Minecrift release archive

mabrowning
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Minecrift release archive

Post by mabrowning »

skyworxx wrote:Ay chances you could make minecrift compatible with the ShadersMod?

It would really up realism and all the dynamic effects would look spectacular on the Rift :)
It isn't a priority at the moment: I looked into it and my machine couldn't even handle shaders before rendering the scene twice... In addition, its a fairly invasive mod and I'm trying to keep forge compatibility ;)

I'd entertain pull requests on the github page if its important to you, though.
Evenios

Post by Evenios »

latest update works great! hope you can get the walk speed slider to work another cool idea would somehow intigrating a gamepad mod with it as well ;-) hehe but good work so far!
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

Evenios wrote:latest update works great! hope you can get the walk speed slider to work another cool idea would somehow intigrating a gamepad mod with it as well ;-) hehe but good work so far!
Thanks! Feel free to keep posting here, but the main discussion is occurring over here

We're definitely going to get walk "momentum" added to provide a realistic acceleration curve, and analog joystick controls are also on the roadmap. The "walk speed" slider will be in the next release, though.
Drwho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Drwho »

Hey Stella was just wondering if you could possibly create an emulator for the hydra using your existing code. That emulates the rift so it can be used with any demo as there are some people out there who want to wait for the consumer before jumping in and buying it (nope got no money :D ). But have done the same thing as me and created a DIY one but don't have head tracking compatible with all the tech demos and games. (http://imgur.com/gvjiMuV for if you want to take a look at the DIY rift)
mickman

Post by mickman »

Trying to load up MineCrift but so far its just been a nightmare... :(

I tried both on MacBook Pro & Win7

Downloaded all files and followed as per instructions... but keep getting errors after adding each file in
MagicLauncher.

EDIT:

So I figured out that I need to access the AppData / Roaming / .minecraft folder. ( it is normally read only. ) & then place the files in there. ( that helps a lot )
Image Image

My Mind is screaming like a Zen Master dreaming .....
xXEnd3rGamerXx
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by xXEnd3rGamerXx »

Having a problem where the calibration text is always across the screen. About pressing spacebar. Ive tried restarting multiple times.
Evenios

Post by Evenios »

for some reason the new calibration setup doesnt work for me. i tried to push spacebar like the instructions say but nothing happens.. guess ill have to go back to the previous version for now there seems no way to remove the instructions :-(
Ericshelpdesk
Cross Eyed!

Post by Ericshelpdesk »

Evenios wrote:for some reason the new calibration setup doesnt work for me. i tried to push spacebar like the instructions say but nothing happens.. guess ill have to go back to the previous version for now there seems no way to remove the instructions :-(
Same deal here
Also, where did the cross hair and the UI elements disappear to?
IGameArt

Post by IGameArt »

Press f1
BoomZilla
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BoomZilla »

Is there a way to load tekkit into Magic Launcher or get the rift working with Technic Launcher tekkit
geekmaster
Petrif-Eyed

Post by geekmaster »

<deleted>
Syke408
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Syke408 »

Evenios wrote:for some reason the new calibration setup doesnt work for me. i tried to push spacebar like the instructions say but nothing happens.. guess ill have to go back to the previous version for now there seems no way to remove the instructions :-(

Same problem here.
Evenios

Post by Evenios »

it seems the calibration thingy happens every time you load the game is there any ways to have an option to toggle it from reappearing when you load minecraft for the latest version? thanks.
Drash
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Drash »

Getting this also. Quite a shame as the world(s) beyond those instructions beckons! :)
ElectroPulse
Cross Eyed!

Post by ElectroPulse »

Is this compatible with 1.6.1?
Ziggurat
Cross Eyed!

Post by Ziggurat »

ElectroPulse wrote:Is this compatible with 1.6.1?
not yet, he is waiting for the mod that this depends on to be updated.
ElectroPulse
Cross Eyed!

Post by ElectroPulse »

Ziggurat wrote:
ElectroPulse wrote:Is this compatible with 1.6.1?
not yet, he is waiting for the mod that this depends on to be updated.
Alright, thanks! I'll be sure to keep my 1.5.2 install for it... Getting stuff set up for tomorrow night when I'll have my Rift :woot
rathb18

Post by rathb18 »

Nice, When can we expect 1.6 support?
Vhaeroth
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vhaeroth »

What is the chance I can get someone to upload a working Tekkit mod pack. I really only wanted the rift for Minecraft and its the only game I can't get to run it. I have tried everything for two days straight and I get the same problem every time. Calibration screen comes up. I turn VR on and boom crash. I know I am modding it right I have been getting mods to work for almost two years now but none have given me problems like this.

Code: Select all

Minecraft has crashed!      
      ----------------------      

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem; Unexpected error

A full error report has been saved to C:\Users\Jessiah\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-07-09_12.05.40-client.txt - Please include a copy of that file (Not this screen!) if you report this crash to anyone; without it, they will not be able to help fix the crash :(

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 57a314fc --------
Full report at:
C:\Users\Jessiah\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\crash-reports\crash-2013-07-09_12.05.40-client.txt
Please show that file to Mojang, NOT just this screen!

Generated 7/9/13 12:05 PM

-- System Details --
Details:
	Minecraft Version: 1.5.2
	Operating System: Windows 7 (amd64) version 6.1
	Java Version: 1.7.0_21, Oracle Corporation
	Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
	Memory: 380305408 bytes (362 MB) / 514523136 bytes (490 MB) up to 514523136 bytes (490 MB)
	JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xms512m -Xmx512m
	AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
	Suspicious classes: ReflectorClass, Config, ReflectorMethod, ...[com.mtbs3d.minecrift.VRRenderer, MCHydra, MCMouse, ...], [com.mtbs3d.minecrift.api.IBasePlugin, ICenterEyePositionProvider, IOrientationProvider, ...], [com.mtbs3d.minecrift.gui.BaseGuiSettings, GuiMinecriftSettings], [cpw.mods.fml.relauncher.ArgsWrapper], [de.fruitfly.ovr.IOculusRift, OculusRift, HMDInfo, ...]
	IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
	LWJGL: 2.4.2
	OpenGL: GeForce GTX 260M/PCI/SSE2 GL version 2.1.2, NVIDIA Corporation
	Is Modded: Very likely; Jar signature invalidated
	Type: Client (map_client.txt)
	Texture Pack: Default
	Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
	Vec3 Pool Size: ~~ERROR~~ NullPointerException: null

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Function is not supported
	at org.lwjgl.BufferChecks.checkFunctionAddress(BufferChecks.java:64)
	at org.lwjgl.opengl.GL30.glGenFramebuffers(GL30.java:1086)
	at com.mtbs3d.minecrift.FBOParams.<init>(FBOParams.java:28)
	at com.mtbs3d.minecrift.VRRenderer.setupFBOs(VRRenderer.java:851)
	at com.mtbs3d.minecrift.VRRenderer.renderGUIandWorld(VRRenderer.java:593)
	at bfq.b(EntityRenderer.java:1084)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.K(Minecraft.java:887)
	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:756)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
--- END ERROR REPORT ee3c3849 ----------

Another interesting thing is that when I use the newest LWJGL it black screens before I even get to the cal screen.
Thank you in advanced to anyone that helps with this.
halfshey
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by halfshey »

Thanks a lot this mod is awesome!!! One time i played 4 hours with my rift :O

any chance that you could updgrade it to 1.6.2.
I think optifine is 1.6.2 ready.

but thanks again this is really really cooooool :)
TheHolyChicken
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by TheHolyChicken »

Just wanted to add that it's important you run your Rift display at the 1280*800 resolution. I had weird rendering/warping issues that was caused by my desktop being a different aspect ratio from the Rift, and Optifine's fullscreen resolution options don't seem to work.
Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits.
phonicpod
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by phonicpod »

Does anyone have a working link to this? both the download links are broken.
baggyg
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by baggyg »

StellaArtois wrote: Awaiting Optifine support for 1.6.1, so no 1.6.1 release as yet, sorry.
OptiFine has been upgraded to 1.6.2
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249 ... much-more/
Can we just download this and upgrade to 1.6.2 or must we wait for a new version of JRift.jar?
StellaArtois
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by StellaArtois »

Info updated, sorry guys.
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

StellaArtois wrote:Info updated, sorry guys.
Great many thanks. I was hesitant at first with the installer (having learnt how to use magic launcher) but it really is so much easier. Thanks for all your hard work. It is most appreciated.
Falan
Cross Eyed!

Post by Falan »

Hi there is it possible to play the latest version without hydra's please?

We finally got it working but it keeps asking for hydra calibration but we only have an xbox 360 controller at the moment.
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

Falan wrote:Hi there is it possible to play the latest version without hydra's please?

We finally got it working but it keeps asking for hydra calibration but we only have an xbox 360 controller at the moment.
Change the head positional tracking to "Neck Model".

If that doesn't work, you can edit the json file to remove the SixenseJava library.
Falan
Cross Eyed!

Post by Falan »

Worked like a charm thanks very much and...OMFG amazing!!!! Love it well done this is incredible!

Couple of queries, can I use the xbox 360 controller on the pc version and do I need to alter the FOV to anything specific for the rift?
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

Controllers: not yet, I'm working on it. The FOV will be adjustable with the next build.
Falan
Cross Eyed!

Post by Falan »

awesome ok well thanks again :)

I cant believe how effective minecraft works with the rift its excellent!!!
habbert
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by habbert »

oh GOD!
just got the rift yesterday.
This instantly gave me my first dose of "VR Sickness"
even tried ginger capsules. (where is the puking smiley when you need it)
Last edited by habbert on Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

habbert wrote:oh GOD!
just got the first yesterday.
Sorry about that. Do come back after you've had a bit of time to adjust ;) Perhaps try the Hydra head tracking? That improves immersion and lowers VR sickness quite a bit.
habbert
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by habbert »

mabrowning wrote:
habbert wrote:oh GOD!
just got the first yesterday.
Sorry about that. Do come back after you've had a bit of time to adjust ;) Perhaps try the Hydra head tracking? That improves immersion and lowers VR sickness quite a bit.
yeah ill have to look into the hydra lol
steveGambit
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by steveGambit »

Mark - for some reason latest build seems to be very laggy with head tracking ? any ideas why that would be?
inetd
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by inetd »

Just tried this out & was blown away. Thanks for the effort.
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

steveGambit wrote:Mark - for some reason latest build seems to be very laggy with head tracking ? any ideas why that would be?
Hmm.. thats strange. I'm not seeing any extra latency.
magnolia81
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by magnolia81 »

Hi! This is absolutely mindblowing! The blocks really seem to be 1m by 1m large! in normal playing they usually seem smaller for some reason.

Has anyone successfully installed this (the 1.5.2 version) on the new 1.5.2 FTB (Feed The Beast) Unleashed Modpack (Based on Forge)? I tried adding the mods in the "Jar Mods" section of the launcher. Sadly the FTB Launcher doesn't allow me to alter the order in which the mods are loaded. It apparently loads the mods in reverse alphabetical order. I tried renaming the files so the order was right, but Minecraft doesnt start, whatever I try (I just get a blank white window)...
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

magnolia81 wrote:Hi! This is absolutely mindblowing! The blocks really seem to be 1m by 1m large! in normal playing they usually seem smaller for some reason.

Has anyone successfully installed this (the 1.5.2 version) on the new 1.5.2 FTB (Feed The Beast) Unleashed Modpack (Based on Forge)? I tried adding the mods in the "Jar Mods" section of the launcher. Sadly the FTB Launcher doesn't allow me to alter the order in which the mods are loaded. It apparently loads the mods in reverse alphabetical order. I tried renaming the files so the order was right, but Minecraft doesnt start, whatever I try (I just get a blank white window)...
I've actually never gotten the FTB launcher to work. Luckily, FTB can be used without it on any other launcher, including the new stock Mojang one. Just download the right build of forge, then configure the "Game Directory" in your launch profile. I plan on updating the 1.5.2 builds so that they have an installer as well, and I do plan on including a "Use Forge" option in the installer so that you get a "version" with and without Forge to run FTB on. It isn't on the top of my list, but it is up there. If that's something you'd like, let me know ;)
magnolia81
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by magnolia81 »

Oh, I didn't know you could launch FTB from any launcher, thanks for the tip! I will try this tonight.

The FTB Community seems to grow rapidly, so I think it would be a great option to have an installer which can include Forge automatically.

I noticed one weird thing: the HUD seems to gradually move to the right for me and I have to reset the origin from time to time in the vr settings menu. is that normal? is there a hotkey to reset the origin?

Thanks again for your help and your great work with this mod!
mabrowning

Post by mabrowning »

magnolia81 wrote:I noticed one weird thing: the HUD seems to gradually move to the right for me and I have to reset the origin from time to time in the vr settings menu. is that normal? is there a hotkey to reset the origin?
Do you have look/move decoupled ("tank mode")? If not, pressing F1 twice to hide/show the UI should fix it. If you do have look/move decoupled, there isn't a quick way to recenter it. I could probably add a hotkey if it continues to be a problem.

However, the magnetic yaw calibration (Look left, look right, look up, look foward) should fix it so there is no drift.... are you doing that every time, or did you configure it to skip calibration?

Return to “Minecrift”