CHIVALRY DEADLIEST WARRIOR

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

CHIVALRY DEADLIEST WARRIOR

Post by ghettocat2007 »

Hi there

I just tried Chivalry Medieval Warfare and love what you have done there its fantastic!! Its crazy to feel like you are there in the carnage.

But I just tried to boot up Deadliest warrior and it did not load. I am just wondering if it is supported? I assumed it would be the same as Medieval Warfare as they use the same launcher but it failed to load up in VR.

If it is not supported is this because you don't have a copy? I can remedy that if that is the case or is it a technical difference between the titles?

Thanks for blowing my mind to pieces again

I know the risks of running in VR with possible ban but I really dont play non VR titles any more so I wouldn't play on a flat screen anyways :)
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: CHIVALRY DEADLIEST WARRIOR

Post by DrBeef »

I don't know if they have the same executable name, if they don't then that would be a problem, but should be easily fixed by changing the name in the profiles.xml. Since it's just an expansion pack I would have it expected it to work (though I doubt VRBoost would have worked, as likely the binary is slightly different).
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

This is a noob question sorry...

How do I go about changing the name in the profiles.xml?

Also can anyone confirm an actual VAC ban for using your drivers? I know its a risk but just looking to confirm if anyone knows of an actual case where someone was banned purely for using vireio.

dr beef Thank you, also you commented on my Bioshock youtube vid providing a fix, thanks for that
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

No worries.. if you open profiles.xml in the cfg folder, and find the line (that starts with):

Code: Select all

<profile game_name="Chivalry: Medieval Warfare" game_exe="CMW.exe" ...
make sure you get the 32 or 64 bit line depending on what you are planning on running, then change the bit that says game_exe to the executable name of the main executable for Chivalry Deadliest Warrior (wild guess would be CDW.exe.. but you'll need to look in the game's folder to confirm).

If the exe matches, then the synlink installer should be able to match it and create the symlinks and you are away. I imagine the shader rules will be ok, but I would be surprised if VRBoost worked alright, but it's worth a shot.

I hope the tweak I suggested sorted Bioshock for you. The next release will have it all working properly without needing to change anything.

Return to “Game Support”