Minecrift Discussion Thread

Drewbdoo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Minecrift Discussion Thread

Post by Drewbdoo »

Ok, so I've never played minecraft ever, but it looks like such a great experience for the rift. I got 1.5.2 and I followed the instructions to a T. However, when I go to hit test, I get this:

*** MagicMinecraftLauncher 1.1.6 ***
LCP: C:\Users\Drew\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\minecrift_49_classes.zip;C:\Users\Drew\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\SixenseJava.jar;C:\Users\Drew\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\JRift.jar;C:\Users\Drew\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\OptiFine-HD-D3-Ultra-1.5.2.zip;C:\Users\Drew\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\minecraft\bin\minecraft.jar;bin/jinput.jar;bin/lwjgl.jar;bin/lwjgl_util.jar
MainClass: net.minecraft.client.Minecraft
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/LWJGLException
at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Unknown Source)
at magic.launcher.Launcher.main(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.lwjgl.LWJGLException
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
... 5 more

I know it says to update LWJGL to the newest and I followed the link, but I have no idea where to put the files you download - I'm guessing this is my problem? Thanks

Edit: Ok, I found the instructions for which files to replace for LWJGL and that didn't fix the issue. In the launcher, jrift.jar and the sixense.jar both say "No Mods Found" next to them - don't know if that's normal or not
thenomad
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by thenomad »

I've done some initial testing on the Wii Balance Board as a control device today.

With a mod for variable turning, it's a really good control device for Minecraft - it feels natural, it's almost immediately intuitive, and even jumping works (provided you're careful).

Next, Rift and Hydra testing...
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

Okay, I had a sit down and a think, and I figured out the weird warping issue I was having. The problem was.....
Resolution. Or, to be more accurate, aspect ratio. To cut a long story short, YOU MUST SET THE DESKTOP DISPLAY RESOLUTION OF THE RIFT TO BE 1280*800 (an alternative 16:10 resolution would probably be ok too, but I haven't tested that). I believe that Minecraft's Optifine options for selecting the full screen resolution does nothing at all; I don't think it works. Minecraft was therefore rendering in 16:9 instead of 16:10, and the incorrect aspect ratio was interacting in a really unpleasant way with the warp.

So, setting the display resolution (in the desktop control panel) to 1280*800 fixed the weird rendering problem I was having. :) Hurrah!
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

:woot :woot
Pause the game when it's raining, guys. Don't ask, just do. Let me put my usual mature manner aside for one moment and for the fanboy to come out; HOLY poop, IT'S LIKE I AM FREAKING NEO. Looking around the rain while paused is AWESOME.

*cough*. Yes, well, quite delightful. The snow is amazing too. The screenshots below give a hint as to how good this is, but still don't do it justice. I need a setting in Minecraft for "precipitation 100% of the time please".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

Crash when messing around trying to get Hydra working :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

Okay, so I feel quite ill now. :( Just spent a few hours tinkering around in Minecrift to mixed success.

HYDRA:
Absolute disaster. I never achieved positional tracking that actually felt good. I had the left hydra tied to the back of my Rift (and configured as such in the menus). When I was moving forwards and backwards it would move at an angle (with base station positioned correctly). I tried to "twist" the base station to skew the tracking to be correct, and achieved something that was ok...ish... but I turned back to neck model shortly afterwards as I had had enough of weird tracking and wasn't so feeling so hot.

I also tried aiming with the hydra! Also a disaster - initially because the hydra in my hand was assigned to be position tracked hydra, and the hydra attached to my head was the one controlling the menu. Given that the mouse was now immediately disabled, I had to use the headmounted hydra for the menu, which meant un-attaching it again... to further complicate matters, when I enable the hydras the menus seem really enthusiastic about trying to appear directly behind me (or at some other inconvenient angle). Do you know how difficult it is to be sitting in a chair, trying to strain around to look at a menu directly BEHIND YOU while attempting to use a mouse or hydra controller aiming in front of you? I do. It's difficult, lol. I must have looked absolutely hilarious trying to squint behind me while waving a wand blindly over my shoulder. Not ideal!

Could the hydra positional tracking not use a similar set of calibration steps that the Rift does at the moment? After the looking, perhaps you could ask the user to "lean forwards; lean backwards; move your head to the left (while facing forwards), move your head to the right". Would that be enough for you to understand how the hydra is positioned/orientated relative to the basestation and the user's head?

MOUSE & KEYBOARD:
I have some thoughts on this, and will elaborate (I promise), but not right now; too vommy. The quick version is that I think a mouse is just ill-suited to playing games in VR to be quite honest.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

TheHolyChicken wrote:Okay, so I feel quite ill now. :( Just spent a few hours tinkering around in Minecrift to mixed success.

Welcome to my world! During testing I'm forever making myself ill...!
TheHolyChicken wrote:HYDRA:
Absolute disaster. I never achieved positional tracking that actually felt good. I had the left hydra tied to the back of my Rift (and configured as such in the menus). When I was moving forwards and backwards it would move at an angle (with base station positioned correctly). I tried to "twist" the base station to skew the tracking to be correct, and achieved something that was ok...ish... but I turned back to neck model shortly afterwards as I had had enough of weird tracking and wasn't so feeling so hot.
So you were using the back of the head tracking (under the top strap or similar)?

The trouble with pos-track via the hydra is you have to translate the position reported by the hydra to your 'centre eye' position. I.e. right between your eyes. To do that you have to offset the position data from the Hydra by the physical offset to this centre point. And THEN you have to determine the yaw, pitch and roll of the Rift to put that offset into the same reference 'frame' as the currently rendered Minecraft world.

So not only are you dependent on the offset data (entered by the user, or the defaults) being exactly correct, you also have to rely on the Rift giving good orientation data. You can rely on the roll and pitch data being good; however the yaw as we know has a tendency to drift or vary a little (even with the improved yaw correction in the latest SDK).

Basically, if any of that data is out, you get a disconnect between head movement and the pos displayed on screen. Using both the Left and Right Hydra for pos track on the left and right side of the HMD gives the best pos track fidelity in my opinion; we use the average of the two reported positions to get the centre eye pos. And because we don't have to use reported yaw, pitch and roll data to correct the offset it's just more accurate. It's just a shame you then have no Hydra to use as a controller!

Anyway, the crux of this waffle is that L&R 2 Hydra config gives the best pos track (although 1 on the side of the Rift is pretty good). Back of head (or anywhere quite some way away from your centre eye pos) is never going to be quite as good unless all the offset and orientation data is spot on. Which is hard to get right. I have never been happy with the results from the 'back-of-head' position.

That said I too have to adjust the rotation of the base station sometimes. It's quite odd and I haven't quite narrowed down why sometimes I get perfect pos-track orientation and it sticks until I quit - and other times it all goes to s**t very quickly. We need to sort that.

As a side note, I'm guessing that when the Rift gets pos track, the SDK will just report a centre eye position. Then we can dump all this additional hydra offset / orientation nonsense. :mrgreen:
TheHolyChicken wrote:I also tried aiming with the hydra! Also a disaster - initially because the hydra in my hand was assigned to be position tracked hydra, and the hydra attached to my head was the one controlling the menu. Given that the mouse was now immediately disabled, I had to use the headmounted hydra for the menu, which meant un-attaching it again... to further complicate matters, when I enable the hydras the menus seem really enthusiastic about trying to appear directly behind me (or at some other inconvenient angle). Do you know how difficult it is to be sitting in a chair, trying to strain around to look at a menu directly BEHIND YOU while attempting to use a mouse or hydra controller aiming in front of you? I do. It's difficult, lol. I must have looked absolutely hilarious trying to squint behind me while waving a wand blindly over my shoulder. Not ideal!

Could the hydra positional tracking not use a similar set of calibration steps that the Rift does at the moment? After the looking, perhaps you could ask the user to "lean forwards; lean backwards; move your head to the left (while facing forwards), move your head to the right". Would that be enough for you to understand how the hydra is positioned/orientated relative to the basestation and the user's head?
On a similar note quite a few times my wife has commented on what a loon I look like while testing this stuff... :lol:

What build are you on? The latest #50 build of 1.0 should sort out all the 'left hand is actually right hand' issues. Let me know if you still get that crash with build #50 as well (assuming you weren't using that). As to Hydra calibration, that shouldn't really be needed if the base station is setup correctly anyway. However I like the idea... I still think we're doing something else incorrectly somewhere else though.
TheHolyChicken wrote:MOUSE & KEYBOARD:
I have some thoughts on this, and will elaborate (I promise), but not right now; too vommy. The quick version is that I think a mouse is just ill-suited to playing games in VR to be quite honest.
Agreed. Too digital in movement / orientation inputs for VR.

One other thing - thanks again for your input TheHolyChicken. It is much appreciated; it's good to get some detailed test feedback! 8-)
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

TheHolyChicken wrote:Okay, I had a sit down and a think, and I figured out the weird warping issue I was having. The problem was.....
Resolution. Or, to be more accurate, aspect ratio. To cut a long story short, YOU MUST SET THE DESKTOP DISPLAY RESOLUTION OF THE RIFT TO BE 1280*800 (an alternative 16:10 resolution would probably be ok too, but I haven't tested that). I believe that Minecraft's Optifine options for selecting the full screen resolution does nothing at all; I don't think it works. Minecraft was therefore rendering in 16:9 instead of 16:10, and the incorrect aspect ratio was interacting in a really unpleasant way with the warp.

So, setting the display resolution (in the desktop control panel) to 1280*800 fixed the weird rendering problem I was having. :) Hurrah!
Good to see you fixed it! Hmmmm. Maybe we can put up some warning to the user if they're not at a 16:10 aspect ratio.
Drewbdoo

Post by Drewbdoo »

Anybody? Pretty please tell me what I'm loving up? I really want to mine rift :(
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

Drewbdoo wrote:Anybody? Pretty please tell me what I'm loving up? I really want to mine rift :(
The only thing I can assume is that LWJGL isn't installed properly, as it crashed trying to find the class org.lwjgl.LWJGLException. I can only suggest you start from scratch a clean Minecraft install (1.5.2 for now of course), and upgrade LWJGL first. Once you have that running, then start to add Forge, Optifine, Minecrift.

The 'No mods found' is a red herring and that's perfectly normal I believe.
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

StellaArtois wrote:
Drewbdoo wrote:Anybody? Pretty please tell me what I'm loving up? I really want to mine rift :(
The only thing I can assume is that LWJGL isn't installed properly, as it crashed trying to find the class org.lwjgl.LWJGLException. I can only suggest you start from scratch a clean Minecraft install (1.5.2 for now of course), and upgrade LWJGL first. Once you have that running, then start to add Forge, Optifine, Minecrift.

The 'No mods found' is a red herring and that's perfectly normal I believe.
Yea, I have that also.

@Drewdboo You could try using the link I provided in the previous page(?), where I've done all the work and packaged it up. Unfortunately I just discovered that your path actually needs to exactly mirror mine for it to work immediately (it seems MagicLauncher uses absolute paths to mods, not relative), but all you need to do is fix it is to re-apply the mods in the MagicLauncher to update their paths.
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

TheHolyChicken, that content is still going against the license of the software contained within it. You cannot redistribute
A) Mojang's unaltered property, especially the entire .minecraft folder... this allows someone to "Play Offline", which is expressly forbidden on the "One Major Rule" of Minecraft's Terms and Conditions
B) Optifine's property.
Optifine Terms and Conditions wrote:The mod OptiFine is Copyright © 2013 by sp614x and the intellectual property of the author. It may be not be reproduced under any circumstances except for personal, private use as long as it remains in its unaltered, unedited form. It may not be placed on any web site or otherwise distributed publicly without advance written permission. Use of this mod on any other website or as a part of any public display is strictly prohibited and a violation of copyright.

You should remove your .minecraft package immediately, which is unfortunate because it could make it easier for someone to get up and started with the mod. But, its more important to respect IP than for someone to save someone 2 minutes of reading a tutorial.

And I should really contact sp614x... Minecrift itself may be in violation of those terms and conditions...
Drewbdoo

Post by Drewbdoo »

Snagged it before you take it down :-p

And thanks THC, yours is finally making it work!

So, now my big problem is this - I have the left hydra strapped to the left side of the rift and I boot up a game. I don't seem to notice if it has positional going on because when I look to me left, it starts spinning me fast to the right and vice versa if I look to the right too far it starts spinning me left. The right hydra controls seem to work otherwise. Any ideas on what causes this problem?

Edit: Positional tracking DOES work, but there is some funky rotation thing going on. I can look or rotated my body in meatspace at a certain angle and past that on either side, I'm just spinning around. If I turn off the hydra for controls and keep it just as positional and switch the aiming controls to the mouse, it works fine.
Last edited by Drewbdoo on Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

Turn off the Controller Option "Keyhole rotates with head". I think I'll default that one to off; thought it might work, but it really doesn't. (for me).
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

To elaborate on the Minecraft mouse & keyboard critique I mentioned earlier. This is isn't necessarily specific to Minecraft, and is also just my opinion.

Turning vs Aiming

It took me a little bit of time to realise, but I believe there is a conflict of two opposing mechanics fighting over dominance. Essentially, we're trying to shoehorn two very different control mechanics into the mouse.

I want to do all my own headtracking; I find anything turning my head but my head to be unpleasant. This is obviously unavoidable if playing seated in a fixed position, which is a "player scheme" you want to support. So, if I AM going to be turning my head using [not my head], I want it to be accurate, predictable and consistent. I believe this to be very important for comfort. For this reason, I prefer to turn OFF the keyhole, so that horizontal mouse movement immediately turns my head. It's reliable and consistent.

However..... this conflicts with our desire to engage with the world. We want to look around freely at our environment, while independently placing blocks, items, and mining using a cursor. Eg instead of having to look straight up to bash down a tree, we want to aim our cursor there instead. For this I prefer the keyhole to be at the maximum value possible, so that my cursor continues what it was doing (mining/chopping) regardless of where I look, allowing greatest freedom.

These two mechanics are not easy to do simultaneously with a mouse (but perhaps we could get inventive?); if I want the reassuring predictability of turning without keyhole, I must suffer the restrictiveness that comes with using your head to aim at absolutely everything. If I want the nice keyhole cursor, I must endure the unpredictability of when the mouse is going to hit the edge of the keyhole and begin turning my head. And that, I believe, is why I want to vom.

Suggestions:

Might a toggle work? I'd like to perhaps hold down a button to signify when - and only when - mouse movement will offset my yaw. This would allow me to aim freely with the cursor to mine/chop/attack, and control precisely when my headtracking is compromised.

(I'll leave this bit for you guys to debate, I g2g for now!)
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

mabrowning wrote:TheHolyChicken, that content is still going against the license of the software contained within it. You cannot redistribute
A) Mojang's unaltered property, especially the entire .minecraft folder... this allows someone to "Play Offline", which is expressly forbidden on the "One Major Rule" of Minecraft's Terms and Conditions
B) Optifine's property.

[more stuff]
Yea ok I'll take it down as soon as I get home.
Drewbdoo

Post by Drewbdoo »

mabrowning wrote:Turn off the Controller Option "Keyhole rotates with head". I think I'll default that one to off; thought it might work, but it really doesn't. (for me).

I think that was the setting I finally got around to, but I did eventually get it to work and just got back from my first successful minecrift experience. All the way from start new game to night time to my inevitable death at the hands of a spider (did I mention I've never played minecraft?) I kinda consider this my first real vr experience because I haven't done anything else with convincing positional tracking. Crouching and looking around things is absolutely wild. Thanks stella (awesome name, btw. I go to a pub trivia every monday and our whole table wins with the power of stella artois) and mabrowning and thc and everyone else for helping bring this about.

Now I just need to figure out how to play minecraft because, at the moment
Drewbdoo

Post by Drewbdoo »

TheHolyChicken wrote: Suggestions:

Might a toggle work? I'd like to perhaps hold down a button to signify when - and only when - mouse movement will offset my yaw. This would allow me to aim freely with the cursor to mine/chop/attack, and control precisely when my headtracking is compromised.
Kind of like the racheting function of the hydra?

Along those same lines, I think it is interesting that, when I use my hydra for tf2, I have no problems whatsoever with the keyhole mechanics. In half life 2, I found I was racheting all the time and it drove me mental. I think it might have something to do with the pace and the fact that I am exploring more with my head. I still don't fully understand why I like the mouse and keyboard for hl2, but the hydra for tf2 - both with the same config and viewmode 3
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

Drewbdoo wrote:
TheHolyChicken wrote: Suggestions:

Kind of like the racheting function of the hydra?
Yea, like that! That way you can have precise, predictable control over your turning, and when the button is released, you can move the cursor around the screen safe in the knowledge that you'll never accidentally turn if you get too near the edge! Afterall, you never want to do both simultaneously.
Along those same lines, I think it is interesting that, when I use my hydra for tf2, I have no problems whatsoever with the keyhole mechanics. In half life 2, I found I was racheting all the time and it drove me mental. I think it might have something to do with the pace and the fact that I am exploring more with my head. I still don't fully understand why I like the mouse and keyboard for hl2, but the hydra for tf2 - both with the same config and viewmode 3
I need to do more experimenting with HL/TF2, definitely. Personally, as I move out of the demos/mini-experiences and into the "real" games, I find it plain unpleasant to have anything interfere with my headtracking - so if the interference is unavoidable, I want perfect control over it.
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

That seems like a perfectly reasonable suggestion. When I get back into features (currently porting to 1.6.2 and writing an installer), I'll add this as another hydra control option.
yoshithedog
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by yoshithedog »

TheHolyChicken wrote: I'd like to perhaps hold down a button to signify when - and only when - mouse movement will offset my yaw. This would allow me to aim freely with the cursor to mine/chop/attack, and control precisely when my headtracking is compromised.
I would like it too, but the other way around - that when you hold Shift or Alt, you go to "decoupled" mode - just like in Arma 2 or Hotline Miami.
That would be great.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

yoshithedog wrote:
TheHolyChicken wrote: I'd like to perhaps hold down a button to signify when - and only when - mouse movement will offset my yaw. This would allow me to aim freely with the cursor to mine/chop/attack, and control precisely when my headtracking is compromised.
I would like it too, but the other way around - that when you hold Shift or Alt, you go to "decoupled" mode - just like in Arma 2 or Hotline Miami.
That would be great.
I think I'd come to the same conclusion a few days ago! Ok, so we're agreed; a toggle is the way to go. Configurable so that either on or off is freelook only.
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

It begins....
2013-07-16_01.20.25.png
dpmcalli
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dpmcalli »

mabrowning wrote:It begins....
2013-07-16_01.20.25.png

:woot So what version on optifine/minecrift did you use to get this working?
AdaQmmm
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AdaQmmm »

Finally got my rift!
Now in Minecrift, the calibrating Oculus Rift is not disappearing. the 3D and sense of immersion is beyond amazing, i just can't get rid of that writing :\
Any tips?
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

dpmcalli wrote:
mabrowning wrote:It begins....
2013-07-16_01.20.25.png

:woot So what version on optifine/minecrift did you use to get this working?
The post HERE contains installation instructions; be careful to follow the steps EXACTLY.
Dakor

Post by Dakor »

AdaQmmm wrote:Finally got my rift!
Now in Minecrift, the calibrating Oculus Rift is not disappearing. the 3D and sense of immersion is beyond amazing, i just can't get rid of that writing :\
Any tips?
Download the current Version form the Release Thread or here (do not download the attachments in the release post they mixed up some versions.)

@THC: I think the Screenshot is from 1.6.2 :D
German blogger, enthusiast and developer.
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

Dakor wrote:@THC: I think the Screenshot is from 1.6.2 :D
Ah ok, my bad if that's what he was inquiring about. No 1.6.2 build yet AFAIK (at time of writing) ;)
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

dpmcalli wrote: :woot So what version on optifine/minecrift did you use to get this working?
The version I wrote last night! Its completely buggy right now. I was surprised the menu worked.

Soon, though. I've got a few more hours to work on it tonight. There will be an installer. Maybe not at first, but there will be one.
dpmcalli
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dpmcalli »

mabrowning wrote:
dpmcalli wrote: :woot So what version on optifine/minecrift did you use to get this working?
The version I wrote last night! Its completely buggy right now. I was surprised the menu worked.

Soon, though. I've got a few more hours to work on it tonight. There will be an installer. Maybe not at first, but there will be one.
Very exciting! Keep up the great work! :D
Shuhari00
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shuhari00 »

So I'll have an oculus rift in a little while... ! The game I play the most right now is Feed the Beast 1.5.2.

I noticed that Minecrift has some sort of Forge compatibility notes in the github... and the author said he was able to start it up no problems.

I meagerly attempted to throw the mods together and give it a go with no luck. I'm wondering if anybody else here has... and can comment on how to get Forge working w/ either MultiMC, Magic Launcher, or some other method to go along side of the Rift.

Super anxious!
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

Shuhari00 wrote:So I'll have an oculus rift in a little while... ! The game I play the most right now is Feed the Beast 1.5.2.

I noticed that Minecrift has some sort of Forge compatibility notes in the github... and the author said he was able to start it up no problems.

I meagerly attempted to throw the mods together and give it a go with no luck. I'm wondering if anybody else here has... and can comment on how to get Forge working w/ either MultiMC, Magic Launcher, or some other method to go along side of the Rift.

Super anxious!
Yep, I've gotten it working.

I had to use the MagicLauncher, as the FTB launcher didn't let me reorder the jarmods.

I posted a fairly detailed howto earlier in the thread for 1.4.7. The same should apply with 1.5.2, just use the latest build of that from the jenkins site.
mabrowning wrote: ust got done "playing" about an hour on a FTB 1.4.7 server with some friends.

You're going to need a beast of a machine to do this. I was topping out at ~50fps. There can probably be some rendering optimizations, but with so many individual mods trying to render stuff, that's going to be tricky.

You can download a test build here. I had terrible time getting FTB launcher to load minecrift after forge and optifine, so I was using the MagicLauncher.

I configured it as the following:
minecaft.jar: unmodified 1.4.7.jar
Advanced:
- Base Folder: ~/.ftb/Ultimate/.minecraft/ (on Linux, symlinked to ~/.ftb/Ultimate/minecraft; (Note .minecraft vs minecraft) you could probably just rename/copy it on windows; Also, it may be %APPDATA%/.ftb/ Not sure where the FTB launcher stores mods on Windows)
Mods: (all from the FTB instMods folder in the above mentioned directory)
- liteloader.zip
- MinecraftForge.zip (not sure what version; it reports "not compatible", but it seems to run fine)
- Optifine_1.4.6_HD_U_D5.zip (from here)
- JRift.jar (as usual)
- SixenseJava.jar (as usual)
- minecrift_1.0_beta_1.4.7_classes.zip from the Jenkins build #1 of minecrift-1.4.7

Then, it picked up all the Forge mods from ~/.ftb/Ultimate/.minecraft/mods and away I went!
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

Alright, quick status update. Just got done playing about ~30 minutes in 1.6.2. Still some same issues as 1.5.2, but nothing new I noticed.

I need to work out the build scripts/build server, but otherwise we should be having a 1.6.2 drop here later tonight.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

mabrowning's done a great job on the code merge... :D
2013-07-17_07.46.14.png
2013-07-17_07.46.46.png
Dakor

Post by Dakor »

Yay, I can't wait for it!

Just wondering: Will horses Spawn in my current World or do I have to create a new one?
I'd would be a pity to loose my current progress. :(
German blogger, enthusiast and developer.
dpmcalli
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dpmcalli »

You have to generate new chunks. So you can keep your old world but have to generate new areas for horses to spawn.
Jademalo

Post by Jademalo »

Haha, that looks fantastic!

I'm getting insanely impatient for my rift now, I swear everyone after me already has theirs... 479xx, hopefully this week I get the processing notification...
NeoCortex
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeoCortex »

Hi, just gave minecrift 54 a quick try using 64bit Java & Win7.
Even downloaded a nightly build of the lwjgl 2.9.1 and tried to reproduce those missing library paths
(which made that error go away but still used 2.9.0)
The crash remained the same.
Also tried adding JRift from 1.5.2, various memory settings... no luck
Maybe i am just a little too impatient ;-)
cu,
Neo

*** Starting Minecraft ***
Profile: Minecrift1.6.2
Environment: 1.6.2
Minecraft version: 1.6.2
Minecraft.jar: 1.6.2.jar
Mods:
minecrift_54_classes.zip
Show log: true
Java path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\java
Memory: 312 MB
LauncherPath: /C:/mc/MagicLauncher_1.1.6.exe
Library file not found: C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\libraries\org\lwjgl\lwjgl\lwjgl-platform\2.9.1-nightly-20130708-debug3\lwjgl-platform-2.9.1-nightly-20130708-debug3-natives-windows.jar
Main class: net.minecraft.client.main.Main
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: IWrUpdater
at ats.O(Minecraft.java:302)
at ats.d(Minecraft.java:777)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: IWrUpdater
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- Head --
Stacktrace:
at ats.O(Minecraft.java:302)

-- Initialization --
Details:
Stacktrace:
at ats.d(Minecraft.java:777)
at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

-- System Details --
Details:
Minecraft Version: 1.6.2
Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
Java Version: 1.7.0_25, Oracle Corporation
Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
Memory: 261044288 bytes (248 MB) / 313524224 bytes (299 MB) up to 313524224 bytes (299 MB)
JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms312m -Xmx312m
AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
Suspicious classes: [com.mtbs3d.minecrift.VRRenderer], [com.mtbs3d.minecrift.api.IBasePlugin], [com.mtbs3d.minecrift.gui.BaseGuiSettings, GuiMinecriftSettings]
IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
Launched Version: 1.6.2
LWJGL: 2.9.0
OpenGL: ~~ERROR~~ RuntimeException: No OpenGL context found in the current thread.
Is Modded: Very likely; Jar signature invalidated
Type: Client (map_client.txt)
Resource Pack: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Current Language: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null
rowanunderwood
Cross Eyed!

Post by rowanunderwood »

Jademalo wrote:Haha, that looks fantastic!

I'm getting insanely impatient for my rift now, I swear everyone after me already has theirs... 479xx, hopefully this week I get the processing notification...
I won't tell you I got two rifts now then :p That would be just mean. On the brighter side, when yours finally arrives, you will be able to have Minecrift as your first Rift experience, and have something to do other that pile up books and throw balls at them :)
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

NeoCortex, it requires Optifine 1.6.2 HD U B1,2or3. But there will likely be library loading issues; we're revamping how that works.

Return to “Minecrift”