Dear Esther

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Dear Esther

Post by Neil »

Regards,
Neil
LordJuanlo
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Dear Esther

Post by LordJuanlo »

I have found some problems with water in Dear Esther. Using the same game settings (1920x1080, no AA, no AF, no vsync) it works perfectly with Vireio 2.0.2, but with 2.0.3 I'm getting those artifacts:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5JIk4NTdjA

- Intel i7 3930K
- Asus Rampage IV motherboard
- Radeon R9 290-X
- 32 GB of RAM
- SSD Samsung EVO 840 (1 TB)
- Windows 8.1 x64
Comunidad española de RV / Spanish VR Community
LordJuanlo

Post by LordJuanlo »

Dear Esther is definitely broken in 2.0.3., I have gathered several reports on my forums with people using both nVidia and AMD cards. There are problems with water and sky domes, even in simple SBS mode. As I said, they worked perfectly with 2.0.2.

antfros
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by antfros »

I found a trick to make it work.

Runs vireio perception profiler, go to the game Dear Esther and edit.
In game type select the first "10 Fixed" and save. Run the game, now has more brightness. Exit the game and return to choose the third "101 left 4 dead" and save.
Now everything works fine with correct brightness and without glitches
Enjoy
LordJuanlo

Post by LordJuanlo »

All problems I reported before have been fixed with Vireio 2.0.4 Alpha 4 (20140914 nightly build). However the game is extremely dark now. It only gets the correct brightness when I open the Dear Esther menu, but it reverts to darkness when I close it. You can see it in this video. I have in-game brightness set to maximum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdiHdCXOvUE

Another problem: the game always starts with a wrong FOV. I have to start a new game, go back to the game menu and start a new game again to get a correct FOV.
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by DrBeef »

Just a quick one as I know a lot of people have had trouble with this in Vireio, hopefully this will help.
After some investigation it appears that the VRBoost setting for FOV in Dear Esther does in fact work, however it doesn't change the FOV whilst changing the value in the VRBoost Settings menu for some reason.
Once you have changed the FOV to a value you are happy with (110 for example), simply click the left mouse button and the game's FOV should change to match what you set it to. No need to bring up the dev console and try to type fov_desired 110. Discovered this by chance while trying to fix the apparent non-working FOV issue.
Hope that helps!

Return to “Game Support”