Fallout NV DK2 w/ Vireio V3a2 - Head Tracking & Eye Wrapping

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Orion210
One Eyed Hopeful

Fallout NV DK2 w/ Vireio V3a2 - Head Tracking & Eye Wrapping

Post by Orion210 »

I have DK2 with runtime 0.6.0.1 installed. I am using Vireio v3a2. I have installed New Vegas and booted up a new game. I have been able to get it to successfully launch the game in oculus with Vireio running in the background, but the problem is that it isn't working like my other DK2 game experiences have. It is as if I am in a movie theater staring at a screen ahead of me that is displaying the game through the rift. The picture isn't wrapped around my eyes so that it seems like I'm actually there in the game. And as far as I can tell.... head tracking is working... but it isn't working. I can look around with the rift, but the 'movie theater screen' stays put and if I were to look anywhere else other than directly at the screen in front of me it is just blackness. And said looking around doesn't move the picture on the screen either. The tracker isn't tracking my movements with the character on the game, only my own head as if I'm watching a movie screen.

If you couldn't tell I'm a noob about configuring these Oculus games to work properly. Playing Fallout with the Rift though is just too great an opportunity to pass up though and I would really appreciate some help. I noticed there are Oculus Vireio settings that I can fool around with by pressing ctrl + q, but I have no idea what I would change to fix this problem. I attempted using version 2.0 of Vireio and instead putting the oculus in extend to desktop mode, but after launching the game there is only blackness within the oculus, even though the blue light is on.

Any help would be very much appreciated!!!
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Fallout NV DK2 w/ Vireio V3a2 - Head Tracking & Eye Wrap

Post by DrBeef »

Click the middle mouse button once you are in-game.. that will switch you to full VR mode.

The giant screen is to make it easier to navigate game menus before you get in to the game.
Orion210
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Orion210 »

Perfect thank you very much! I was getting a little worried it just wasn't going to work. Though there is another question that I have... when I open up my pip boy the image displayed on my characters arm is like a quarter of the size it is supposed to be. Not really sure what's going on... is that a known issue with a simple fix?
PitterPatter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PitterPatter »

Orion, the image being smaller on the pip boy means your HUD size is lower than normal. The default key to switch between HUD size is Tab on the keyboard. I've tweaked my profile.xml and modded New Vegas to be most DK2 friendly. If you're interested in my mod list and profile.xml, I'd like to see others improve on it as well.
PitterPatter
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PitterPatter »

Orion, when you tilt your head does the image distort? See my issue here

Return to “Development / General Discussion”