Triditizer : another open-source stereo project

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Triditizer : another open-source stereo project

Post by Tril »

Hi, I'm posting this in case Vireio Perception programmers read the forums. Eight years ago, when I was more active on mtbs3d, I started working on developping my own solution to get S3D output from DirectX 9 games. I dropped the project when I got an iZ3D monitor that came with its own S3D driver. I recently found out about Vireio Perception existance and decided to find my old code, clean it up and post it online under the name Triditizer. You can find Triditizer on github. It's really only useful for programmers to show them how I did it and give them ideas for Vireio Perception improvements. It's a bit buggy (random occasional crashes) but it works on most games. Shadows are sometimes displaced but this could be fixed by adding a game profile feature. It's all very basic and I'm not going to work on it anymore. In term of number of lines of code and project maturity, Vireio Perception is years ahead.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Triditizer : another open-source stereo project

Post by cybereality »

Cool. Thanks for sharing.
EisernSchild
Vireio Perception Developer

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Tril, thanks for sharing this !

Highly interesting how you directly modify the vertex shader code. We currently finished the DX11 core for the new architecture of the driver here. After a first release i will update DX9 for the new architecture, will pick that up then !

When the new version of the driver is (soon) released we can definately use your help for further development, if you're interested.
Hornet
Cross Eyed!

Post by Hornet »

Please EisernSchild,

can you test your DX11 core with DX7 to DX11 wrapper (dgVoodoo2) it is here : http://dege.freeweb.hu/dgVoodoo2.html (second download). Then the DX7 game is working as DX11 game. It enables 3D stereo for old DX7 games as Condor soaring simulator. Please test it! Or eventually I can test it too when it would be possible. Thanks a lot .With regards.
Peter
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Hornet !

Of course, i can test the wrapper with the new core. In a very, very short while you can also test by yourself 8-)

Do you know any DX7/DX8 game or demo i can easily download to test it ?

Regards, Denis
Hornet
Cross Eyed!

Post by Hornet »

I am using Condor soaring simulator. Is dx7 but is not free unfortunately. I look forward hope it will work!
Peter
Hornet
Cross Eyed!

Post by Hornet »

I can eventually send to you installation CD files (and code too :-) when it would be needed

I found list of DX7 games here:

http://www.uvlist.net/search?ftag=direc ... order=desc
Hornet
Cross Eyed!

Post by Hornet »

[quote="EisernSchild"]Hi Hornet !

I look forward ! And I am impatient :-( ... will the new driver work too in two display mode? (two displays in one HMD). I have here my own 2x 5.7" full HD display HMD (similar than Claire) and some Fresnels...good driver with possibility of moving of both pictures (or cameras) would be awesome...
EisernSchild

Post by EisernSchild »

Hi Peter !

Sorry that i did let you wait. First test was not successful. I tested Dungeon Siege I (DX8) using the wrapper and had the "dgVoodoo2" watermark on screen. It was easy to inject but i did not get any answer from the DX11 device context and the DXGI swapchain. :-(

But i will also try a pure DX7 game, of course.

Regards, Denis
Hornet
Cross Eyed!

Post by Hornet »

Thanks a lot for your effort. We will see if it is possible to use the wrapper with new driver. Hope that driver come early . Thanks
Peter

Return to “Development / General Discussion”