Half-Life 2 VR mod with head tracking (download now)

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
konstantin_lozev
Cross Eyed!

Re: Half-Life 2 VR mod with head tracking (download now)

Post by konstantin_lozev »

What's the status of the support of android IMUs and wiimote for this?
Is it even possible, even with freepie emulating the supported IMUs.
donkaradiablo
Cross Eyed!

Post by donkaradiablo »

I don't have a hydra anymore, so forgive me if this has already been implemented:

It could be nice if the head tracking and the hydra, left hand, could be used to determine that you are running in place and swinging your arm, if the speed at which you're doing that could be translated to the game space, the direction still determined with the direction pad (but you would still lean your body a few degrees and it would feel more natural), if jumping was a button coupled with standing on your toes, if dodging was similar.

So the motion detection doesn't have to be very accurate and the button approach doesn't have to be abandoned, as the controls were a combination of the two, the gamer is incouraged to accomodate the game avatars movements, increasing immersion, the button pressing increases precision. I bet it could feel natural pretty quickly.

May not be so good with a hydra and a dk2 but with a stem and a cv1/crescent bay, the volume of positional tracking space should permit a standing in place experience with these kind of controls.
Answers
Walking the thin line between Jobs and Kramer
Sahkan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Sahkan »

The link is not working ! a picture with the message it gave me is attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
metronome
Cross Eyed!

Post by metronome »

Yeh I get the same error as that :(
What's the best way of recreating the gun tracking for other games through using glovepie or freepie?
I'd love to be able to augment my P99 Walther Wii controller with something alot more accurate like the hillcrest or better?

I have tried using glovepie which can be seen in my youtube video
http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.p ... 68#p158668

But I'd like to have a much better solution which I can mount on the gun etc...
Anyone have some ideas how to achieve this? :)
Tqwando
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Tqwando »

I tried this mod v1.4 with Oculus CV1, however I'm unable to activate VR mode.
This is caused by the fact that extended mode is not supported on the Oculus CV1.
The -forcevr and -vr launch parameters do not seem to work, it says That the Source Base 2013 Singleplayer does not support Virtual Reality.

So I tried to boot it with vorpx, which enabled headtracking ok, however the mouse still controls the camera.
I want the mouse to control the gun.

Can you make it so that you can always enable the vr mode?
(so without detecting if there is a headset connected)
In that case the mouse should just map on the gun.

(I guess that oculus headtracking won't work in that case, but I can create some script that maps the oculus movement to hillcrest tracking)

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”