Arma 2, Arma 2 AO

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
flaep
One Eyed Hopeful

Arma 2, Arma 2 AO

Post by flaep »

Hi,

i found few threads regarding Arma 2 (AO) not working.

Today i tested it with perception212 (currently lastest version) and it still does not work.

It gives the "r6025 pure virtual function call" the very momnet something 3d gets rendered. The Splashscreens work SBS.

Arma:OA

Code: Select all

versoin 1.62.103718 (its a beta version but these are the most update to date and commonly used versions)
All setting to low or off.
start settings: arma2oa.exe" -window -nosplash -skipintro -noPause -winxp
from bohemia wiki:
"-winxp 	Forces the game to use Direct3D version 9 only, not the extended Vista / Win7 Direct3D 9Ex"
i tried with and without the winxp parameter

ARMA2 version 1.11.86734

Code: Select all

same outcome, same start parameters.
profiles.xml (basicly a copy of the default arma profile)
<profile game_name="ArmA2OA" game_exe="arma2oa.exe" shaderModRules="arma2.xml" rollImpl="1" worldScaleFactor="1" game_type="401" convergence="0" swap_eyes="false" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" copyDlls="true" />
I rode in the "Vireio Perception 2.1.2 Instruction Manual" that arma is under investigation.
How can i help? If any developer needs a copy of the game just PM me. i might got a spare key.

(if there is a thread somewhere else didnt found and apologize upfront)
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Arma 2, Arma 2 AO

Post by DrBeef »

Hi Flaep

Baggyg has started looking at this and has the same issue you have found. As I don't own the game myself I haven't been able to look into it in tandem, so at the moment, only Baggyg is looking at it in amongst everything else going on.

If you have a spare key it would be hugely appreciated!, let me know if you do happen to have one. If you don't then no worries, I would hope that one of us will get to the bottom of the issue at some point.
drakepirate2
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Arma 2, Arma 2 AO

Post by drakepirate2 »

It seems to work ok (I get double image but only on my monitor)
then sudenly CTD after welcome screen on 0.7.0.0, Win 7 ,DK1, AMD Radeon

Return to “Game Support”