig of wood supports, in front of a monitor which is anything but VR...but such is his level of skill and concentration that he can focus in to the point it just doesn't matter.

ChrisO was, the last time I talked to him, still quite the advocate of driving using a stick, and three pedals rather than two.

He's my hero, in case you haven't already gleaned it. :D
rosemartine
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rosemartine »

You are not alone on the planet who have seen worst movie. I think it happens with every one. Last time I saw B.A. Pass movie, worst movie I ever seen. And after finishing it, I was asking question my self why should I watch this movie. Mind disturbing movie, I hated it.

Return to “General Discussion”