Fallout 4 only launches on desktop, not in HMD

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
ARGold57
One Eyed Hopeful

Fallout 4 only launches on desktop, not in HMD

Post by ARGold57 »

Here is what I did:

Using SteamVR

1) disabled launch in theater and steam overlay in Fallout 4 properties.
2) set the game graphics settings as instructed by the perception document.
2) Copied ...vr dll from steam folder (during later troubleshooting trials, later copied all dlls from the precetption 4 bin folder which did not help)
3) Launched steamvr

Tried various things: Starting Fallout launcher from desktop icon, from within steam vr, and from steam library on desktop. Tried launching perception 64 (as administrator) before and after launcher.

a) in some cases, perception did put a green border around the fallout image in the perception dialog.

In all cases, fallout would launch to the desktop only and not to the steamvr empty stage.

Please advise
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Fallout 4 only launches on desktop, not in HMD

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi ARGold57 !

Unfortunately Fallout4 currently crashes here on my PC since one of the last updates from Bethesda. Since i'm concentrated on finishing Dx9 support for the driver i did not find time to find the reason of the crash here.

Your steps are right to launch the Fallout4 profile, are you sure that you did choose the 64bit version of "openvr_api.dll" ?? There are two subfolders in the "SteamVR" folder, one is 32bit and the other 64bit.

Regards, Denis
roberts
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Fallout 4 only launches on desktop, not in HMD

Post by roberts »

Soooooo. Skyrim Support coming soon ?

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”