need some suggestions for my rig idea

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
surfyrose
One Eyed Hopeful

need some suggestions for my rig idea

Post by surfyrose »

Hi, I've just registered and I've been having this hmd idea of my own, but apparently I don't know how should I put it. I need help on identifying the right hardware for my idea

The idea here is to have 2 lcd instead of one as proposed on diy hmd (I've seen it on the main website wiki I think) but that uses a single big lcd panel.

What I really wanted to have is to put 2 lcd panels placed for each eyes on the compartment later, but there will be a button for it.

This button will switch between 2 modes:

1. The display will be identical; each eye will see same image and no 3d here but will make the navigation easier without taking off the hmd (more like the pc will recognize those 2 lcds as one monitor)
2. The display will be extended; the display will be halved and divided across the lcds (the pc will recognize the lcds as 2 separate monitor and extend the display across it)

This is to either watch any 3d sbs content with option 2, or just normal usage with option 1 but of course that would need a lvds that can switch between both modes.

Do correct me if I'm wrong here or this idea has been made before or not. It's just an idea that I might consider working on in the future.

Thank you in advance

Return to “General Discussion”