Bioshock infinite

FR3D
Cross Eyed!

Bioshock infinite

Post by FR3D »

I have a strange problem.
The farsight of bioshock infinite looks good.
But the closer the object is, the more flat the object looks like ?
It's just the other way round than in real live ...
Maybe there is something to correct manualy - with Skyrim I have the same problem !

best regards FR3D
best regards FR3D
muterobert
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Bioshock infinite

Post by muterobert »

Bioshock Infinite is a DX11 title and therefore limited to Z-buffer 3D mode. The pluses for this mode are fast rendering but at the cost of 3D precision and sense of near field depth. However, vorpX does have a nifty setting to adjust the depth weighting to shift where perceived depth is rendered in the scene. Have a play with that plus the eye separation and see if you can find a compromise that suite you better.

Z-Buffer is a great feature to have, and does a good job of immersing the player in the world, but if Geometry 3D is a usable option (this will depend on the title of course) my preference generally skews to the more precise and realistic depth afforded by it. So I'd advise trying Geometry 3D mode (selectable within the vorpX options, although for Skyrim it requires a game restart to take effect).

Having said that, I'm suprised by the games that I prefer in Z-Buffer mode, Fallout 3's outdoor scenes can be incredibly effective in Z3D mode. As ever, having the option is a welcome luxury.
FR3D
Cross Eyed!

Post by FR3D »

Is this working with 3dvision ? - i never tried it !
any chance to use it with tridef or vorpx also ?

http://indigomod.jarvismac.co.uk/?page_id=14

http://3dmigoto.com/

best regards FR3D
best regards FR3D
eqzitara1
Cross Eyed!

Post by eqzitara1 »

Helix has a WIP patch. If you ask there someone will link to it . He isnt done with it yet, but yea it exists and is not Z-BUFFER. Its only compatible for 3d vision/3d tv play. I think there are some vids floating around youtube though if your interested.
Lilwolf
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lilwolf »

I'm not seeing ANY 3d at all. I tried both z-normal and z-adaptive. I increased the weight to 100% and still nothing. I'm still outside the lighthouse and trying to get the hand rail to show differences (left eye / right eye) with the docks. Should be enough to see a huge difference.

Anyone able to get this to work in the slightest with Infinite? I've owned the game for ages, bought the drivers just to play this game. But don't want to start until I get the basics setup.

thanks
MaterialDefender
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by MaterialDefender »

You should get something like the below anaglyph image, otherwise something is wrong. As always with Z-Buffer 3D there is not much foreground parallax, but a distinct sense of overall scene depth. The image uses the default settings with a slightly higher Eye Separation (1.5).
BioShockInfinite-2013-10-12-18-06-31-08.jpg
Just in case: Make sure to set the Display Mode to Rift, not Rift SBS. The latter is for watching 3D movies not playing games, and on top of that shouldn't be available in the release version anyway, since it's not fully implemented in all render paths yet. That could be the reason for getting no 3D at all.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Game Settings”