SPACE ENGINEERS

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

SPACE ENGINEERS

Post by ghettocat2007 »

I have always thought that this game would be crazy good to experience in VR !! to build awesome spaceships in vr and actually fly them sounds like a dream come true.

I would love to see if it was possible to get this up and running.

As always I would be willing to buy you a key for it.

Thank you
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: SPACE ENGINEERS

Post by baggyg »

I have this game so could give it a try. Generally we try and avoid early access because the constant updates mess with VR boost. Looking at the videos I wouldn't say it's an ideal match, but certainly worth a try.
PitterPatter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PitterPatter »

Space Engineers is a solid game now and still supports DirectX9 in addition to DirectX11. What would I need to do to add support? Do I simply need to add a line for the profile?
thekitchensink
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by thekitchensink »

@PitterPatter
I'm pretty sure that they would need to add more code in order to support the different engine, as different engines do dx9 calls differently.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

Unfortunately at the moment 99% of the effort is trying to stabilise the latest changes to version 3. Once we have a firm foundation we can revisit the increasing list of games that we would like to get supported. It's a bit slow going at them moment if I am being honest. his one is on the list though so will get looked at once we get there
ArlongKPR
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ArlongKPR »

PitterPatter wrote:Space Engineers is a solid game now and still supports DirectX9 in addition to DirectX11. What would I need to do to add support? Do I simply need to add a line for the profile?

Anyone gave this a shot.. ? maybe w/ Vireio Perception 4.0 coming out soon this could be a solution ? DirectX11 ?
histidin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by histidin »

that would be so awesome to play Space Engineers in VR.. it is shame that VorpX doesn't work with it (even when they claim it does - I bought it just because of SE).

Also Medieval Engineers would be awesome - they have same engine :)

Return to “Game Support”