Shadow Warrior (2013)

Case by case Vireio Perception game support discussion. One thread per game!
budwheizzah
One Eyed Hopeful

Shadow Warrior (2013)

Post by budwheizzah »

You'll make a LOT of people happy with this one. Tridef implement isn't perfect yet makes you feel like a superhero. Full VP/VRB implement would be freaking awesome.
Last one for now. :)
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Shadow Warrior (2013)

Post by Neil »

Ok. For new games, try using the profiler included with the drivers to see if basic 3D functionality will work and let us know. I don't know if the other developers have this game yet.

Regards,
Neil
budwheizzah
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by budwheizzah »

This, I can do. Any basic, crude advice?
I normally fail miserably with Vireio and I fear it's always a mistake on my part and not a support limitation.
If you know anything like "what beginners are always known to screw up" kind of advice, let me know.
budwheizzah
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by budwheizzah »

Welll guess what. Same old. No 3D, no GUI, No HUD.
Works with Tridef, iz3D and 3DV but with Perception.... nothing.
This isn't normal... it's the only result I ever get with Perception unless it's one of your pre-made profiles.
I'm doing something wrong!!

I attached the profile I made... it's as default as it gets. I tried with and without "Shader analyzer" checked as Tridef has a similar option and normally not checking it makes 3D not work.

Anyway now I'm at a loss. Not too sure how I can be of help.

PS: This one also kills my mouse. Can't move the dude's head when the game starts up... just got my WASD.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by baggyg »

Default game number (10) is not advised - it tends to be wrong and is only useful for debugging. I had a quick look around and could not find what game engine it used. You should pick the game number that relates to the engine... I.e. 200 - Unreal. I think you also need to create a shader file. Even if it is blank (no rules), you should do this and link it in the profiler.

If that doesn't do it then make sure that:

> Vireio is running in Admin mode
> Shadow Warrior is running in DX9 mode only (very important)
> You have placed all 4 DLLs from the bin folder into the same folder as the main executable for the game.

If all 3 of these things are done correctly there will be no reason why you wouldn't get stereoscopy. There may be some issues but at least you would get this.
flaep
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by flaep »

works for me.
Expect everything related to mouse movement and the strg+q menus dont render correctly.
I just get the red selectbar but no text.

the "oculus to mouse" thing kind of works. I can control the cursor but cant click anything in the menus.
In game oculus movement does nothing.

I think getting SBS running is mostly the more tricky part and that part works

that is not a fully fleshed out profile, just copy and pasted a line from another game. (or default. not sure)

Code: Select all

<profile game_name="shadow warrior 2013" game_exe="sw.exe" cpu_architecture="32bit" shaderModRules="" VRboostRules="" minVRboostShaderCount="0" maxVRboostShaderCount="999999" game_type="0" rollEnabled="false" worldScaleFactor="1" convergence="0.042" swap_eyes="false" ipd_offset="0" use_sdk_pose_prediction="true" y_offset="0" yaw_multiplier="25" pitch_multiplier="25" roll_multiplier="1" separation="0.0" />
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

This is one I will look at adding our official support for. Prob during Jan

Return to “Game Support”