Hi from FOVE

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
Fove-CTO
One Eyed Hopeful

Hi from FOVE

Post by Fove-CTO »

Hello,

I am the CTO of FOVE, inc. We are making that eye tracking HMD that you may or may not have heard about.

I believe that eye tracking is going to be the future of all HMDs and critical for their wide spread adoption.
Our primary focus is on hardcore gaming, but we have many other applications.

What we have done so far:
  • Low latency eye tracking with an ultra high resolution (WQHD) HMD with ~100 FOV.
    Aim, drive UIs, interact with game objects and characters with your eyes in real time.
    Depth of field based on where you are looking.
Happy to take questions here, but we are extremely busy so I might take a little while to respond.
Will post updates as I can.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Hi from FOVE

Post by Neil »

I thought this was very cool. Not exactly VR, but a very cool proof of concept for the eye-tracking interface.

http://www.mtbs3d.com/index.php?option= ... &Itemid=73

How complex can the music be? Is it only a few notes, or can it really be elaborate?

Regards,
Neil
colocolo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by colocolo »

The idea of foveated rendering seems to be an old one. Many say its not yet possible to do in a HMD.

Am i right if i assume you are also working on this. Your name gives me a slight hint.
How would this increase overall rendering capabilities? In terms of a possible xfold increase.
Thank You

In general i think it will be very tough for OVR or VR in general to go really mainstream.
High - end PCs are not a ubiquitous thing.
NopeU
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NopeU »

Sorry dude but this is ironic, your product is caled FOVE but have such a low Fov
100º ? no, thanks.
metronome
Cross Eyed!

Post by metronome »

weirdbun
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by weirdbun »

No more updates here? Any backers on MTBS?

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”