FNV HMD position loss

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
DaTaJuNkIe
One Eyed Hopeful

FNV HMD position loss

Post by DaTaJuNkIe »

At first everything was running (after the pain of hacking the script extender and lack of the 4gb patch) fine. But no matter where I am in relation to the sensor I am beginning to get constant HMD position tracking loss. My eyes fly out of my head, my body contorts and grows small and life feels like a acid trip....

Is there a solution to this problem.

In my game (Yes I am a professional game developer) I did have some issues with UE 4.8 and the new oculus runtime. Reinstalling the oculus runtime fixed the issues... It seems to be running fine with everything now. But fallout NV has that one weird tracking problem...

Any suggestions?
DaTaJuNkIe
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: FNV HMD position loss

Post by DaTaJuNkIe »

Crickets.... Wind... A distant coyote yelping.... Dust in my eyes....

NOTHING? Really?
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by DrBeef »

Sorry Mate, I am not sure I can really help you with that one.. sounds like rather perculiar behaviour!

However, imminent new release (very imminent), perhaps if you retry with that it might sort it out (whatever it is) and if it doesn't, record a screen cap of your experience and post it here and we'll see what we can do...

EDIT: The version of Vireio you have (2.1.6) doesn't support the 0.6 runtime, may or may not be related. But this is about to change..
DaTaJuNkIe
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DaTaJuNkIe »

Alright I will try it out on the new version. BTW I love the drivers.... :D
robt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by robt »

DaTaJuNkIe wrote:At first everything was running (after the pain of hacking the script extender and lack of the 4gb patch) fine. But no matter where I am in relation to the sensor I am beginning to get constant HMD position tracking loss. My eyes fly out of my head, my body contorts and grows small and life feels like a acid trip....

Is there a solution to this problem.

In my game (Yes I am a professional game developer) I did have some issues with UE 4.8 and the new oculus runtime. Reinstalling the oculus runtime fixed the issues... It seems to be running fine with everything now. But fallout NV has that one weird tracking problem...

Any suggestions?

I got the 4gb patch working with perception (and mod organizer). Not sure if it's something you still need to fix but it sure is fine to be able to load NMC's texture pack etc :-).
What I did was copy the NVSE binaries and install the vireio symlinks to the "exe" sub-directory created by the 4gb patch mod (once it's initially run) and then run the fnv-4gb.exe as the launcher (as a MO executable).
DaTaJuNkIe
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DaTaJuNkIe »

I got the 4gb patch working with perception (and mod organizer). Not sure if it's something you still need to fix but it sure is fine to be able to load NMC's texture pack etc :-).
What I did was copy the NVSE binaries and install the vireio symlinks to the "exe" sub-directory created by the 4gb patch mod (once it's initially run) and then run the fnv-4gb.exe as the launcher (as a MO executable).
I can't use the 4gb patch and enb due to the fullscreen issue getting it on the rift. I have use to the Fullscreen alt tab fix mod which is the actual exe and I also use nvse. However I just downloaded the new alpha so I am going to be working with it right now.

I have fallout running fine. I only have hmd position loss when I look directly down or up. It is solid. anyway I am going to give it a try and see how the new version does. And yes I know exactly what a alpha is so I am not expecting perfection :D
DaTaJuNkIe
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DaTaJuNkIe »

Well one noticeable difference is the direct to hmd option that every game seems to fail at using for the oculus or not. which means that the fullscreen alt tab fix is no longer needed. However the drivers themselves upon injection give that never ending dx9 procedural issue... So I will have to fuss with it... Which currently is not an option due to issues with my own game LOL
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

I tried upgrading to the new 3.0.0a vp . When I tried to boot up Fallout NV I found that my positional tracking non existant. I can look around ok but no leaning ... Also I found what appears to be a 3D fov issue. so that when I look up and down the top and bottom of the screen seem to bend as I look up and down.

I could not figure how to change the 3D convergence. only world scale was visible.

I love the Direct to rift version but I have had to revert for now.

Maybe its just me having these issues?

Well done for keeping the project alive!!! Simon Brown the legend and Vista lol!!

Is there anything else that was removed? or added that is notable? A link would be great if this I have missed it.

Sorry for the wall of text

Love you guys!!
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Hi Ghettocat, good to see you back here again! :)

So there's a few things to answer in your post really...

3D FOV/Warping: I've managed to make a few improvements in this area, though it still isn't quite there, but the warping feeling is now reduced to some extent. There are still some settings that can be tweaked to improve this I think, such as the aspect ratio of the virtual screen.

3D convergence: it has been removed entirely, the most comfortable setting (which avoids people messing it up) is for the eyes to converge at infinity, i.e. both eye cameras pointing directly forwards.

Fallout NV: If you found the positional wasn't working, I'd suggest you go into the positional tracking menu and check it is enabled, and also check that the multiplier values are set to, there's a chance they are now too low and need to be adjusted.
Is there anything else that was removed? or added that is notable?
To be honest, the implementation for direct mode is considerably different approach to the previous versions. There were all sorts of tricks and tweaks to get things working so that we could get it to display direct on the rift in what is essentially DirectX 11, despite being DX9 games. Unfortunately this might be the death knell for a few games if we can't figure out how to fix the issues.

We are considering a follow up release in the near future which should address a few of the issues people have found in the alpha.
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

Thank you

Again well done I really appreciate the efforts and achievements.

If you need me to test anything I am always happy to help and mess around and play test.

It would be great if there was an advanced user menu in the future for things like convergence and depth adjustment. I am a bit of a 3D fiend :woot

Does this mean that there is the possibility of dx11 supported titles down the line?

Exciting times ahead.

Regarding the games that you struggle with I guess you can always state that the older runtime is suggested for some titles until things get ironed out. A couple of quick roots to uninstall a previous runtime is no trouble if we are focusing on a playthrough a game that performs better on 2.1.6

I really like the direct to rift its awesome in edge peak too. I notice performance increases as well

Last question what is the best method to record side by side footage.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Firstly, you might want to check out this thread if you've not already seen it:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=141&t=21007

And secondly, there's no way with the current release to get the distorted side by side rift view for streaming. However I spent yesterday evening making it possible to switch between the current undistorted mirror, and the distorted "rift view" so you should be able to stream either. I'll PM you with a test build over the next couple of days when I've tidied it up a bit so you can take it for a spin.
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

Good work Dr Beef!!!

Thanks for the link. I am really excited about the future!!

A lot of my subs like to watch side by side footage so that will be amazing If I can keep capturing side by side.

I would love to test your new build.

I am available on wayne.catton@outlook.com or ImmersiveGamer83@gmail.com

If you can let me know which one you send to that would be great :mrgreen:

Thank you very much!!
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Hi, I actually PM'd you a couple of days ago using the pm link below your last comment, but I'll assume it didn't send, I'll email you the link direct.
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

Thank you very much!!! :) I will look now :)
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

I just booted up Bioshock and it was fantastic!!! Thank you I love that the version was ImmersiveGamer83 :) It made my day!!

It seems as though you have tweaked the 3D in this version and it really pops!!! I love it

:) I wish you can see the beaming smile on my face.

There is still a tiny amount of 3D fov tunnelling but VERY minor and nothing to grumble about.

I report back again after I have played around some more!! I intend to record tonight and cover it on my channel.

Thanks a million

:EDIT: I can not for the life of me manage to get the game to record split screen with OBS. The mirror function works perfectly as well every time!!! but it still records single screen?? (using game capture mode) I have tried monitor capture (it record sound only) and window capture is not detecting the game at all.

Have you been able to record using different software? I am happy to purchase recording software if it is not possible with direct mode and OBS.

I also tried to activate extended... In extended mode the blue light turns on but the screen is black... I think that this is a feature with the new runtime. This did not happen on the old 0.5.0.1

Overall massive improvements with Vireio and I really loved the levels of 3D convergence in the test build.

Many Many thanks!!

I am really happy
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

Bandicam works for recording but still cant get OBS to capture Vireio in SBS.

At least there is a work around now. I will pick up the full version on pay day.

Thank you!!

Now the next big issue to tackle will be windows 10 compatibility lol :lol:

Return to “Game Support”