A Story about my Uncle

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
EffectiveCurric
One Eyed Hopeful

A Story about my Uncle

Post by EffectiveCurric »

I bought A Story about my Uncle but the VireioDLLInstaller says there are no supported games in folder. Any ideas? Can I phdyically insert the Vireio dlls?
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: A Story about my Uncle

Post by DrBeef »

I don't think the current release of Vireio has support for "A story about my uncle" just yet.. I am pretty sure that is in the process of being finished off for the next release (which will be very soon). That is probably why it can't find it, as there probably isn't an entry in the profiles.xml file for it.

Rest assured though, when the next release comes out, ASAMU support is really rather good (I've had a whale of a time leaping about in dark caverns) you hopefully won't feel like you've wasted your money on it.

PS. I wouldn't bother trying to get it to work with the current release either, it required a number of changes that won't be there, for it to be a good experience
EffectiveCurric
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by EffectiveCurric »

Hi,

I got the new version of vireio that supports A Story of My Uncle. I had to launch it using the Rift as the primary monitor otherwise it would launch in a window mode on the rift and fill only 80% of the screen. In primary monitor mode I then can't see the 90% of the menu as it's like i'm way too zoomed in. Any ideas? (e.g. if I was using TriDef3D i would then zoom out to see the menu).

Also:

I have a slow PC (4GM Ram, 1.89Ghz). It runs Portal flawlessly via Vireio, and A story of my uncle flawlessly without Vireio, but when I run it in Vireio it's laggy (even with GameBooster running). Does Vireo affect the processing speed?

Thanks
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Hi

You'll be wanting to use the "Disconnected Screen Mode" so you can look around the full screen, useful for menus and seeing other offscreen HUD elements that aren't able to move. To do this simply click the middle mouse button, or you can remap it to another key in the Overall Settings part of the BRASSA menu.

And yes, I'm afraid running Vireio will double the amount of graphical processing required to render each frame, the reason being it needs to redraw the entire scene for each eye, effectively doubling the workload for the GPU. A story about my uncle is much more GPU intensive than Portal (portal is super lightweight and could probably run well on pretty low end systems), ASAMU requires a bit more beef, hence the issues you are seeing I'm afraid.
Dangermoose007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dangermoose007 »

I am also having issues with this game, but of a different sort. I cannot get the oculus rift to display anything. I have tried installing the .DLL files manually and through the installer, I have run Vireio version 4.X, 2.X and 1.X and launched the games (ASAMU and Vanishing of Ethan Carter) through Steam (black screen instant crash) and directly through the file directory as an admin and via regular double click, but all I get on the oculus is the default oculus home screen. The games now launch properly on my desktop, and I have adjusted all video settings to the recommended setting via the included instructions file.

My Rig
i7 4790k
AMD R9 290X (reference design with Arctic Extreme 3 aftermarket cooler)
16gb DDR3 1600 Mhz Ram
250 GB Vertical SSD
Oculus CV1
Windows 10

I did notice that my oculus does not show up as a secondary display on my display settings, my computer only detects my monitor even with the oculus running. The instructions suggest setting this as the secondary monitor, but looking at reddit it does not appear the CV1 supports being found as a second display.
Dangermoose007
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dangermoose007 »

Okay so I have installed version 3.0.1, and set the perception settings to DIY Rift, Shared Memory Tracker, Primary Monitor: SB24B300 (my monitor) and it now loads as a double image on my monitor. I can see the green text of the perception software overlayed on top of the dual images, but it still does not display anything on my CV1. How do I get it to initialize my CV1? All it does when I put the headset on, is auto start the Oculus home software.

Return to “Game Support”