Fallout 3

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Fallout 3

Post by Neil »

Post.

Regards,
Neil
jhondidfool
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Fallout 3

Post by jhondidfool »

I'm using Fallout New Vegas, and the whole game is in slow motion when I fire it up with Vireio. Also, some mods just don't work. Any help?
My system is:
SO: Win 8.1
CPU: i7-4770K @ 4.1GHz
RAM: 8GB 1333MHz
GPU: MSI Gaming Nvidia 980 @ 1523/8004MHz
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by DrBeef »

There's a good chance that some of the mods you are using are conflicting with something Vireio is doing. If you play it without any mods at all does it work ok?

Have you tried any other games with Vireio?, if so, what is the performance like with them, I can play Fallout 3:NV fine on my system and I have a GTX780.
KevODoom
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by KevODoom »

Hi,
I've been experimenting with getting Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas running with Perception on Oculus DK2 - they load and run, but I'm seeing a double image, as though the left and right splits are both being sent to each eye. Any thoughts on what's going on?

I've successfully gotten Dear Esther running without the image doubling, so it does appear to be something I need to set up individually for the game.

Any help is appreciated!
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

You set the resolution to 1920x1080 right?, there's not another injection driver running that the same time?
KevODoom
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by KevODoom »

Ah - that was definitely part of the issue - the DK2's resolution was set correctly, but the game's resolution was far too low. Got it rendering in proper stereoscopic 3D, but it's not using the entire frame - winds up looking like a 3D monitor floating in space in front of you. Will investigate further.

Thanks!
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

You'll need to increase the Distortion Scale, you probably want to set it to about 0.75.. if you go into the BRASSA menu (CTRL+Q) and then to the Overall Settings, you can adjust it in there.
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

OK so Tale of Two Wastelands works really well I just have 2 small issues that I could use a hand with to resolve

The game/mod is loaded through NV all is well and good but I have been looking everywhere to try and get the camera dialogue zoom to disable somehow. I read that adding this fDlgFocus=16.0 to the fallout ini would work but I have tried placing it in numerous places without success. Apparently this command is in Oblivion and works with NV it just needs to be added?

Basicly 16.0 is the maximum distance that the player can interact with an NPC. So getting this ini command working would stop the zooming by making this the Maximum distance a NPC can engage conversation... when he/she is closer it would not need to zoom at all and keep the camera static to where you are standing.

The dialogue zoom is not pleasant and very immersion breaking

The 2nd small issue is the 4GB large address manager. The address manager really does not like vireio at all but I have a solution. There is another mod that basicallly does the same thing.
you can find it here.. TTW requires NVSE so you will need to activate this file and finf the NVSE application to enable large address patch

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/35262/?

Anyways here is the positive stuff I have working that makes things really more realistic and immersive....

You are required to own both NV Ultimate and FO3 GOTY. It combines both games into 1 open world and runs it all through FV. Its crazy... you can even run mods on top of it

I was up very late last night working everything out and testing compatibility etc.

Here is what I have working add to improve immersion/visual awesomeness while still keeping the framerate as high as possible

ENHANCED CAMERA- this is an Essential mod as it adds a body in 1st person view, Weapon Animation replacer, NMC Texture pack (small version still looks epic in rift), NMC texture pack from FO3 just manual download and drag textures to data folder,

there is even a patch version of project beauty and fallout resigned! dynavision 3 really does a good job of giving a nice bit of DOF to hide shorter render distances.

I added ADAMS NCR overhaul, Caesar's new regime, roberts body and armor replacers ,Type 3 female replacer Spice of Life,

Everything looks fantastic

Its on par with the beauty of modded skyrim in VR.

If you have any luck resolving the camera zoom I would love to hear back from you... The fix would presumably work in stand alone FO3 and NV

Regards
Last edited by ghettocat2007 on Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

I managed to find a fix for the dialogue zooming camera issue.

Once you have installed Enhanced camera mod

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/ ... 5334&pUp=1

You need to make a small change to the NVSE_EnhancedCamera ini file (located in Data, NVSE, Plugins,)

You will see the below
; Can be set to a high value (e.g. 15.0) to disable zooming in during dialog
; Unlike the fDlgFocus setting in Fallout.ini, this does not affect VATS
fDlgFocusOverride=1.0

Change the value to 16.0

ta da no more zooming

Hope that this helped guys :)
talonclaw
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by talonclaw »

Hello.
this is probably an old question but i can't find the answer anywhere.

great work but in Fallout 3 but...
i cannot get VATS to work with Vireio + DK2

tried reconfiguring the control.

Is there a fix?

Does this problem exist on New Vegas?

ty
Hanzeltog
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hanzeltog »

Hi all,

I'm trying to get Fallout 3 to work. The game boots up, and I can use my Sony Xperia Z3 Compact in a head mounted VR unit and play. BUT

Im getting a message in the screen saying HMD NOT DETECTED in red letters, or if I change the settings of Vireio it says HMD NOT INITIALIZED. Quite annoying.

I can get the message to dissapear but then I run into a different issue. In that case I can only turn my head side to side. Up and down doesn't work, it forces the view to the middle again. Does the same when using the mouse.

What am I doing wrong?
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

The y axis is locked to help immersion when using oculus rift. Using oculus track you can't look up and down with the 360 pad (maybe also kb/m) If you are using another hmd you should make sure oculus track is not selected on the perception window(not in game) also try pressing control and q in game and setting mouse emulation to true. This is a theory though as I use a DK2
Hanzeltog
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hanzeltog »

Getthocat2007 that was exactly the help I needed. It works perfect now. Only some minor adjusting left for me to make turning the head correspond to the right turn in the game (e.g. 90' turn head makes 110' degree turn in game) but that's something I can do with fiddeling with the sensitivity (mouse or tracking).

It does stutter a bit on the phone. If anybody has a great tip on that part feel free to shout it to me!
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

You can get a program that removes mouse acceletation This really helped me get things working better in VR. Then tune your in game mouse sensitivity till it feels right for you.

Glad that I could help you ;)
talonclaw
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by talonclaw »

I still can't get VATS to work and have given up because no one replied.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Sorry, I've hardly played Fallout 3, and I don't know what VATS is, so I couldn't help.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

VATS is basically when you zoom in to shoot a particular body part of an enemy.

DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Ah! That! Thanks :)
talonclaw
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by talonclaw »

I'm going to assume that it's known and accepted that VATS doesn't and won't work.

bit of a leap but it's nice to move forward.
tryiv
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tryiv »

:woot hello, im a bit new here, , and im not entirely sure where to post this, im having trouble getting vireio to work without crashing fallout 3 at start, along with skyrim
i have fallout new vegas working without any problems, in fact im even trying to figure out a way to get enb to work with it
anyways, what seems to cause the crash is the d3d9.dll for both, but the d3d9.dll from enb gives no problems, so yeah im a bit confused,
im thinking of just trying to use an older version of vireio
if i sound like a noob, sorry.
tryiv
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tryiv »

so ive tried launching fallout 3 with vireio on my backup computer that uses an amd 7850 gpu, as opposed to my main computers nvidia gtx860m, it still crashes at start, so i dont think its a hardware problem,, both computers do use windows 8.1, are there any problems with vireio on 8.1?

anyways, it seems to be the d3d9.dll still

ill try using an older version of vireio and see how it goes

EDIT-
i tried with vireio 2.0.6

same results, crash on startup

i dunno what else i can do, ive tried more things than ive posted, is anyone else having similar issues?

anyways, if anyone has any suggestions i can try, thanks
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Could you download and run trace spy to get a debug log. Also, you have created a default oculus profile?

Edit: win 8.1 is not a problem
Hanzeltog
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Hanzeltog »

Fallout was working fine for me! Haven't been playing because I have been to busy but when I have some spare time I will check that VATS problem. Sadly you can't use a controller. I'm using the first headset from this list (http://chinese-smartphones.com/best-chi ... y-glasses/) and to be honest I was quite surprised by the quality of the gameplay. Only thing I noticed it that when getting close to objects it kind of starts to get out of shape, and you start to see two different pictures. I guess that's just some fine tuning I still have to do.

I really love these developments. I hope there will be some kind of controller support in the near future as well. :)
talonclaw
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by talonclaw »

I'm very confused now.. i just saw a vid of VATS working using Vireio

It was TTW though, which is a new one on me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1ExJtaO8ZI

How do we get VATS working? personally i prefer this game to Skyrim.

>edit> TTW brings runs Fallout 3 on the New Vegas engine.
I haven't tried new vegas with vireio, maybe VATS works on that game and therefore, on TTW.
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

Hi there, that link is actually my video. I did not do anything special in regards to Vireio implementation. I do however get issues on 2.1.6 so I am running 2.1.4 I also use a lot of mods. It could be linked to ENHANCED CAMERA mod OR Animation replacer??? That's a guess though.

Also TTW is both games runing at the same time with a train station linking them together. but yeah its all loaded through NV. If you are goingto do this you will need to get the 4GB patch for NV.... This in turn will give you a d3d9.dll error. so you will need to put the d3d9 symlink in the EXE folder generated by the 4GB patch. a more in depth tutorial for this is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJze2d ... wc3MldxBV8
talonclaw
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by talonclaw »

thank you man.
that is invaluable information, sorry it took me so long to reply.
kudos
nyohan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nyohan »

I'm sure I'm not the only one that dusted off their copy of Fallout 3 because of all of the E3 excitement over Fallout 4. Vireio Perception has allowed be to step out of vault 101 like never before and for that I am sincerely grateful!

Over the last week I've put time in here and there to get Fallout 3 and Vireio to a point where I can just enjoy the ride. I don't have all of the mods that I used in front of me but I would be glad to answer any questions anyone might have. Some of the problems that I needed to fix were...

Getting the hud to be more visible. - You might prefer the immersion of not having the HUD at all and that can be achieved but I like seeing it. In the fallout.ini you can set the 'safe' display x and y values that push the info further in and further up. That did the trick for me.

Aiming. - The cross hairs don't exactly line up in 3d but an 'Iron sights' mod should help a lot.

Umbrella of Stars. - The night sky looked like an umbrella right over my head. It seems the folks that used Fallout 3 with the nvidia 3d vision had the same issue and if you search for modes relating to 3d vision and the sky you will find a mod that pushes the stars far up in the skybox like they should be. Works great. A note on this one the fallout mod manager I used, FOMM, didn't apply this one automatically so I just need to follow the readme instructions.

Pip-boy too hard to read - I got the wold setting looking great and then couldn't read the pip-boy. Even using the hotkeys to zoom in didn't help and changing the size of the menu just pushed the screen outside of the bounds of what it visible in the arm enclosure. Finally I reset everything and started by making the pip-boy readable before doing anything else. The world setting aren't as good as I had them before but being able to read the pip-boy is a must.
* A tip for this is that if you bring up the pip-boy while looking down, it's a bit closer to your view and easier to read.

Well that's about it. My only other comment is that using the built in Vireio FPS display and Fallout 3 'High' settings my frame rate isn't very good. I sometimes hit the 75 but I'm usually somewhere in the 50's and 60's. Sometimes I even briefly dip all the way down to the 30's. I have no idea why this is as I'm using a Titan X and a 4790k overclocked to 4.8ghz. That being said though, in a normal rift game these frame rates would have me holding my stomach and battling a case of rift sickness but to Vireio's credit, even with the low frame rates it feels just fine.

So after all the tweaks it was time well spent and I'm wandering the wasteland with a huge grin on my face. It's like a brand new game!

Please let me know if I can help you get your install working this well or if you have any tips for the rest of us!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Awesome.
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

Response to nyohan

You can hot key the GUI to cycle when you press a key you can do this by pressing control q then selecting it in the menu. If you set it to cycle you can map that to a directional key on the 360 pad no problem. This will help you....the text wil be off when you enter the pipboy press the key you just bound it will cycle to text larger and larger in the pipboy until its right. once you have finished press the key again to cycle to ui futher into the correct position. This also works with the menu.

Regardsing Iron sites. If you install Tale of Two wastelands you will get both games working together through Fallout NV. The game is loaded through NV so you get proper Iron sites. Also you might want to look at manually installing some of the Fallout 3 texture mods. They can still be used with TTW. As long as they are manually installed into the NV directory.

You will need to use the NV 4 GB patch to get acceptable framefrate with both games running together in VR. You will get a d3d9 error though so you need to follow a tutorial that helps people use enb's with the 4gb loader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJze2d ... wc3MldxBV8

This is only if you use the fallout tale of two wastelands... But doing so will fix all your remaining issues and also get you double to play area to go crazy in.
feathers632
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by feathers632 »

DrBeef wrote:You'll need to increase the Distortion Scale, you probably want to set it to about 0.75.. if you go into the BRASSA menu (CTRL+Q) and then to the Overall Settings, you can adjust it in there.
Ummm.... there is no distortion scale option under overall settings on perception 3 alpha 2.

Game is just a floating cinema screen surrounded by blackness.
dawsoneastin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dawsoneastin »

PLEASE HELP
every time I try and play FO3, the game runs but for some reason, its just like playing on a monitor suspended in space. no 3d. no in game head tracking. nothing. can any of you guys help?? THANK YOU
SailorDeath
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SailorDeath »

Click your mousewheel button. The weird screen view is so you can read your pipboy or other menu options when you have em up and then toggle back to first person view.

Return to “Game Support”