Far Cry 3

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
scorpionking674
One Eyed Hopeful

Far Cry 3

Post by scorpionking674 »

I OWN DK2, SO I DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL BE THE SAME PROCEDURE FOR DK1.

HEAD TRACKING WORKS BY FORCING MOUSE EMULATION

Using latest 2.1.0 RC1.

My Far Cry 3 settings are like this:

Set Direct X 9 From In-Game video settings to be able to run in Rift compatible mode.

- Rift mode set to EXTENDED
- You will need to copy Vireio DLL files into Far Cry 3 EXE folder.

Before you try it, my display was extended, RIFT being my primary display. Run VIREIO always as administrator. (set as primary monitor on vireio window).

* I dont use NVIDIA control panel for managing my displays.

* I always run games through my desktop shortcuts.

(I've mentioned almost every settings i have setup perfectly, you may try doing it my way if it doesnt work for you.)

My system:

ASUS G55VW, I7 3610QM, NVIDIA GTX 660M 2GB.

USEFUL TIP: If you are unable to see map or hud, just press "L-CTRL + Middle Mouse Button (PRESS THE SCROLL WHEEL)", this will enable disconnected screen view and you will be freely able to move around the screen, you can also lean forward and backwards to zoom in and out of the screen. After Enabling Disconneted Screen if the screen gets too small for you, you can Hold L-CTRL and use the mouse scroll to adjust the screen size. THUMBS UP IF YOU LIKED THIS TIP. In some games, adjusting screen size while holding CTRL key and scrolling wont work, Press L-SHIFT + Q, go in OVERALL settings and adjust DISTORTION SCALE.

PLEASE POST A REPLY IF THIS WORKS FOR YOU :woot
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Far Cry 3

Post by ghettocat2007 »

Oh my goodness. Fully supported in 2.1.3

Absolutely EPIC VR playground. Fantastic work guys!!

The VR boost was difficult took 3 attempts. yeah I did watch your how to vid.

also the dll installer failed I had to manually drag and drop the 4 dll files .

I am really grateful.

I purchased BLOOD DRAGON and Bulletstorm today because of 2.1.3 and my first experience of them will be in VR !! :)

I love you guys!!
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by DrBeef »

Yeah, Far Cry 3 in VR is pretty cool. Are you going to make a video?, please post it here if you do.

I was surprised how good Bulletstorm is in VR.. I was playing it standing up last night with an xbox360 controller and it is really good fun, I'm working on a feature that triggers crouch when you crouch in real life, should be in the next release. I can't claim to have felt "presence", but it was pretty cool being the middle of a shoot-out being able to duck behind objects to get out of the way.. a bit like super-immersive Time-crisis.
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

Here is my first VR Experience with Far Cry 3

http://youtu.be/0uSOXGdsyPU
ZibbeZabbe
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ZibbeZabbe »

Sorry to be bumping such an ancient thread. But I seem to be unanble to get Vireio working in any of my games. They start. They are 3d. I can see "stuff". But the world is gone. Everything. Most of the time its either skybox/sky shaders or just (in the case of deus ex) a probably copyrighted brown/orange glow. Moving around is possible, mouse Y axis is locked but thats probably just some setting ive missed.

Games this happens in:
Deus Ex human revolution
Far Cry 3
Fallout New Vegas and 3

If I posted this in the incorrect thread or anything along those lines (incorrect formating etc.) Feel free to tell me and I will (possibly) delete my post and move it to the correct sub forum etc.
Ramdu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ramdu »

I had something similar. What worked for me was to make sure that the DLLs were copied (I uninstalled them and reinstalled them) and then run Perception as Administrator.

The problem I'm running into is that in the game, when I zoom to look through a telescopic view, the crosshairs from each eye are aimed at two different locations and I can't figure out where I'm aiming.

I'm running Perception 3a2, Oculus 0.7, Windows 10.
feathers632
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by feathers632 »

I have tried a number of times to get perception to work with Far Cry 3. I've tried both versions (latest Vireio Perception 3.0.0 alpha 2 and 2.1.6). I inject dlls using the supplied injector. The headtracker is off and the display isn't per eye. Vireio Perception works for me with Portal 2 and Mirror's edge and Outlast. My Far Cry 3 is on uPlay rather than steam.

Any ideas?

I'm using runtime 6.0.1. on windows 8, Nvidia GTX 680.
ricardokung
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ricardokung »

Hi.Can someone tell if It does work with windows mixed reality,please?.I have a Samsung Odyssey HMD.

Return to “Game Support”