I have developed a stereoscopic plugin for Compiz Window manager in Linux. Here's some 3D video of plugin working:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7eOICtovNs
- Support for row interlaced, column interlaced and anaglyph (optimized/wimmer method) output. Unfortunately 3D vision is not supported yet
- 3D Windows with full support for 3D scene - all windows are placed in 3D scene, with its own depth.
- Automatic placement for windows according to window stack - switching active window causes some simple animations, and lets you keep the active window in front
- Simple lighting options - windows that are deeper have less saturation and brightness to enhance 3D experience
- Mouse cursor drawn in 3D scene - cursor is placed at the depth of active window, so you can easily work with it
It's more like proof-of-concept, but its fully working, and effect is really nice. All information about the plugin you can find at http://ddudek.pl
So does someone find it handy and would like for plugin to be developed further?