Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
rootproxy
One Eyed Hopeful

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Post by rootproxy »

Hello everyone!

I have been searching around for some guides on getting Oblivion working with my Oculus Rift DK2 but could not find any. I have successfully setup Skyrim to work and it is great. But to be honest I actually liked the Oblivion story line and game play better than Skyrim. I have seen posts on other sites like reddit and videos on youtube where people have setup Oblivion and Vireio to work with the Oculus so I know others have successfully done this. What I would like to do is collaborate with people here and elsewhere to put together a tutorial or setup guide to get Oblivion working with Vireio and the Oculus. If anyone has been successful with Oblivion and Vireio I would love to hear from you.

Here are my computer specifics:

Memory: 16GB
Video Card: Nvidia 9800GT driver verson 340.52
Oculus SDK: 0.4.4
Vireio Version: 2.1.1a
Mod Organizer: v1.2.14

Here is what I have done:

I followed this guide meant for setting up Skyrim: http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments ... yrim_with/

I of course dropped the dll's in my Oblivion game folder. When it came to the mods I have only installed OBSE v. 2014-00-00-00-00- and Oblivion Enhanced Camera v. 1.4b. My monitor does not support 1920x1080 so I have set it to 1440x900 at 75hz. I set my Oculus DK2 display mode in "extend mode" and set it as my primary monitor. I run Vireio Perception as administrator and Mod Organizer as administrator.

Results:

When I run Oblivion from Mod Organizer Oblivion crashes/stops responding. Here is the error from the windows event viewer:

Faulting application name: oblivion.exe, version: 1.2.0.416, time stamp: 0x462392c7
Faulting module name: oblivion.exe, version: 1.2.0.416, time stamp: 0x462392c7
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000548e
Faulting process id: 0x3960
Faulting application start time: 0x01d01718fea54a24
Faulting application path: C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Oblivion\oblivion.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Oblivion\oblivion.exe
Report Id: 3eaddee5-830c-11e4-a5e6-e840f245d82e

I will attempt to roll back SDK, drivers and Vireio versions to see if I can get some success. In the meantime if anyone has got this working let me know what versions you used. Thanks! :)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Post by cybereality »

I remember hearing problems when using mods. Can you uninstall them?
rootproxy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rootproxy »

Yes. I have uninstalled them but am still having the same problem. I am rolling back my Oculus runtime at the moment to see if this helps. Thanks for the feedback!
rootproxy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rootproxy »

OK so rolling back to Oculus SDK/runtime 0.4.2 seems to stop Oblivion from crashing and gets video output to the Oculus. The things I am noticing now is that the vision or image is cross eyed and the head tracking doesn't work. I have tried using Perception v2.1.1a and v2.0.0.2 both have the cross eyed vision and no head tracking. I am making progress though. If there is anything else anyone thinks I should try let me know. Thanks

Edit:
After digging around in the Perception folder I found the different gaming profiles located in Perception\cfg\profiles.xml. It appears I will need to build a profile for Oblivion in order for Vireio to function properly.

It looks like these two in this reddit post have figured this out!
http://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments ... th_vireio/
rootproxy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rootproxy »

Here's my latest progress...I have the game where it will work with the Oculus but I still have some problems. Head tracking is not working yet. There appears to be a setting somewhere that should allow head tracking to work. The other issue is the picture. Instead of the image taking up the entire field of vision it looks like a widescreen(has black edges) like the image is cropped. The image is a little out of focus as well.

What I did:

I used Vireio Perception v2.0.0.2 which has a profile editor "VireioPerceptionProfiler". It appears the latest release of Perception did not come with this profile editor. What I did was simple. I just made new profiles and copied off of the profiles built for Skrim and located the Oblivion.exe and OblivionLauncher.exe for each profile. There are shader_rules and VRboost_rules. I made copies of these for Skyrim and renamed them for use with Oblivion.

Results:

I have Oblivion working through the oculus in stereoscopic but like I stated above the head tracking doesn't work and the image is cropped and a bit out of focus.

What I am thinking I need to do now is dig through the forums and other places where people are troubleshooting Skyrim issues similar to the issues I now face with Oblivion. I want to see if I can get a screenshot of what I see through the Oculus to post in here so others might be able to know/actually see what I am experiencing. Again, if anyone has anything I should try let me know :) I will continue to troubleshoot and tinker and see what I can accomplish and will report back.
lashloch
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by lashloch »

So this worked for me:

Use VireioPerceptionProfiler from 2.0.x like rootproxy mentioned to make an Oblivion profile that's identical to the Skyrim profile, then copy the profiles.xml over to a newer version like 2.1.1 (what I used). For whatever reason, this enables BRASSA ingame. The cross-eyed problem is due to the convergence being incorrect -- just ctrl-Q and get it comfortable. There's still some weirdness like NPCs' faces being... apart... from their bodies, but the idea is there. (Still no head-tracking, though).

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Head-tracking works if you switch Mouse Emulation on. Duh.
ghettocat2007
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by ghettocat2007 »

Even though this game is old I would still love to see an official profile for it !!

Return to “Game Support”