Falcon 4 BMS and Vireio Perception

This forum is for the brand new Vireio Perception virtual reality drivers. History in the making!
-Ice
One Eyed Hopeful

Falcon 4 BMS and Vireio Perception

Post by -Ice »

I’m trying to get Falcon 4 BMS to work with Vireio Perception but so far, I'm at a loss how to work Vireio. I’m using a HTC Vive on an i5 6600K, GTX 980Ti, 16GB RAM, Win10. I’m using Falcon BMS 4.33.2 and GeForce driver v376.33.

I've read the manual but I must admit not much of it is making sense at the moment. So far, I've added Falcon BMS on the profiles.xml under \Perception\cfg_v4. There's reference to a VireioPerception.ini but I cannot find it anywhere. I've copied the openvr_api.dll from \Steam\steamapps\common\SteamVR\bin\win64 to my Falcon BMS .exe directory, but when I start up Perception_x64, Falcon BMS is not part of the list of games presented. Please tell me what's the next step here?

I wonder if Vireio does head tracking?

Please include Falcon BMS in the list of supported games!

Thanks in advance for any help and a Happy New Year to all!
stubboyo
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Falcon 4 BMS and Vireio Perception

Post by stubboyo »

I second the request for Falcon BMS. This is something I've been looking forward to since I got my Rift. Right now I don't think that Vireio supports DX9 games - we need to wait on the next release for them to add that back in. I'm hopeful that being able to switch between the "virtual monitor" and true 3D will make dealing with Falcon's 2D interface simpler. Right now you can use OpenTrack (https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/releases) to emulate TrackIR using the Rift. This works quite well, so Vireio isn't needed for head tracking, just for 3D injection and barrel distortion.

-Rabbit
oldgoat5
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by oldgoat5 »

Falcon 4.33 and 4.32 in 32/64 bit would both crash on Vireio Perception 3 trying tons of different settings, best bet is to wait for the new version 4 and see what happens and go from there. Debugging it made it look like a huge complicated problem. The new architecture being worked on is supposed to be a better way of doing it, but I think maybe bms' resolution swaps between the menu ui and in the cockpit might have helped mess things up when injecting. Setting the in game res to the same as the ui didn't help either.
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Guys !

Falcon 4 Benchmark Sims is definately high priority for us. Please read this thread :

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=155&t=21718

We are currently finishing Dx9 support for the v4 architecture. Last trouble is that we need to get the Dx9 surfaces to Dx11 since especially the Oculus SDK does not support Dx9.

@ -Ice:
The "VireioPerception.ini" file will be created once for every game you use with Vireio in the games executeable folder !! That is in this case the Falcon BMS .exe directory. Since Dx9 support is not finished now Dx9 games will not work. Falcon BMS does support both as much as i know. To create a full working immersive stereo profiles we soon release the tool "Aquilinus", that is a node based tool to create profiles using the Vireio plugins.

@stubboyo:
Yes, Vireio <v3 already supports Dx9. But it never supported the HTC Vive (and will not work with the latest Oculus runtime). Since -Ice has a Vive he'll need to wait until Dx9 support is finished for v4.

Regards, Denis
-Ice
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by -Ice »

EisernSchild wrote:@ -Ice:
The "VireioPerception.ini" file will be created once for every game you use with Vireio in the games executeable folder !! That is in this case the Falcon BMS .exe directory. Since Dx9 support is not finished now Dx9 games will not work. Falcon BMS does support both as much as i know. To create a full working immersive stereo profiles we soon release the tool "Aquilinus", that is a node based tool to create profiles using the Vireio plugins.
Hello Denis!

I'm glad to know that BMS is a high priority! That's awesome! I guess there's nothing I can really do now but wait until v4 is released...
dracflamloc
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dracflamloc »

Falcon BMS with a VR set would be a dream come true!
Maximus-CZ
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Maximus-CZ »

Waiting for this too:)
oldgoat5
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by oldgoat5 »

me 3

Return to “Vireio Perception 4.X”