Minecrift release archive

magnolia81
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Minecrift release archive

Post by magnolia81 »

mabrowning wrote:Do you have look/move decoupled ("tank mode")? If not, pressing F1 twice to hide/show the UI should fix it. If you do have look/move decoupled, there isn't a quick way to recenter it. I could probably add a hotkey if it continues to be a problem.

However, the magnetic yaw calibration (Look left, look right, look up, look foward) should fix it so there is no drift.... are you doing that every time, or did you configure it to skip calibration?
Oh, I disabled the automatic calibration in 1.6 because I don't have a hydra and it kept bugging me to calibrate it.
However, everything works now with FTB! I Transferred my FTB to MultiMC and added the mods there (without hydra support) in the correct order. After calibrating, everything was fine and it works just great!

Thanks again for your help!
goettel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by goettel »

Got my Rift yesterday, tried L4D2, which was amazing, even without the Vireio calibrations working for me, and some demo's - the Rollercoaster is great too. But this..is something else. I'm blown away. And almost blew chunks - that has to be a solid yin yang kinda deal. 8-)

Sterling work, Sir, the VR configuration options are great - hope others follow suit.
totallymichael
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by totallymichael »

This is wonderful. But am I the only one that's not seeing a crosshair? I'm using mouse as control. A crosshair appears whenever I go into the menu, but whenever I leave the menu there's no crosshair to be found. It makes aiming a bit hard. I'm not sure if I'm just missing something obvious or what. Any help? I'm running 1.5.2. Under the VR settings the control is definitely set as Mouse and not Hydra.
Additives
Cross Eyed!

Post by Additives »

Michael, sounds like you might have the HUD disabled. Try pressing F1.
mabrowning
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by mabrowning »

And In later versions, we added the ability to toggle the crosshairs separately from the HUD. Check the HUD settings.
NewTruthNeomaxim
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NewTruthNeomaxim »

Does anyone know if this current version (with installer) can be used with Forge, and thus NEI mod?

I am awful at remembering recipes, and obviously with the Rift on, I won't just be able to alt-tab and read a wiki every five minutes. I need something I can view in-game, that has all the recipes.
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

It does, but the installer itself doesn't create the right json for you. Its on my TODO list, but you can manually hack it by "merging" the libraries section of the Forge "version" and minecrift "version" jsons. Make sure to put Forge *after* Optifine on the library list and make sure any libraries that forge references are included.
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

Ok, it needed to be done, so I actually verified (and fixed) Forge compatibility (at a base level), and added the ability to include a "forge-enabled" version in the installer. Just install Forge first, then run minecrift installer, and it'll detect installed forge versions.

NOTE: If you do use Minecrfit+Forge, you'll need to add "-Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true" (no quotes) to the JVM arguments in your profile editor on the Minecraft launcher.

b99 is the first build with this feature.
totallymichael
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by totallymichael »

Additives wrote:Michael, sounds like you might have the HUD disabled. Try pressing F1.
That was it! Thanks a bunch. It's waaay more playable now.
tungsten
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tungsten »

I'd like to say that this is hands down my best Rift experience (I only got it yesterday). It feels more "3D" than anything else I've tried so far. I find minecraft's low-res textures and simple geometry surprisingly appropriate, and I think the IPD setting and stereo effect is being managed extremely well with this mod. It has definitely revitalized my interest in minecraft after a year + hiatus. Thanks for the work done.
zin981
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zin981 »

A week after I got FTB Ultimate 1.4.2 working my friends decided to change the server to a FTB Unleashed 1.5.2 server.

I don't believe playing Unleashed is possible at this point, majority of mods were loading but at least 5 or so much were causing issues but I couldn't narrow them all down.
In the end I couldn't get it running without disabling less than 30 mods.

Also it might not be all to do with Minecrift because when disabling the Minecrift mods in magic launcher it still didn't run with all mods but I could enable more. So there might be something strange in the installation process different to installing FTB Ultimate 1.4.2. It runs fine with the FTB launcher however, maybe there was something else I need to copy over.

If you could take a look at this I'd really appreciate it. I don't know if I have time or the skill, but I do have some programming experience. Maybe you can point me in the right direction if you don't have time to look into it yourself.

This mod is awesome btw, I almost can't play Minecraft now without it :P
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

zin981 wrote:A week after I got FTB Ultimate 1.4.2 working my friends decided to change the server to a FTB Unleashed 1.5.2 server.

I don't believe playing Unleashed is possible at this point, majority of mods were loading but at least 5 or so much were causing issues but I couldn't narrow them all down.
In the end I couldn't get it running without disabling less than 30 mods.

Also it might not be all to do with Minecrift because when disabling the Minecrift mods in magic launcher it still didn't run with all mods but I could enable more. So there might be something strange in the installation process different to installing FTB Ultimate 1.4.2. It runs fine with the FTB launcher however, maybe there was something else I need to copy over.

If you could take a look at this I'd really appreciate it. I don't know if I have time or the skill, but I do have some programming experience. Maybe you can point me in the right direction if you don't have time to look into it yourself.

This mod is awesome btw, I almost can't play Minecraft now without it :P
I'm going to need console logs to even begin to debug. Sounds like a mess, but there might be an easy fix. :) I guess I could also download the FTB Unleashed pack and try it myself.... any custom settings?
zin981
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zin981 »

Might be best to try it yourself. We did also use the treecapitator mod.

The logs don't really show much just out of memory error.

If you setup the default Unleashed with or without treecapitator, see if you can get that to launch in magic launcher without minecrift.

It would be nice to know even if it's possible. I keep playing around and I'm able to get different combinations of mods working but not all together.

The only launcher it seems to work on is the FTB one I'm not sure why. I can't install minecrift on the FTB launcher.
Shuhari00
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Shuhari00 »

I play feed the beast pretty much exclusively, and I just got my Oculus Processing e-mail. So in a couple of weeks I'm sure I'll be more than happy to provide you with any/all feedback and logs and testing you could possibly want if you're willing :)
DusteD
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DusteD »

Got my Rift yesterday.
Minecrift is most awesome! :woot Keep up the great work! :)
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

I got 1.5.2 to work with FTB unleashed over the weekend. The latest build is compatible, but I haven't created an automated installer for it. You'll need to modify the json to include forge universal 739 as a library. You should also set the Minecraft directory to ~/.ftb/Unleashed/minecraft.
testingscript64
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by testingscript64 »

Client> 2013-08-27 17:50:05 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The minecraft jar file:/C:/Users/Josefina/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/libraries/net/minecraft/Minecraft/1.6.2/Minecraft-1.6.2.jar!/net/minecraft/client/ClientBrandRetriever.class appears to be corrupt! There has been CRITICAL TAMPERING WITH MINECRAFT, it is highly unlikely minecraft will work! STOP NOW, get a clean copy and try again!
Client> 2013-08-27 17:50:05 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] For your safety, FML will not launch minecraft. You will need to fetch a clean version of the minecraft jar file
Client> 2013-08-27 17:50:05 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Technical information: The class net.minecraft.client.ClientBrandRetriever should have been associated with the minecraft jar file, and should have returned us a valid, intact minecraft jar location. This did not work. Either you have modified the minecraft jar file (if so run the forge installer again), or you are using a base editing jar that is changing this class (and likely others too). If you REALLY want to run minecraft in this configuration, add the flag -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true to the 'JVM settings' in your launcher profile.
Game ended with bad state (exit code 1)
Ignoring visibility rule and showing launcher due to a game crash

This is basically the error I got after installing mod. :(
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

Did you read the error log you posted or the documentation?

Add "-Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true" to the JVM arguments in the launcher.
testingscript64
One Eyed Hopeful

Great, Now I screwed up minecrift without the Rift Headset (because I don't Have one) Just for turning the VR mode on. I'll have to re-install it...

Client> 2013-08-30 17:45:59 [INFO] [STDOUT] #@!@# Game crashed! Crash report saved to: #@!@# C:\Users\Josefina\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-08-30_17.45.59-client.txt
Client> AL lib: (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed
Client> Unable to create Oculus Rift device interface.
Game ended with bad state (exit code -1)
Deleting C:\Users\Josefina\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions\minecrift-1.6.2-b115-forge\minecrift-1.6.2-b115-forge-natives-177825924047260
testingscript64
One Eyed Hopeful

after installing it again I can't get it to work without the headset.
testingscript64
One Eyed Hopeful

after installing it again I can't get it to work without the headset.
zalo
Certif-Eyed!

Post by zalo »

Just wanted to chime in: this is awesome! It's so well integrated, it's like minecraft has had native support for it all along!

You guys rock.
Ryumitch
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ryumitch »

so, my minecrift was working fine, but now, its being very strange. I can't load or create any new singleplayer worlds, it says 'loading terrain' but it does it in an odd fashion, out in the middle of the sky placed on the background, then it instantly crashes. I can enter multiplayer servers alright, but I'm so confused as to why its doing this, since I haven't touched anything.
rikkimaru
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rikkimaru »

Awesome work! It's very easy to install and very functional in vanilla minecraft!

I tried using it on one of my friends server's that is modded to hell (using the Forge option) and minecraft crashing while starting...

I put my crash report here: http://pastebin.com/b35xGe7i

If there's more information or somewhere better to put the reports let me know.

Again, awesome work!
AleksanderDev
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AleksanderDev »

Hi.
I saw that this has been asked once before but I'll ask again.

Can this be made compatible with Shader mods.

Its the only part that keeps me from playing minecrift.

I find it strange that there arent any more requests on this matter as its a huge dealbreaker, atleast for me.
Imagine shader with minecrift :D It be totally awsome!
ESOCHI
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ESOCHI »

This is awesome! The only thing I can't get working is the calibration. If I lay down and try to set it so that I'm looking forward again it ignores me and keeps it locked on a standard plane. I want to look straight forward while laying down, not upwards. I play mainly in my bed with the laptop on my knees.
Infe
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Infe »

Still waiting for my Oculus so til then...

Does anyone know if it's possible to play the Minecrift VR mode but turn off VR view and just view as normal? I ask because it has controller and Razer Hydra support I'd like to try. Also, my mouse stops flickering when I use the VR mode. Normally, my cursor blinks like crazy. Thanks for any help!
Yarrmor
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Yarrmor »

I can't get Minecrift+Forge to work. I did as was stated a bit further up, but when I press play the Minecraft launcher minimalizes and then goes back up. (I set it so the launcher would come back up when I closed Minecraft, so I assume Minecraft either closes itself or crashes).

This is in the console:

Code: Select all

Client> 2013-10-18 19:08:50 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] The minecraft jar file:/C:/Users/Jelle/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/libraries/net/minecraft/Minecraft/1.6.2/Minecraft-1.6.2.jar!/net/minecraft/client/ClientBrandRetriever.class appears to be corrupt! There has been CRITICAL TAMPERING WITH MINECRAFT, it is highly unlikely minecraft will work! STOP NOW, get a clean copy and try again!
Client> 2013-10-18 19:08:50 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] For your safety, FML will not launch minecraft. You will need to fetch a clean version of the minecraft jar file
Client> 2013-10-18 19:08:50 [SEVERE] [ForgeModLoader] Technical information: The class net.minecraft.client.ClientBrandRetriever should have been associated with the minecraft jar file, and should have returned us a valid, intact minecraft jar location. This did not work. Either you have modified the minecraft jar file (if so run the forge installer again), or you are using a base editing jar that is changing this class (and likely others too). If you REALLY want to run minecraft in this configuration, add the flag -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true to the 'JVM settings' in your launcher profile.
Game ended with bad state (exit code 1)
Deleting C:\Users\Jelle\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\versions\minecrift-1.6.2-b117-forge-nohydra\minecrift-1.6.2-b117-forge-nohydra-natives-95062103136964
Since I installed Forge first and then Minecrift, my Minecraft launcher says there are 2 profiles. Myself and Forge, which should be. But Forge-profile+minecrift-1.6.2-b117-forge-nohydra results in this crash as does Yarrmor+minecrift-1.6.2-b117-forge-nohydra. And Forge+1.6.2-Forge9.10.1.847 works as does Yarrmor+1.6.2-Forge9.10.1.847, but its not with Minecrift. :?
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vertinox »

This is an awesome mod. I foresee myself playing many long hours with it.

One question however... Is there a hotkey to reset the orientation. My one complaint is that the menus seem to drift fairly much over time and its a pain to keep going into the VR settings and resetting orientation.
Soul
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Soul »

So I got my Rift yesterday and have been dying to play Minecraft with it after having followed the development of this mod for a while. I didn't think I'd run into problems, especially with how easy they've made the installation process. Anyway, I have my Rift plugged in and configured, I've successfully experienced several other demos, so the Rift works fine.

I follow the steps for installing version 1.6.4 step by step. I see the profile has been installed fine "minecrift-1.6.4-b12-nohydra" and I select it, press "play" and the game just loads normally. No VR mode, I don't see any VR options menu in the game or anything. It's just normal Minecraft... Not sure why it hasn't worked, but I'm sort of at a loss. Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks in advance for any help on this. Cheers!
miFFhoe
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by miFFhoe »

Soul wrote:So I got my Rift yesterday and have been dying to play Minecraft with it after having followed the development of this mod for a while. I didn't think I'd run into problems, especially with how easy they've made the installation process. Anyway, I have my Rift plugged in and configured, I've successfully experienced several other demos, so the Rift works fine.

I follow the steps for installing version 1.6.4 step by step. I see the profile has been installed fine "minecrift-1.6.4-b12-nohydra" and I select it, press "play" and the game just loads normally. No VR mode, I don't see any VR options menu in the game or anything. It's just normal Minecraft... Not sure why it hasn't worked, but I'm sort of at a loss. Has anybody else experienced this?

Thanks in advance for any help on this. Cheers!
I've got the exact same problem :/
RatedB4Bacon
One Eyed Hopeful

HELP

Post by RatedB4Bacon »

When ever I try to install the installer it says "Could not find main class: Installer". I have done absolutely everything correctly that the instructions said. Can someone please help?
Lilwolf
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lilwolf »

Anyone else having problems with the hydra calibration? It goes backwards to me. I have the base in front of me on the desk (cables facing away)... I calibrate button (seems to be oculus only) and when I move the hydra, it moves the right distance, but in the wrong direction. I tried moving the base around, turning it around... I'm wondering if there is a config file I need to delete and start over? Or driver I should install.

btw, hydra works well in most games (HL2VR, crashland, ect) but I've always had problem with the config for the cover/shoot game and projects done by the same guy. Not sure if that helped.

Thanks for all / any info

Edit - I uninstalled the drivers I had installed for the hydra. The games that where working continued... but Minecraft and others stopped. What drivers do people have installed? The ones from Razer?

Thanks again
schradieck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by schradieck »

I have been playing with the minecrift mod for a week now, and am just mindblown. however i was wondering if you could add an option to lock the gui to directly in front of the the player. to clarify i don't mean the view i mean directly in front of steve. this would prevent yaw drift and remove the need for constant recalibration by making it so the gui is no longer affected by the rift. this is just an idea, i am fine with the mod as it is :D
Jetblack164
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Jetblack164 »

Where can I find the Zip'ed File of Minecrift for version 1.6.4, or any version in fact. I have been looking high and low but I can't find it... Can someone with better searching skills find it or tell me where it is? I really want to install it on Attack of the B-Team :oops:
schradieck
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by schradieck »

i showed this to a friend of mine and he loved it enough to make him seriously consider buying a rift. however we noticed that while the hand was decoupled for tasks like mining, bows still only shoot straight forwards, which makes aiming almost impossible. hope you can fix this in a future release :)
somebuddy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by somebuddy »

Hello and at first thx for this awesome project !

With the installer it was no problem to get the rift working with Minecraft 1.6.4 Forge.
Yesterday i tried to use the rift with a FDB Monster Modpack [1.1.0 MC 1.6.4 ]
I followed the instructions for using minecrift with mods but without any solution.

This is the ForgemodLoader Log:

http://pastebin.com/EpQqXFfw

Console Log:

http://pastebin.com/LTDyVfR8

It is nearly impossible that the errror causes of not enough Memory.

I've got 16GB RAM and the start parameters are :

-Xmx6G -Dfml.ignoreInvalidMinecraftCertificates=true -Dfml.ignorePatchDiscrepancies=true

Maybe you can understand what i can try to fix the error.
Maybe it's impossible with FDB Monster because of some conflicting mods !?

Thank you !
somebuddy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by somebuddy »

I found a solution for the error Message in my last posting.
You have to add " -XX:MaxPermSize=256M " as JVM Argument.
Now it runs a few steps further.. until the next error message.

http://pastebin.com/FRVEgaF3

It's about optifine i think. If i add optifine to the FTB Launcher then it works perfectly so why it doesn't with the Minecrift Optifine ?

Thank you !
somebuddy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by somebuddy »

no support anymore !?
racoon1211
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by racoon1211 »

Is this mod still developed?
Since Notch canceled the official port we need this mod even more than before.
He even linked to this mod, so it's unofficially official now ^^

Return to “Minecrift”