Minecrift Discussion Thread

treschlet
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Minecrift Discussion Thread

Post by treschlet »

Hey! Just got set up with the 1.7.10 version, and so far it's looking and working awesome! A couple years ago I posted a recommendation to allow to "fully decouple" the cursor from horizontal head motions, but I think that's something I might see if I can add and push up a merge reqeust. The real problem we're having is when we try to install any forge mods (We've tried both Thaumcraft 4.2.3.5 and Terrafirmacraft, and both are giving us a very similar crash with a NoSuchMethodError: (the one pasted below is when attempting Thaumcraft, specifically, Terrafirmacraft's is similar, but not identical)

Not really sure where to go next!

EDIT: We tried Iron Chests, and it works okay, but I'm guessing it doesn't try to add a creative mode tab

EDIT EDIT: Creative Mode search doesn't seem to work, either. (plus a number of weirded out item textures) Dunno if that's specific to the forge support or just minecrift. I guess that's what we'll test, next!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: The creative mode search field works fine without forge. So something with the forge integration isn't getting along with the creative mode menus (or some deeper problem). Still glitched textures though

Code: Select all

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs.getNextID()I

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:163) 
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:544)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:208)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) 
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) 
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) 
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) 
at Reflector.callVoid(Reflector.java:566)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:708) 
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:1251)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148) 
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs.getNextID()I

at thaumcraft.common.Thaumcraft.<clinit>(Thaumcraft.java:337)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) 
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:440)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
NikoKun
Cross Eyed!

Post by NikoKun »

Just tried the latest updated version, for the 0.8 runtime, and it works amazingly well! :D It's almost perfect now, cept there's a slight wobble/latency with the head-tracking, but only on the yaw axis, most noticeably when you turn your head left and right quickly. All other aspects of tracking are dead-on, feel 1:1, and low latency.. But for some reason, the yaw for the head is a bit slow.. :/ hmm weird.

It's not super noticeable, but it's there, it's either a latency, or some axis issue with the player camera and various rotations..

The other issue I've noticed, is if you use the Controller to play, placing and breaking blocks is laggier than with a mouse. Like it's not triggering visual updates, with the controller, but it does with the mouse. Also, if you set the Controller crosshair movement to "Recenter", it's really hard to turn left in comfort mode, like it wont allow the cursor to go far enough left, to trigger the turn. :/ But Right turns work fine.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

NikoKun wrote:Just tried the latest updated version, for the 0.8 runtime, and it works amazingly well! :D It's almost perfect now, cept there's a slight wobble/latency with the head-tracking, but only on the yaw axis, most noticeably when you turn your head left and right quickly. All other aspects of tracking are dead-on, feel 1:1, and low latency.. But for some reason, the yaw for the head is a bit slow.. :/ hmm weird.

It's not super noticeable, but it's there, it's either a latency, or some axis issue with the player camera and various rotations..

The other issue I've noticed, is if you use the Controller to play, placing and breaking blocks is laggier than with a mouse. Like it's not triggering visual updates, with the controller, but it does with the mouse. Also, if you set the Controller crosshair movement to "Recenter", it's really hard to turn left in comfort mode, like it wont allow the cursor to go far enough left, to trigger the turn. :/ But Right turns work fine.
If you go into the Vr Settings->Player Prefs, is eyeProtrusion set to zero? If not, set to zero and see how that feels, yaw-latency wise.

I'll take a look at the controller stuff.
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

treschlet wrote:Hey! Just got set up with the 1.7.10 version, and so far it's looking and working awesome! A couple years ago I posted a recommendation to allow to "fully decouple" the cursor from horizontal head motions, but I think that's something I might see if I can add and push up a merge reqeust. The real problem we're having is when we try to install any forge mods (We've tried both Thaumcraft 4.2.3.5 and Terrafirmacraft, and both are giving us a very similar crash with a NoSuchMethodError: (the one pasted below is when attempting Thaumcraft, specifically, Terrafirmacraft's is similar, but not identical)

Not really sure where to go next!

EDIT: We tried Iron Chests, and it works okay, but I'm guessing it doesn't try to add a creative mode tab

EDIT EDIT: Creative Mode search doesn't seem to work, either. (plus a number of weirded out item textures) Dunno if that's specific to the forge support or just minecrift. I guess that's what we'll test, next!

EDIT EDIT EDIT: The creative mode search field works fine without forge. So something with the forge integration isn't getting along with the creative mode menus (or some deeper problem). Still glitched textures though

Code: Select all

cpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs.getNextID()I

at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:163) 
at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:544)

at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:208)

at Reflector.callVoid(Reflector.java:566)

at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:708) 
at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:1251)

at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148) 
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:135)

at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:28)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: net.minecraft.creativetab.CreativeTabs.getNextID()I

at thaumcraft.common.Thaumcraft.<clinit>(Thaumcraft.java:337)

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) 
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:440)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventSubscriber.handleEvent(EventSubscriber.java:74)

at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventSubscriber.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventSubscriber.java:47)

at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:322)
I'll take a look, thanks for the stacktrace!
NikoKun
Cross Eyed!

Post by NikoKun »

StellaArtois wrote:If you go into the Vr Settings->Player Prefs, is eyeProtrusion set to zero? If not, set to zero and see how that feels, yaw-latency wise.

I'll take a look at the controller stuff.
Well, unfortunately, changing the eyeProtrusion to zero doesn't seem to have any effect on it at all. :(

Also, I noticed that this yaw-wobble issue does not happen on the Esc Menu at all, or on the title menu.
If you push Esc to have the menu up, tracking yaw becomes perfect and instant, everything tracks great.. But go back into the game, and the yaw instantly gets wobbly again. And it's just the yaw. :/

I wonder if it has something to do with the angle interactions between the head and body.. Cause it doesn't seem like it's actually a real latency issue, rather it feels more like a control issue with that axis in-game, somehow.. :/
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

Interesting. The game is under less load when the in-game menu is displayed - no ticks are being processed. That may be a red herring though, and as you suggest additional look aim calculations may not be being performed when in the menu.

I'll take a look.
NikoKun
Cross Eyed!

Post by NikoKun »

StellaArtois wrote:Interesting. The game is under less load when the in-game menu is displayed - no ticks are being processed. That may be a red herring though, and as you suggest additional look aim calculations may not be being performed when in the menu.

I'll take a look.
Hmm, interesting.
Well in that case, and this might reduce the chances of this being tick related, the bug does happen regardless of whether you're in singleplayer or multiplayer. So when paused in multiplayer, things are still going on in the background, players and animals still moving etc. And when paused in multiplayer, the yaw-wobble bug goes away there too.
That might not eliminate it as being tick or performance related issue, but it seems less likely.

More importantly, has anyone else noticed/replicated this problem, other than me? lol
mrklaw
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mrklaw »

So the official minecraft VR for the oculus rift is getting some bad press from polygon and toms hardware for causing nausea.

Is there anything that minecrift does differently that might reduce that? They seem to have a comfort mode for turning with the right stick (quite small turn angles though), but other than that it seems fairly basic

This is a real shame as minecraft in VR is one of the thing I'm looking forward to, so I'm hoping you guys have some magic that'll help :).
mrklaw
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mrklaw »

replying to myself to say I've just tried this on my newly arrived vive and it is amazing. So much better than when I first tried on the DK1. Teleporting is a lot of fun but I might experiment with normal movement to see if my brain can handle it.

Is there a list of controls for the vive version somewhere? Surprised there isn't more activity in this thread now that both consumer versions of OR and Vive are out..
jross12385@gmail.com
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jross12385@gmail.com »

I'm having an issue with the different buildcraft machine interfaces. I'm using Minecrift 1.7.10 R3 with forge. The mods I'm using are buildcraft, industrial craft, too many items, and thermal expansion. When I enter a machine interface, such as a steam dynamo, I see two flickering cursors and I cant click on the tabs to go to different parts of the interface. Is this a known issue and can it be fixed?
Also, every time the game starts it tells me there is an update for optifine. Is there a way to update this in minecrift?
Other than the buildcraft interface issue I'm loving minecraft in VR. Amazing work!

EDIT: I fullscreened the window on my monitor and now I get three flickering cursors, but I'm able to fully use buildcraft machine interfaces. Still hoping for a fix to the flickering cursors, but its fully playable now.

EDIT 2: Sadly I have not been able to reproduce this. :(
JoshuaJSlone
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Where are the VR profiles stored? Taking Rift stuff over to a friend's today, realizing I'll need to take a short time to re-tweak the settings to how I like them. Not finding anything obvious in the AppData .minecraft folders.
gaplant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post Can't run the R3 installer: can't download redistributa

Post by gaplant »

Post Can't run the R3 installer: can't download redistributables.
When I run the installer, I get an error after the second progress bar when it's trying to install visual c 2010 i think (hard to see it only flashes up for 1 frame).
I've tried reinstalling the visual studio anc visual c++ redis, 2010-2012, tried installing in forge mode with a working forge install, tried installing R1 (which works but I'm trying to use CV1 which needs r3). Redownloaded the installer, ran the installer in admin mode.
Reupdated the Java SDK and the RTE.
Is there a way to skip the redis and install manually?
r_sole
One Eyed Hopeful

Choppy turning

Post by r_sole »

Is turning meant to be so choppy?

Whenever I turn left or right instead of panning smoothly it moves like 10 degrees at a time.

Im having the same problem with other VR games. Maybe its just my setup?

To answer my own question: Minecrift has a feature called "VR comfort" that you need to turn off in order for it to be smooth. (I guess its there to reduce dizziness)
sharonna
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sharonna »

Hi I am looking for the version for 1.4.7 Minecraft, sadly the link is dead.
Could somebody who has it, please post it ?
Thanks a lot.
doberso
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by doberso »

Sure, but I'm afraid that the absence of head tracking is a one way ticket to Puketown.

Return to “Minecrift”