Deus Ex (original)

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
Taylooor
One Eyed Hopeful

Deus Ex (original)

Post by Taylooor »

I'd love to be able to play Deus Ex on my DK2. I looked into it a bit and found a VRBoost profile for unreal tournament. I had hoped that, being from the same engine, this profile would work for Deus Ex. I tried it out, only changing the "game name" and "game exe" to that of Deus Ex, but it seemed to have no effect at all. Could anyone give me some pointers for how to continue or, better yet, fix the profile so it works with Deus Ex? Thanks.

Here is the UT99 profile: <profile game_name="UT99" game_exe="UnrealTournament.exe" shaderModRules="unreal.xml" VRboostRules="" rollEnabled="true" worldScaleFactor="3.12603" convergence="3" swap_eyes="true" yaw_multiplier="15" pitch_multiplier="15" roll_multiplier="1" hud_3D_depth_mode="0" hud_3D_depth_1="0" hud_3D_depth_2="0" hud_3D_depth_3="0" hud_3D_depth_4="0" hud_distance_1="0.5" hud_distance_2="0.7" hud_distance_3="0.3" hud_distance_4="0" hud_key_swap="0" hud_key_default="0" hud_key_small="0" hud_key_large="0" hud_key_full="0" gui_3D_depth_mode="0" gui_3D_depth_1="0" gui_3D_depth_2="0" gui_3D_depth_3="0" gui_3D_depth_4="0" gui_size_1="0.6" gui_size_2="0.5" gui_size_3="0.9" gui_size_4="1" gui_key_swap="0" gui_key_default="0" gui_key_small="0" gui_key_large="0" gui_key_full="0" />
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Deus Ex (original)

Post by cybereality »

Deus Ex uses the DirectX 7 API, so it won't work at all out the box (Vireio uses DirectX9).

However, there are mods to get Deus Ex to use Direct X, you you may have some luck there. I'd expect they are not doing anything with shaders, so the default fixed-function pipeline type should work well. I don't remember which profile settings you need though.

Return to “Game Support”