Dimensional Kickstarter live - my journey started here :)

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
jumbli
One Eyed Hopeful

Dimensional Kickstarter live - my journey started here :)

Post by jumbli »

I don't chat much on forums, but I joined here in 2012 to share my ideas on VR. I wasn't a developer but was so excited about Oculus and VR I had to chat about it with someone. Anyway, I got so excited I finally decided to get a DK2, learn how to develop games and 12 months after full-time learning and development, I've launched my Kickstarter campaign

Dimensional is an experimental VR game with innovative movement mechanics, where you use physical actions (walk, lean, duck) to navigate dangerous chambers and save an alien race. It won a VR competition at VRTGO in November last year. I've tried to add lots of different aspects to the game to increase immersion. See the Kickstarter page for lengthy explanations. Kickerstarter have tagged the project as "A project we love" - which I am very pleased about.

I think it's important to interact in VR and see the world react to you. So you can fire a droid at things to move objects and solve puzzles. He's not happy about it though!

I've got loads of ideas I want to try out in the game. I'd be grateful to anyone who can share the Kickstarter with their friends. I'm only looking to raise a small amount, but the success of the project means a great deal to me.

I linked to my old forum posting here in my Kickstarter. It feels like part of my journey, so I had to come back here to tell you all :)

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”