Minecrift release archive

NetoriusNick
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Minecrift release archive

Post by NetoriusNick »

When I try to run I get an error,
[Error:Invalid or corrupt jarfile
C:\ BLA BLA ...]

I think I am missing something, I have followed the instructions that is on the RIFT Apps page and tried both 1.6.4 and 1.6.2 Minecraft version. I must be doing something wrong for it not to work.

Many thanks for any help (and probably the Troll or two i get because of the stupid mistake)
nah89
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by nah89 »

Any possible way to have something like FaceTrackNoIr built in as well? This would allow DIY rifts to have roll and positioning as well.
Vaecon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Vaecon »

Hi StellaArtois,

I was wondering if you had a contact email I may be able to reach you at for some questions that I would like to keep private? It is really quick and should only take a moment. If possible could you shoot me an email at vaecon@gmail.com incase you want to keep your email private? Thanks so much!
DayDreamer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DayDreamer »

Bump!
Flinsainity
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Flinsainity »

Love it!, Can't wait for DK2 update!
Last edited by Flinsainity on Sun Aug 03, 2014 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dafluf
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dafluf »

Hi StellaArtois,

Any chance you will update this for Minecraft 1.7.10? Or did you seize development of this great piece of code?

In case you have no interest and/or time for maintaining the code, maybe you could make the program open source?
That way, other developers wouldn't need to "reinvent the wheel" if they wanted to implement oculus rift support in Minecraft.
truegamer25
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by truegamer25 »

Dafluf wrote:Hi StellaArtois,

Any chance you will update this for Minecraft 1.7.10? Or did you seize development of this great piece of code?

In case you have no interest and/or time for maintaining the code, maybe you could make the program open source?
That way, other developers wouldn't need to "reinvent the wheel" if they wanted to implement oculus rift support in Minecraft.
I've actually got a request too...and figured this is the best place to start; I have a FTB modpack with some extra mods - MATMOS being one of the mods I really hoped to keep with the game, and i'm hoping to be able to use it in the Rift when I get the DK2 this upcoming Thursday - the problem is, to get Matmos to work I basically had to use a modded version of Forge/Lightforge to work properly, and I can't seem to get Minecrift to work well with the FTB setup due to that...any help or advice, even a clue to where I might go for more answers? :) If it were legal to do so, I'd even be willing to pay someone to code this all the way I want it...it's that important to me :)

And as a reference point - here's an example of why I want MATMOS working with the Headset - immersion is so much better when you hear birds chirping and soft environmental music playing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D1yYL7Qpu0
-James
kinsang_lee
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kinsang_lee »

When will it ready for DK2 :woot
Brockton
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Brockton »

Hello, I tried the pre-release of 1.7.1 on my DK2 and I just wanted to point out a few things I noticed (figured you probably already knew these things, but just in case).

1. Positional tracking only works on the menus. If I lean forward in game, the menus get closer to my face but the world (the blocks) itself stays in the same position.

2. I was getting a lower framerate/stutter when I turned my head around at any pace faster than slow. I figure this is a limitation with the pre-release as my computer is definitely powerful enough to handle any of the other Oculus experiences.

Also, just wanted to say I really love what you're doing and to keep it up! As a developer myself I know often times it's hard to get actual feedback on your work and sometimes hard to even know if people appreciate what you're doing. You're doing awesome!
SVoyager
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SVoyager »

Just tried 1.7.10 pre3 version posted on the first post (running with DK2). It is jaw dropping, its running great so far and no game breaking issues. I had to fight a little with fullscreen as it kept trying to go to my main screen while the DK2 is the 3rd monitor. So far I had to set it in windowed, drag the screen over to the DK2 and then maximize the screen. Looks like the top bar is not getting in the view so all is fine from there.

Minecraft is meant to be played with the rift, no question about it!! Congrats on this great release!
Now if only forge would work! We are running on version 1200 of forge and its too bad I can't join in. If you manage to get that 1180 version working, I would even consider downgrading the server for it haha. Certainly looking forward to the next releases!!

Cheers!
schmerg
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by schmerg »

Just fired this up with my DK2 and got a massive thumbs up from an enthusiatic 9yo son
https://twitter.com/schmerg/status/506897837230391296
so many thanks for that.

Extended mode continues to a bit of a pig to get running (with a 2560x1440@96Hz primary and 1920x1080@60Hz secondary monitor, Win8.1 64-bit) so I look forward to further releases of the Oculus SDK to allow this to be built for Direct mode, but very appreciative of what's been done already.

Cheers
SVoyager
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SVoyager »

Did some more playing, some judder at times. One thing that would be nice is to have the character body locked to the hud. There is an option for that but its not working perfectly.

What needs to happen is that the rendered player needs to stay locked to the hud at all times. When you play the non-vr version of minecraft, if you turn the camera left or right while standing still, the game will already try to emulate head movement and once you reach the shoulder, the game will make the rest of the body follow. It is that movement that needs to be removed (or optional) in VR mode.

When I play, I set it so that my head movement will be reflected in game but nothing else. HUD remains forward and mouse is controlling the actual body/direction. But because of the vanilla head movement, when you are standing still, it makes things a bit awkward as sometimes I endup looking strait ahead but I see the ingame character's shoulder. Moving forwards a little centers this back to normal but as long as you are standing still, it becomes problematic.
Caillin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Caillin »

I can't for the life of me work out what I'm doing wrong. Followed the latest instructions to the letter, and I don't get the profile show up in the launcher. I also don't have the "Local Version Editor (NYI)" tab that it says to navigate too.

Probably missing something very obvious.
Caillin
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Caillin »

Nevermind, found it under editing the default profile for the game client version!
jtackman
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jtackman »

Thanks for this! I really appreciate all your hard work!
water_raptor
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by water_raptor »

Fantastic job so far! just ran around in vanilla-creative mode, Very immersive. Looking forward to future compatibilities...direct-to-rift and mod i.e. FTB(currently only supporting 1.6.4 stable) compatibility. Once again, great job!
costersall
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by costersall »

Any chance of a 1.6.4 version with DK2 support so I can still play WesterosCraft with my shiny new DK2 :) hehe please.
Zantedeschia
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zantedeschia »

DELETED - figured it out
karrtoon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by karrtoon »

I have noticed the convergence/vergence or IPD in this version seems quite a bit off. I used to play minecrift on DK1 and never really had a problem. It's like it's not actually using the Oculus Profile correctly, or if it is it's using some sort of custom camera frustums and is giving me bad eyestrain compared to the native demos. I am currrently using the B lenses. It runs great though, just this noticed this immediately upon trying this out.

Edit: It appears there might be multiple issues going on, I have vsync on but am encoutering the eye desync issue (Not tearing though) where if you nod your head up and down the left and right eye don't line up. But it also seems like the objects are slightly distorted, like it's not using the proper lense warp. It feels like I'm looking through the C lenses on the original DK1 in a way, where everything feels close and I'm not focused on true infinity for my eyes.
Last edited by karrtoon on Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camperdave
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by camperdave »

Hm, perhaps I'm just an idiot, but I think I've followed the setup instructions correctly, but this is still crashing for me with the following error:

Code: Select all

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// I feel sad now :(

Time: 9/7/14 11:32 PM
Description: Unexpected error

java.lang.RuntimeException: glCheckFramebufferStatus returned unknown status:0
	at bmg.b(Framebuffer.java:231)
	at bmg.b(Framebuffer.java:176)
	at bmg.a(Framebuffer.java:88)
	at bmg.<init>(Framebuffer.java:69)
	at bao.setupRenderConfiguration(Minecraft.java:3587)
	at bao.ak(Minecraft.java:1183)
	at bao.f(Minecraft.java:1126)
	at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:148)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:131)
	at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --
Details:
	Minecraft Version: 1.7.10
	Operating System: Windows 8 (amd64) version 6.2
	Java Version: 1.7.0_45, Oracle Corporation
	Java VM Version: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
	Memory: 130905072 bytes (124 MB) / 254148608 bytes (242 MB) up to 523501568 bytes (499 MB)
	JVM Flags: 7 total; -XX:HeapDumpPath=MojangTricksIntelDriversForPerformance_javaw.exe_minecraft.exe.heapdump -Xmx1G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode -XX:-UseAdaptiveSizePolicy -Xmn128M -Xmx512M
	AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
	IntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0
	Launched Version: minecrift-1.7.10-PRE3-nohydra
	LWJGL: 2.9.1
	OpenGL: null GL version null, null
	GL Caps: Using GL 1.3 multitexturing.
Using framebuffer objects because OpenGL 3.0 is supported and separate blending is supported.
Anisotropic filtering is supported and maximum anisotropy is 16.
Shaders are available because OpenGL 2.1 is supported.

Is Modded: Very likely; Jar signature invalidated
	Type: Client (map_client.txt)
	Resource Packs: []
	Current Language: English (US)
	Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)
	Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used
	Anisotropic Filtering: Off (1)

Any ideas?
ratzes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ratzes »

Issues:

Originally had a 4k monitor that doesn't support 1080p, tried running minecrift in windowed mode is super laggy, when I switch to fullscreen on oculus, minecrift seemed to take on a percentage of the oculus screen proportional to the 4k to 1080p difference, the rest of the screen was my desktop background, also still super laggy.

Minecrift fullscreened on my 4k display with oculus head tracking ran perfect.

I plugged in a primary monitor that was 1080p native and minecrift fullscreened perfectly on oculus and had absolutely no lag.

Just fyi for developers, not sure whether this is on minecrift's side or minecraft's

Also, does anyone else have issues where you can't sprint? I tried remapping keys and I can still only walk. Somebody might have raised this issue, but searching for "minecrift running" obviously returns problems getting the game going.

Once I got the 1080p issue resolved, it was amazing, fantastic work!
Axulus
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Axulus »

ratzes wrote:Issues:

Originally had a 4k monitor that doesn't support 1080p, tried running minecrift in windowed mode is super laggy, when I switch to fullscreen on oculus, minecrift seemed to take on a percentage of the oculus screen proportional to the 4k to 1080p difference, the rest of the screen was my desktop background, also still super laggy.

Minecrift fullscreened on my 4k display with oculus head tracking ran perfect.

I plugged in a primary monitor that was 1080p native and minecrift fullscreened perfectly on oculus and had absolutely no lag.

Just fyi for developers, not sure whether this is on minecrift's side or minecraft's

Also, does anyone else have issues where you can't sprint? I tried remapping keys and I can still only walk. Somebody might have raised this issue, but searching for "minecrift running" obviously returns problems getting the game going.

Once I got the 1080p issue resolved, it was amazing, fantastic work!
Very interesting, I seem to be having a related issue. I am using my 1080p television as my monitor, and when I try to full screen on the Rift, it only fills about 25%-33% of the screen. The only way to get it to fill the entire screen is to hit the Windows Key and Up. However, I get the horrible super lag you experienced in Windowed mode. I also tried switching to an old 1080p standard computer monitor and still had the same issue.
Ananas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ananas »

I have a problem with DK1 and 1.7.10. The Minecraft options show that VR Mode is off even though it's on and the tracking works. But the disortion/3D is wrong.
Here's how it looks:
http://i.imgur.com/W8woyyL.png
http://i.imgur.com/mM8f1X9.jpg

Anyone know what's it about?
ratzes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by ratzes »

Are you running the oculus utility in dk1 compatability mode? Mine says that VR mode is off also (I think I remember, i'm not at my desktop)
Ananas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ananas »

Yes I've tried turning it on and off, doesn't help.
camperdave
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by camperdave »

Edit: Previous error resolved. Trying to isolate the current issue for a new post.
Last edited by camperdave on Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vertinox »

I got this to work fine but am looking for operational tips. What is the best way to run Minecrift in Extended? The way I have been getting it to work is to simply open it and drag it over to the extended window with some fiddling. Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks.
Balmung
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Balmung »

You can try my little Tool:

http://pics.blizado.de/minecraft/Minecrift_WFS.zip

Only one Exe File. This Tool opens a small centered Window and search for the MineCraft Window, if found it move the Window to the DK2 (can detect which Monitor is the DK2 one), maximate the Window to Full Screen, deactivate the Window Border (so you have Windowed Fullscreen) and than the Tool quit after that by itself. You can start the Tool before or after you run Minecraft.

Please report if there is any Issue with it.
Ruthalas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ruthalas »

I posted on the reddit thread, but I'll post a bit more detail here. :D

I am very interested in a 'comfort mode' characterized by rotation broken into discrete chunks, rather than a smooth or accelerated arc.

This video demonstrates the idea in detail:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZHXKcwyjPs

This method of panning really helps with motion sickness.

(My goal would be to use the mod for a motion sick friend, without a HMD, but I think the feature would be valuable to easily sickened VR enthusiasts as well.
Not to mention when I get a Rift I'll be in Minecrift in about 10 seconds flat.)

I note someone mentioned the Windlands style of decoupled look-direction and motion as well as its acceleration in tandem with the term 'comfort mode', so I wanted to clarify the feature I think is most valuable.

Thank for your efforts StellaArtois!
Last edited by Ruthalas on Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vertinox
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vertinox »

Thanks, is there a way to reset the menu orientation other than going into the menus. It still drifts even with the camera. If I could hit F12 and reset like all the other programs that would be great.
Ananas
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Ananas »

My problem with DK1 and weird disortion was fixed in last update, thanks
MoonieGT
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MoonieGT »

I want this to work for me so badly, but it just doesn't. In game, the mouse movement is SUPER sensitive and jittery. It moves on screen a ton and then freezes. After some time passes, it will jump around on the screen a lot and then freeze again. If I escape out to a menu, I can look around and it works great. Perfect head tracking etc. Any idea on how to fix this?
modelmode
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by modelmode »

The world looks too flat. In the DK1 version there was a slider for FOV. Is there anything like that in this version? I can get it to work flawlessly except for this. Please help, I can't go back to Minecraft on a monitor! I can't! I won't!
BeanSeller
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by BeanSeller »

Unfortunately I can't get this working at all, I've tried totally reinstalling MC, updating video drivers, installing all the VC redists, having the DK2 as the only screen, primary screen, secondary screen...

When the game is in fullscreen mode, it always only occupies the top-left corner of the screen. When it's in windowed mode I can "maximise" the window and it mostly looks fine. But as soon as I go into a world (I've tried several), the game turns super-slow, lets me take one or two steps, or look around, then just freezes. After 30 seconds or so it will let me look around for another 1 second before freezing again, etc.

Please help!

Win 8.1 / Intel i7 / 16GB Ram / 500GB SSD / Intel HD 4600 / NVIDIA GT 750M

![Screenshot](http://imgur.com/omqiA2m)
- [DxDiag](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/157 ... DxDiag.txt)
- [Crash with extra debug info](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/157 ... Output.txt)
- [Smaller crash](https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/157 ... 0Crash.txt)

I'm very happy to try any test builds and provide any feedback I can!
I'm a bit out-of-date with my Java Skills but I can tweak/recompile things pretty OK if you have some tips where I might look?

Thanks anyway Love your work and hope the MS buyout works in your favour!
Dean.
foley2k2
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by foley2k2 »

Guys, I'm at a convention today and have PRE4 working with controller support (Minecontrol mod). :D
The floor opens in just over 2 hours and I will be able to do demos for about six hours.

Any tips or suggestions?
keem85
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by keem85 »

vertinox wrote:Thanks, is there a way to reset the menu orientation other than going into the menus. It still drifts even with the camera. If I could hit F12 and reset like all the other programs that would be great.
Yes mon. Check the VR-menu
Archimid
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Archimid »

Hello. First of all great mod. It looks fantastic. I write just to mention that I have a brightness problem. At night or in caves I can still see everything. I have tried lowering the in game brightness but no cigar.
surtic86
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by surtic86 »

First thnaks for the Mod works really nice.

I have a suggestion about the Aiming. Is it Possible to do it like Half Life 2? That i can Aim with the Mouse but look around with the Oculus? It is really hard
to play it more then one Houre when you need to Look Straigt up or Down so many times.

Thanks for your help.
WindowsExecutable
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by WindowsExecutable »

Please reprovision the cloudbees! Thanks! :D
dodgersfan24
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by dodgersfan24 »

Will this ever work with 1.7.10 Forge?

Return to “Minecrift”