HELP! Tried Vireio and now games won't work without it!

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
Wiinii
One Eyed Hopeful

HELP! Tried Vireio and now games won't work without it!

Post by Wiinii »

So I tried Vereio with Left4Dead and now, even after deleting the directory, the game won't run in normal mode. If I put the Vireio directory back and run it with it it does work. Then I figured out that Left 4 Dead 2 which I never tried with Verieo is stuck the same way. I deleted L4D1 and reinstalled it, no luck. And L4D2 I didn't even install until after the problem started (but Vereio dir was deleted).

Wtf is being left behind causing this? :twisted:
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: HELP! Tried Vireio and now games won't work without it!

Post by DrBeef »

Did you use the symlink installer to remove the links to the Vireio DLLs?, if you didn't then they would be pointing to "nothing" and the game would crash.. it would only then run again when you put the vireio folder back. Doing an uninstall probably left the symlinks there in the game's folder, so a re-install just put things back to the problem state. You need to use the symlink installer to remove vireio before deleting the vireio folder.
Wiinii
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Wiinii »

I didn't need to install the symlinks for L4D, and I even wiped the game and reinstalled it with no luck. Something else was left behind, and I don't know what.

I know this, I had to wipe the whole PC to fix it, and I will never touch that crapware again.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Well, you hardly gave us a chance to help. No-one else has reported the same issue as you either, and there's a fairly sizeable user base, so your problem must have been pretty specific to your configuration.

Sorry you felt you had to wipe your machine before we got an opportunity to figure out what the problem actually was.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”