Minecrift Discussion Thread

StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Minecrift Discussion Thread

Post by StellaArtois »

NikoKun wrote:I just got a replacement DK2 (my first one bricked from the 2.12 firmware update lol) And I'm not sure if the DK2's screen is bad or if this is a bug with Minecrift.. But I'm noticing that when I go into dark caves, that the screen is very noticeably darker in my right eye.. :(

It's only a problem in dark caves, I don't notice any brightness issues anywhere else.. Like the darkness is just heavier in the right eye. And I don't really notice it in other games, at least no where near as badly if it is there.
Get this in mine too. I'm hoping once Oculus implement the Overbright fix in OpenGL this will go away.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

cegli wrote:Try cycling through all of the shaders once. That fixes a lighting bug for me. All the shaders only show up in your right eye, so close one eye while doing it or your brain will hurt!
Wish I could reproduce the lighting bug.

The shader in one eye is fixed next release.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

Axulus wrote:I just tried the pre-release 4 - the freezing problem is fixed on my system, but now I'm getting a weird graphics effect - I see red and blue everywhere. It sort of looks like chromatic aberration but it's not. The best way to describe it is that it is like looking at something meant for those old style red and blue 3-D glasses :anaglyph - Any way to fix this?
Sounds like 3d anaglyph mode is on. Turn it off in the video settings. 8-)
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

twmclark wrote:Works great but i cant seem to get and kind of head tracking to work. Any ideas?
1. Make sure you've installed the Oculus 0.4.2 runtime.
2. Make sure you're on the latest firmware for the DK2
3. Be sure to reboot your machine instead of resuming from sleep with the current SDK
4. Make sure you don't have Hydra selected for positional tracking, head tracking or the look/aim controller in the VR Settings. If you have, change to Oculus, mouse or controller, then quit out and reload Minecrift.
NikoKun
Cross Eyed!

Post by NikoKun »

StellaArtois wrote:
NikoKun wrote:I just got a replacement DK2 (my first one bricked from the 2.12 firmware update lol) And I'm not sure if the DK2's screen is bad or if this is a bug with Minecrift.. But I'm noticing that when I go into dark caves, that the screen is very noticeably darker in my right eye.. :(

It's only a problem in dark caves, I don't notice any brightness issues anywhere else.. Like the darkness is just heavier in the right eye. And I don't really notice it in other games, at least no where near as badly if it is there.
Get this in mine too. I'm hoping once Oculus implement the Overbright fix in OpenGL this will go away.
Actually, it was pretty bad in the one I had. Any game that had dark lighting conditions, like the caves in minecraft, dreadhalls, the spirited away demo, and whatever else. It was literally like having a sunglass lens over that eye. And it only showed up in dark games, so it was really hard to prove. lol

Thankfully Oculus support eventually sent me a new one, and it's perfect, it doesn't have any brightness problems at all, that I can tell. :D
CaptnYesterday
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CaptnYesterday »

Just tried the 0.4.2 DK2 release with all default settings. Holy-hell-AWESOME. Such a smooth experience.

Is the massive performance boost from 1.7 or the new minecrift build?
Testing with: ATI 7970, 8GB 1600 ram, Core i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Java 7 x64. For science... you monster.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

NikoKun wrote:
StellaArtois wrote:

Actually, it was pretty bad in the one I had. Any game that had dark lighting conditions, like the caves in minecraft, dreadhalls, the spirited away demo, and whatever else. It was literally like having a sunglass lens over that eye. And it only showed up in dark games, so it was really hard to prove. lol

Thankfully Oculus support eventually sent me a new one, and it's perfect, it doesn't have any brightness problems at all, that I can tell. :D
Oh, new DK2's are fixed? Interesting!
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

CaptnYesterday wrote:Just tried the 0.4.2 DK2 release with all default settings. Holy-hell-AWESOME. Such a smooth experience.

Is the massive performance boost from 1.7 or the new minecrift build?
Combination of Minecrift, Oculus SDK and 1.7! 8-)

Just as a quick progress update, Pre5 will support Direct Mode - but I may wait for SDK 0.4.4 to see if it fixes a couple of issues regarding mirrored window size causing warping in Rift. Also should have a passable VR Comfort mode implementation...
metsudo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by metsudo »

Firstly, thanks so much for all the hard work you've done on this mod. This is by far both mine and my daughter's favourite Oculus experience so far.

I have a couple of questions though...

I'm using 1.7.10 PRE4 and so far it's mostly been working great however when using a (wireless) XBox360 controller is there any way to navigate through the tabs or scroll up and down when in the creative inventory GUI ? I've had no issues on survival but creative is practically unusable with a gamepad without this ability. I should note that inventory GUI navigation itself works fine (defaulted to d-pad), you just can't move the cursor up to the tabs or over to the scroll bar to use them.

Also, my daughter and I like to play Minecraft together; without the Rift we play using Forge and the Joypad/Splitscreen mod (half the screen each), one on keyboard & mouse and the other with a gamepad. I wanted to try and replicate this setup with Minecrift and it seems to largely work: one of us with Oculus and the gamepad using Minecrift and the other launching a vanilla Minecraft and using keyboard and mouse on the monitor / TV. The only issue I've found is that when the Minecrift player with the gamepad opens the menu or inventory and starts to navigate around with the d-pad, this causes the keyboard & mouse player on the main monitor to spin around. I'm assuming this is due to Minecrift emulating some kind of mouse movement and the vanilla Minecraft then picking that up as it's technically the active window ? Is there any way around this ? For example can the GUI on minecrift be navigated using the headtracking of the Rift at all to avoid the other window catching it ?

Well done again on such a good job. I look forward to seeing where this project goes from here.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

metsudo wrote:Firstly, thanks so much for all the hard work you've done on this mod. This is by far both mine and my daughter's favourite Oculus experience so far.

I have a couple of questions though...

I'm using 1.7.10 PRE4 and so far it's mostly been working great however when using a (wireless) XBox360 controller is there any way to navigate through the tabs or scroll up and down when in the creative inventory GUI ? I've had no issues on survival but creative is practically unusable with a gamepad without this ability. I should note that inventory GUI navigation itself works fine (defaulted to d-pad), you just can't move the cursor up to the tabs or over to the scroll bar to use them.

Also, my daughter and I like to play Minecraft together; without the Rift we play using Forge and the Joypad/Splitscreen mod (half the screen each), one on keyboard & mouse and the other with a gamepad. I wanted to try and replicate this setup with Minecrift and it seems to largely work: one of us with Oculus and the gamepad using Minecrift and the other launching a vanilla Minecraft and using keyboard and mouse on the monitor / TV. The only issue I've found is that when the Minecrift player with the gamepad opens the menu or inventory and starts to navigate around with the d-pad, this causes the keyboard & mouse player on the main monitor to spin around. I'm assuming this is due to Minecrift emulating some kind of mouse movement and the vanilla Minecraft then picking that up as it's technically the active window ? Is there any way around this ? For example can the GUI on minecrift be navigated using the headtracking of the Rift at all to avoid the other window catching it ?

Well done again on such a good job. I look forward to seeing where this project goes from here.
Always a pleasure!

Ok, controller navigation needed for creative mode inventory. Noted, thanks. Not sure how I missed that one. Too much developing and not enough playing the game to be honest!

Regarding the second point - hmmm. As you suggest, the controller does indeed emulate mouse movement, and hacks the values reported from the Mouse as reported by LWJGL. Sounds like LWJGL uses the same Mouse instance for both Minecrift and the second instance of vanilla Minecraft (makes sense to be honest). Not sure what can be *easily* done for that one. Head track for menu cursor would still need some of emulated mouse click or movement possibly. I'll look to see if anything is easily hackable for this, but I can't really promise anything really I'm afraid.
FeepingCreature
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by FeepingCreature »

Hi,

any chance of getting decoupled cursor and head movement in the next release? It's the main thing holding me back from using Minecrift. I just can't get used to moving the cursor with my head.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

Tank mode has been in for quite some time...

Options->vr settings->look-aim settings->decouple look move

Edit: Monday here, I'm a bit slow. Also keyhole settings are available in the same page.
metsudo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by metsudo »

StellaArtois wrote:Always a pleasure!

Ok, controller navigation needed for creative mode inventory. Noted, thanks. Not sure how I missed that one. Too much developing and not enough playing the game to be honest!

Regarding the second point - hmmm. As you suggest, the controller does indeed emulate mouse movement, and hacks the values reported from the Mouse as reported by LWJGL. Sounds like LWJGL uses the same Mouse instance for both Minecrift and the second instance of vanilla Minecraft (makes sense to be honest). Not sure what can be *easily* done for that one. Head track for menu cursor would still need some of emulated mouse click or movement possibly. I'll look to see if anything is easily hackable for this, but I can't really promise anything really I'm afraid.
Aah yes, all work and no play makes Jack a burnt out developer. Or something like that.

Hey, no worries, honestly I'm just happy we can play together this way at all. We can work around any little oddities ! I will say though that the Joypad / Splitscreen forge mod manages it somehow with a virtual cursor, the analog stick moves it freely like a mouse rather than snapping to menu items. Now I have no idea what magic they're using however there is a github link on their website, perhaps that might give some insight ? I've linked both below in case you want to have a look...

http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... n-over-74k
https://github.com/ljsimin/MinecraftJoy ... tscreenMod

All the best !
FeepingCreature
One Eyed Hopeful

Yeah, but Keyhole mode is not exactly what I mean.

I want the mouse to fully control the body, and the camera in the horizontal. And I want the head to move freely. I just don't want the head to move the cursor.

As far as I know, this is not achievable with the settings as they stand.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

metsudo wrote:

Aah yes, all work and no play makes Jack a burnt out developer. Or something like that.

Hey, no worries, honestly I'm just happy we can play together this way at all. We can work around any little oddities ! I will say though that the Joypad / Splitscreen forge mod manages it somehow with a virtual cursor, the analog stick moves it freely like a mouse rather than snapping to menu items. Now I have no idea what magic they're using however there is a github link on their website, perhaps that might give some insight ? I've linked both below in case you want to have a look...

All the best !
To be honest, moving the cursor (via controller) like a mouse may be the way to go anyway for the menus (or at least should be an option). Does that seem more natural / fluid than the current D-pad navigation to you? I'd guess so.

I'll have a look through the MinecraftJoypadSplitscreenMod and see if I can draw any lessons from it.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

FeepingCreature wrote:Yeah, but Keyhole mode is not exactly what I mean.

I want the mouse to fully control the body, and the camera in the horizontal. And I want the head to move freely. I just don't want the head to move the cursor.

Just to check I'm understanding this correctly (I'm assuming this is mouse control specific) - you want:

Mouse controls pitch and yaw as usual. But when moving your head, the cursor will stay still in your view within the keyhole, instead of staying still in the world (and moving across your view but within the keyhole constraints). So cursor movement is head relative, not body / world relative.

Have I got that right? If so, Pre5 (not yet released - soonTM) already has an option for this now.

EDIT: Added keyhole specifics!
FeepingCreature
One Eyed Hopeful

StellaArtois wrote:

Just to check I'm understanding this correctly (I'm assuming this is mouse control specific) - you want:

Mouse controls pitch and yaw as usual. But when moving your head, the cursor will stay still in your view within the keyhole, instead of staying still in the world (and moving across your view but within the keyhole constraints). So cursor movement is head relative, not body / world relative.

Have I got that right? If so, Pre5 (not yet released - soonTM) already has an option for this now.

Ah! Sorry! I remember now what the problem was. I believe I misspoke there.

Okay. So this is what I want: mouse controls cursor. Cursor controls body orientation. Think of the cursor as attached to your body/arm, and the head is attached to your body. So mouse turns cursor turns arm/body horizontally, turns arm vertically, head rotates with body, but head also has its own independent horizontal and vertical orientation in addition to the body's orientation - and the head's orientation is driven solely by the Rift.

Basically, think of the cursor as totally unaffiliated with the head, except in that the head turns when the body turns. So cursor drives body/tool orientation, and head transform = body transform (but only horizontal?) * rift transform, where rift transform has no effect on the cursor whatsoever.

I think that's right. I'm pretty sure Half-Life 2 VR has a mode like that, 4 or 5?

Again, major thanks for listening and also sorry if this is already possible, or if it's overly specific. The basis is that I've been doing first-person games for a while, and this is basically "first-person controls plus also you can look around freely, and the cursor is decoupled from the head". Usually in 3D games, the cursor controls the tool/weapon and the head follows the tool and the body horizontally follows the head. With this mode, the cursor controls the tool/weapon and the body (horizontally) follows the tool and the head follows the body but also has its own two degrees of rotation. Basically, the mouse controls everything below the neck.

The one big problem with it is that the cursor moves vertically but not horizontally (because horizontal cursor movement moves your whole body, whereas vertical movement only moves your tool/arm). So the two axes are handled differently, which can feel janky. I don't know what the right solution to that is, but barring a direct mind interface this is nonetheless the most natural-feeling mode I know. Maybe if I had a controller with two pads, I could put arm positioning on one pad and body turn/move on the other. Alas.
KatoNamus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by KatoNamus »

As a new DK2 owner and moderately fanatical Minecraft player I'd just like to extend my gratitude towards everyone putting so much time & effort into Minecrift. Thank you. Very much.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

FeepingCreature wrote:
StellaArtois wrote:

Ah! Sorry! I remember now what the problem was. I believe I misspoke there.

Okay. So this is what I want: mouse controls cursor. Cursor controls body orientation. Think of the cursor as attached to your body/arm, and the head is attached to your body. So mouse turns cursor turns arm/body horizontally, turns arm vertically, head rotates with body, but head also has its own independent horizontal and vertical orientation in addition to the body's orientation - and the head's orientation is driven solely by the Rift.

Basically, think of the cursor as totally unaffiliated with the head, except in that the head turns when the body turns. So cursor drives body/tool orientation, and head transform = body transform (but only horizontal?) * rift transform, where rift transform has no effect on the cursor whatsoever.

I think that's right. I'm pretty sure Half-Life 2 VR has a mode like that, 4 or 5?

Again, major thanks for listening and also sorry if this is already possible, or if it's overly specific. The basis is that I've been doing first-person games for a while, and this is basically "first-person controls plus also you can look around freely, and the cursor is decoupled from the head". Usually in 3D games, the cursor controls the tool/weapon and the head follows the tool and the body horizontally follows the head. With this mode, the cursor controls the tool/weapon and the body (horizontally) follows the tool and the head follows the body but also has its own two degrees of rotation. Basically, the mouse controls everything below the neck.

The one big problem with it is that the cursor moves vertically but not horizontally (because horizontal cursor movement moves your whole body, whereas vertical movement only moves your tool/arm). So the two axes are handled differently, which can feel janky. I don't know what the right solution to that is, but barring a direct mind interface this is nonetheless the most natural-feeling mode I know. Maybe if I had a controller with two pads, I could put arm positioning on one pad and body turn/move on the other. Alas.
Ok, this option should be in Pre5. Mouse aim mode of 'loose', 'cursor relative to body'. Let me know if it doesn't work as planned (when Pre5 is out obviously - soon).
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

StellaArtois wrote:
metsudo wrote:

All the best !
To be honest, moving the cursor (via controller) like a mouse may be the way to go anyway for the menus (or at least should be an option). Does that seem more natural / fluid than the current D-pad navigation to you? I'd guess so.

I'll have a look through the MinecraftJoypadSplitscreenMod and see if I can draw any lessons from it.
For Pre5 I've added gui cursor up/down and left/right mappings, so you should be able to map those to a thumbstick to control the mouse cursor. This should allow you to navigate through all of the tabs and use the scroll bars on the creative inventory.

I've also removed calls that directly modify the mouse cursor position, and done this another way. I'm hoping this will stop the Mouse weirdness in the second instance of Minecraft. Let me know how it goes (Pre5 will be out soon).
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

KatoNamus wrote:As a new DK2 owner and moderately fanatical Minecraft player I'd just like to extend my gratitude towards everyone putting so much time & effort into Minecrift. Thank you. Very much.
Always a pleasure!
FeepingCreature
One Eyed Hopeful

StellaArtois wrote: Ok, this option should be in Pre5. Mouse aim mode of 'loose', 'cursor relative to body'. Let me know if it doesn't work as planned (when Pre5 is out obviously - soon).
Wow, thanks a lot! This is really great. Any chance you could push it to Github, so I can test it?
foxtrotwhiskey9
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by foxtrotwhiskey9 »

Hello! I have a DK1 and am trying to run Minecrift on a Mac. I'm using v1.6.4 and after a bit of fiddling I can get everything to work except head tracking. I've tried messing the with the settings a bunch to no avail. Is there something I'm missing with this? Any way I can debug this issue? Will the new version be released for the Mac soon? Thanks for making this!
CaptnYesterday
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CaptnYesterday »

Stella!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey just brought 2 friends to my Amazon AWS free (for 1 year) micro server. (it's pure, uncut awesome btw). Vanilla is still perfect for teaching people how to play.

Anyway, I know you are working on pre 5 for the DK2 and wanted to let you know that maps do not show in-hand on pre 4. I used to just change the player view to the Hand setting and could see the map, it does not seem to be working anymore. Can you fix this? (Or tell me what we are doing wrong?)

Thanks!

Edit: Hate to ask, but any ETA on pre 5 or 1.8? And is there anything we, your faithful testers, can do to help?
Testing with: ATI 7970, 8GB 1600 ram, Core i7 4770K 3.5Ghz, Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Java 7 x64. For science... you monster.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

foxtrotwhiskey9 wrote:Hello! I have a DK1 and am trying to run Minecrift on a Mac. I'm using v1.6.4 and after a bit of fiddling I can get everything to work except head tracking. I've tried messing the with the settings a bunch to no avail. Is there something I'm missing with this? Any way I can debug this issue? Will the new version be released for the Mac soon? Thanks for making this!
1.6.4 was built on the old 0.2 SDK, so it won't work with the new 0.4 runtimes. I personally have no plans to back port to 1.6.4 currently; however Minecrift is open source so maybe somebody else will take on that challenge!

The new version out very soon won't support the Mac; however that's next on my hit list once I get 1.7.10 Pre5 out the door!
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

CaptnYesterday wrote:Stella!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey just brought 2 friends to my Amazon AWS free (for 1 year) micro server. (it's pure, uncut awesome btw). Vanilla is still perfect for teaching people how to play.

Anyway, I know you are working on pre 5 for the DK2 and wanted to let you know that maps do not show in-hand on pre 4. I used to just change the player view to the Hand setting and could see the map, it does not seem to be working anymore. Can you fix this? (Or tell me what we are doing wrong?)

Thanks!

Edit: Hate to ask, but any ETA on pre 5 or 1.8? And is there anything we, your faithful testers, can do to help?
Captn! :-)

Pre5 has hand rendering re-implemented. It wasn't in Pre4, so it's not your fault!

ETA on 1.8 - a while. ETA on 1.7.10 Pre5 - Very soon. When Pre5 does drop, it would be great if you could give the controller settings a thorough workout - I've tried to unify the code between mouse and controller somewhat, so I may (as usual) have broken things...!
CaptnYesterday
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CaptnYesterday »

StellaArtois wrote:
Captn! :-)

Pre5 has hand rendering re-implemented. It wasn't in Pre4, so it's not your fault!

ETA on 1.8 - a while. ETA on 1.7.10 Pre5 - Very soon. When Pre5 does drop, it would be great if you could give the controller settings a thorough workout - I've tried to unify the code between mouse and controller somewhat, so I may (as usual) have broken things...!
You know, I've been looking for a reason to give my 360 Controller a go with Minecraft. I'd be happy to test this. Is this going to be support for the controller directly or a map-key-to-controller?

(Got a great new tester on the Nvidia side of things now. I got him addicted to MC just recently and we will enjoy testing out pre 5 for ya)
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

FeepingCreature wrote:
StellaArtois wrote: Ok, this option should be in Pre5. Mouse aim mode of 'loose', 'cursor relative to body'. Let me know if it doesn't work as planned (when Pre5 is out obviously - soon).
Wow, thanks a lot! This is really great. Any chance you could push it to Github, so I can test it?
A bit late sorry, release Pre5 is out. But the github 1.7.10 branch is updated now.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

rowanunderwood
Cross Eyed!

Post by rowanunderwood »

Didn't even know a 1.8 was in the works :) Thanks!
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

rowanunderwood wrote:
Didn't even know a 1.8 was in the works :) Thanks!
Didn't want to raise expectations! But the port was *relatively* easy compared to 1.7.10 (although there are still a couple of issues to iron out).
agamer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by agamer »

Just wanted share that in direct HMD mode, running 4.3 runtime on nvidia 780, Minecraft 1.8, Minecrift 1.8pre1, I have to disable vsync in driver to get rid of judder. This may or may not be of help to folks. Also can't seem to shake the vsync tear when enabled and in extended mode with vsync forced on or off, but will keep tinkering til I get it right. Maybe should I switch to 1.7.1.0 and pickup pre5?

But much praise for Minecrift! It is the first experience I've had in the rift that triggered a response in my sympathetic nervous system. It actually kicked me into flight mode and my heart was racing the first hardcore run I had from the mobs. I haven't had a almost-pooed-my-pants experience in a game since I can remember. So, thanks for that!

The interface adjustments for the rift are second to none. I've played demos and games since doom3 in dk1 early days and even tried my hand at some development work and wow the keyhole features together with the aim control options as well as the world scaling options work wonderfully and gui scaling which may be a function of minecraft, but still all these adjustments lead me to an awesome experience. I wish skyrim had those options as easily but alas, it takes tons more work and dizzying headaches to get that running, much less running well. Kudos to mabrowning and StellaArtois! Yet another great result of MTBS community at work!

:woot
CaptnYesterday
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by CaptnYesterday »

First off, Stella....Pre 5 and 1.8 simultaneously!?!? Thats pretty awesome. Pretty f-ing awesome.

Testing Pre 5 and my friends and I cannot seem to get it to go into full screen mode. This brings lots of judder to the experience and makes it unplayable.

Here is my setup and what I have tried:
I have the rift set to the main display in extended mode (I, like many, set things up so that I turn on the rift just before running a VR app. So extended is simple for me.)

I have tried F11 and setting full screen in the options but was unable to get it working yet. Any suggestions?
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

CaptnYesterday wrote:First off, Stella....Pre 5 and 1.8 simultaneously!?!? Thats pretty awesome. Pretty f-ing awesome.

Testing Pre 5 and my friends and I cannot seem to get it to go into full screen mode. This brings lots of judder to the experience and makes it unplayable.

Here is my setup and what I have tried:
I have the rift set to the main display in extended mode (I, like many, set things up so that I turn on the rift just before running a VR app. So extended is simple for me.)

I have tried F11 and setting full screen in the options but was unable to get it working yet. Any suggestions?
I was keeping busy ;-)

For Direct Mode support (and when Direct mode is enabled in the Oculus Runtime), I had to disable Fullscreen mode. However, it looks like I've gone a little too far and occidentally disabled it in Extended mode as well. I'll look into that - it'll probably need a patch release. I'll try to fix up a few of the other reported 1.8 issues at the same time.

EDIT: Also, have you tried Direct Mode? If it works for you, it really is worth it...
Last edited by StellaArtois on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

agamer wrote:Just wanted share that in direct HMD mode, running 4.3 runtime on nvidia 780, Minecraft 1.8, Minecrift 1.8pre1, I have to disable vsync in driver to get rid of judder. This may or may not be of help to folks. Also can't seem to shake the vsync tear when enabled and in extended mode with vsync forced on or off, but will keep tinkering til I get it right. Maybe should I switch to 1.7.1.0 and pickup pre5?

But much praise for Minecrift! It is the first experience I've had in the rift that triggered a response in my sympathetic nervous system. It actually kicked me into flight mode and my heart was racing the first hardcore run I had from the mobs. I haven't had a almost-pooed-my-pants experience in a game since I can remember. So, thanks for that!

The interface adjustments for the rift are second to none. I've played demos and games since doom3 in dk1 early days and even tried my hand at some development work and wow the keyhole features together with the aim control options as well as the world scaling options work wonderfully and gui scaling which may be a function of minecraft, but still all these adjustments lead me to an awesome experience. I wish skyrim had those options as easily but alas, it takes tons more work and dizzying headaches to get that running, much less running well. Kudos to mabrowning and StellaArtois! Yet another great result of MTBS community at work!

:woot
I'll be interested to know if you can fix the issues in 1.8. However I'm still *hoping* that the issues are 0.4.3 related, and not something I've specifically broken. I do need to look closely in that area however; as Oculus say, smoothness is the first thing you need to get right for a good VR experience.

Glad the interface and controller settings are heading in the right direction! :)
Mystify
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Mystify »

I am haing trouble getting my hydra to play nicely. I am using the 1.8 version. When I first loaded it up, I was spinning uncontrollably. Now when I get to the menu, I can use the hydra to move the mouse (poorly; its very clumsy, and the cursor doesn't want to move in sane ways, like moving the controller up sends the cursor down), but I cannto click, not with the mouse and not with the hydra. Needless to say, this prevents me from playing the game or changing any of the options.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

Mystify wrote:I am haing trouble getting my hydra to play nicely. I am using the 1.8 version. When I first loaded it up, I was spinning uncontrollably. Now when I get to the menu, I can use the hydra to move the mouse (poorly; its very clumsy, and the cursor doesn't want to move in sane ways, like moving the controller up sends the cursor down), but I cannto click, not with the mouse and not with the hydra. Needless to say, this prevents me from playing the game or changing any of the options.
Sorry, as the release notes hopefully mention - the hydra stuff is broken at the moment. It's on the todo list to fix. I'd like to get it fixed up for STEM at the same time to be honest - is anyone willing to send me a STEM setup to test? 8-)
Mystify
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Mystify »

StellaArtois wrote:
Mystify wrote:I am haing trouble getting my hydra to play nicely. I am using the 1.8 version. When I first loaded it up, I was spinning uncontrollably. Now when I get to the menu, I can use the hydra to move the mouse (poorly; its very clumsy, and the cursor doesn't want to move in sane ways, like moving the controller up sends the cursor down), but I cannto click, not with the mouse and not with the hydra. Needless to say, this prevents me from playing the game or changing any of the options.
Sorry, as the release notes hopefully mention - the hydra stuff is broken at the moment. It's on the todo list to fix. I'd like to get it fixed up for STEM at the same time to be honest - is anyone willing to send me a STEM setup to test? 8-)
Fair enough. Is there a way for me to disable the hydra usage then? As it is, it is blocking me from going through the menus to disable the hydra.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

Mystify wrote:Fair enough. Is there a way for me to disable the hydra usage then? As it is, it is blocking me from going through the menus to disable the hydra.
Close Minecrift. Navigate to your .minecraft install folder, find optionsvr.txt. Open that and edit the entry:

controllerPluginID:hydra

change to

controllerPluginID:mouse

Hopefully that will get you going again.
Mystify
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Mystify »

StellaArtois wrote:
Mystify wrote:Fair enough. Is there a way for me to disable the hydra usage then? As it is, it is blocking me from going through the menus to disable the hydra.
Close Minecrift. Navigate to your .minecraft install folder, find optionsvr.txt. Open that and edit the entry:

controllerPluginID:hydra

change to

controllerPluginID:mouse

Hopefully that will get you going again.
Thank you, I'll try that when I get home

Return to “Minecrift”