Vireio Perception 4.x Alpha 1 Support Thread

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Vireio Perception 4.x Alpha 1 Support Thread

Post by Neil »

So the drivers are available for download here:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/downloads-section ... load/22/73

If you are running into problems with the drivers, post here along with your tech specs, SDK versions, etc. We have a process for testing and diagnosing all kinds of problems, but unless we have some basic info to work from and can work through a process, you're going to miss out on a lot of fun.

If you are having difficulty with registration, email customerservice@mtbs3D.com.

Regards,
Neil
imi
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Vireio Perception 4.x Alpha 1 Support Thread

Post by imi »

Hi, a have some issues.

Im changed settings, disable everything, graphics in low mode.

GTX 750 TI
Win 10
DK2

The left screen is little interesting. As i see, when move my head, on a specific position, the left screen looks almost fine.
And no headtracking at all.
The menu screens are ok, this error comes only ingame.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Imi !

Did you turn off DepthOfField using the Fallout 4 Tweaker from Bilago ? Also, be sure to disable Decals, Ambient Occlusion, Water Reflections, Radial Blur. Sometimes the Tweakers settings get lost and you need to check them again.

No tracking ? Can you check wether game updates are turned off ? This should work with the latest version, NOT with any previous game versions.

Kind Regards, Denis
imi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by imi »

EisernSchild wrote:Hi Imi !

Did you turn off DepthOfField using the Fallout 4 Tweaker from Bilago ? Also, be sure to disable Decals, Ambient Occlusion, Water Reflections, Radial Blur. Sometimes the Tweakers settings get lost and you need to check them again.

No tracking ? Can you check wether game updates are turned off ? This should work with the latest version, NOT with any previous game versions.

Kind Regards, Denis

Hi Denis!

Thanks, yes the one problem is the tweaker not saved the settings. Im copyed to the game folder, and enabled to use tweak launcher, now the graphics is good.
Not updated yet (fresh install). im update the game, hope then head tracking will works too.

UPDATE: Work great with the update, thank you!

Its awesome.

legotech25
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by legotech25 »

Good evening.

A few questions/problems. Win10, gtx980ti, cv1

Fallout 4 is crashing on startup, but oculus home has problems after this happens. My "home" area looks like a large black movie screen in a black area. I can boot into other games from my monitor and play them in vr just fine, but going home from those brings up this same black environment.

My process has been:
Use the tweaker to disable the indicated features, disable steam overlay. I don't run fraps or anything.
Run fallout 4 launcher
Run perception64 as administrator
Load the fallout4 oculus profile in perception
Click play in fallout 4 launcher

Additionally, how do I use 4.0 with other games? I understand that they have to be dx11. How can I tell which version of dx a game is using?

Thanks, sorry if these are noob questions, or questions answered elsewhere.
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

legotech25 wrote: Additionally, how do I use 4.0 with other games? I understand that they have to be dx11. How can I tell which version of dx a game is using?
Sorry, Fallout4 is currently our first game to be supported from startup. Soon, there will be much more titles, of course. Vireio Perceptions knows the DX version of the game you load the profile for.

Please download and install the VS2013 redist from MS:
https://www.microsoft.com/de-at/downloa ... x?id=40784

If Fallout 4 still crashes, can you get the TraceSpy tool running and then repeat the process you've done ? Please send me then the debug log, hope to find the reason for your crash.
legotech25
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by legotech25 »

Thanks, I sent you the full log in a PM. Looks like Razer Synapse also has an "in game overlay", so I disabled that and tried again before taking the logs.
Kesitu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kesitu »

Hi Denis,

Can you tell me where's the newest source code which is relevant to this release version? It seems that the code on github isn't changed so much.
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

legotech25 wrote:Thanks, I sent you the full log in a PM. Looks like Razer Synapse also has an "in game overlay", so I disabled that and tried again before taking the logs.
Good to know that this overlay exists. That possibly also prevents the D3D hook from working. Sorry, there was no data attached in the PM, please try again.
Kesitu wrote:Can you tell me where's the newest source code which is relevant to this release version? It seems that the code on github isn't changed so much.
Vireio Perception v4 is now based on plugins (which build nodes). You find them here:

https://github.com/cybereality/Percepti ... ginSection

This builds the core of the new architecture. With the additional tool "Aquilinus - 3D Modification Studio" we can now create game profiles connecting these nodes together. That is now a fully versatile system that gives us a huge range of options to create different game profiles for different (VR-) devices.

Aquilinus will be published soon so anyone can use this tool to connect the Vireio Plugins for his very own, personalized game profiles.
Sapjes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sapjes »

Thanks for the 4.0 release! I've got everything running now on my CV1 Rift except positional tracking. FO4 is up-to-date according to Steam, Fallout4.exe showing version 1.5.157.0.

I've followed all the instructions I could find, overlay disabled, gfx settings tweaked, order of executing Vireio and Fallout...

Any other things I could try to enable/fix the positional tracking ?
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

@legotech25 : did send you modified versions of the Oculus plugins via PM. please try them, they add delay at startup, your game crashes due to troubles with Oculus tracking.

@Sapjes : interesting to hear pos tracking is not working. that means that the memory pointers for that are maybe unstable. will take a look at them on weekend now
legotech25
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by legotech25 »

Awesome! The delay works and the game no longer crashes

Problem pt2, see the attached image.
The starting movie, title screen, and loading screens are ok. There's no tracking on them and I'm fairly certain there's no depth. Some of this might be working as intended, but I don't know so I thought I'd mention it.

In game, the head tracks correctly and the colors are correct in one eye, but the other is... that. Because of the mismatch, I can't actually tell if there's depth or not.
I set my graphics settings to medium.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Kewl that this works now.... you helped us to find a maybe common conflict that we can now avoid in future !

For your "left eye colored acid" troubles : please read the posts from "imi" in this thread. You lost your "Fallout 4 Tweaker" settings. Unfortunately you need this tool to turn off DoF (DepthOfField). We could not find out how to handle this setting in stereo with head roll so it needs to be turned off !!

(no solution currently for the main menu and gui.... we work on it... please currently use left thumb to zoom out)
nalex66
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nalex66 »

Not sure what I've done wrong, but I'm getting terrible juddery tracking (DK2, latest Oculus drivers 1.3.2). I also can't bring up the VP menu. Pressing L-CTRL + Q gets me a little Veirio Perception screen with the FOV adjustments, but nothing else. None of the other shortcut keys are working for me either (HMD stats, FPS counter, etc.) Tracking in the Oculus Home app is perfectly smooth.

I've launched the game through Bilago's tool and disabled the specified settings, and put the general game settings to Medium/Low plus turned off AA. Anything I'm missing?

Edit: I'm running on an i7 5820K clocked to 4 GHz, a GTX 980 SC, and I have the game installed on an SSD.
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi nalex66 !

Do you encounter this judder only in open world or also inside buildings ? For open world judder there is unfortunately no other solution than installing the game to SSD.

Vireio v4 is currently in Alpha stage, that means among other things that the main menu is currently just a temporary solution. This comes since almost the whole code of the project is new and we work to inherit all features from previous versions as soon as Vive (OpenVR) support is finished.

Regards, Denis
t34p075
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by t34p075 »

Thanks for all the hard work!

I am having an issue with Fallout 4. I start the Fallout Launcher, then open Vireio and load the Oculus profile. I hit play on the FO launcher, but when the game comes up it is not in stereo and there is no tracking-I do not believe it is injecting.

I have an Nvidia 770 gtx card, running windows 10 and the latest update of Fallout 4. The game is running fullscreen mode, but I have tried windowed as well.

I do not use an actual oculus rift, but a DIY option that streams to my cell phone. I've used this successfully with several other VR games, including Skyrim with Vireio, so I don't think it is a problem. But I want to mention it to be complete.

I can't wait to play this game in VR!
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi t34p075 !

The new version of the driver does not include a DIY option for now. The Oculus profile only works for DK2 and CV1 using the latest Oculus runtime.

Please try to load "Fallout4_Stereo_x64.aqup" instead and hit "F12", a stereo image should come up. We will include more options for customized stereo setups in future.

Regards, Denis
pegnose
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by pegnose »

Hi, cool stuff!

Only I can't seem to get head tracking running properly. Fallout 4 is on auto-update, as well as the Oculus app (it says version 1.40something, currently). The only head tracking I have is roll. And that is laggy and juddery - like everything else. I have reduced details settings to low, alreay and followed the advice regarding the tweaks with the Bilago tool. What else can I do?

Oh, and another thing: the FOV settings seem not to get effective, nothing is changing. I feel like I am very close to the screen and depth is getting more or less flat. The world is only put "into perspective" once I press the zoom-out middle mouse button.

Any ideas highly appreciated!
Neil

Post by Neil »

pegnose wrote:Hi, cool stuff!

Only I can't seem to get head tracking running properly. Fallout 4 is on auto-update, as well as the Oculus app (it says version 1.40something, currently). The only head tracking I have is roll. And that is laggy and juddery - like everything else. I have reduced details settings to low, alreay and followed the advice regarding the tweaks with the Bilago tool. What else can I do?

Oh, and another thing: the FOV settings seem not to get effective, nothing is changing. I feel like I am very close to the screen and depth is getting more or less flat. The world is only put "into perspective" once I press the zoom-out middle mouse button.

Any ideas highly appreciated!

The reason you are having difficulty is because Fallout 4 had an update, and the old memory pointers are all kaput.

However, if all goes to plan, a new Alpha version is out tomorrow (Saturday) complete with HTC Vive support and room scale. More details found here:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/articles/neil-s-m ... -episode-7

Regards,
Neil
Neil

Post by Neil »

I'm going to close this thread because now we are up to Alpha 2!

Regards,
Neil

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”