Crysis crashing with Vireio/Oculus Rift

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
hoopera
One Eyed Hopeful

Crysis crashing with Vireio/Oculus Rift

Post by hoopera »

Hey guys!

So upon finding out that Vireio works with Crysis 1, I had to try it out.

Unfortunately, after following all the steps provided in the online documentation, it will not work for me. I took a look through the forums here to see if anyone was having the same issue, but didn't find much.

I've taken the liberty to include a Tracespy log. You can find that here: http://pastebin.com/XTYHpQS1

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Crysis crashing with Vireio/Oculus Rift

Post by DrBeef »

Out of interest... are you able to run any other games using Vireio?

I can see if complaining about being unable to load the configuration, but that might be a red herring if other games do work.
hoopera
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by hoopera »

DrBeef wrote:Out of interest... are you able to run any other games using Vireio?

I can see if complaining about being unable to load the configuration, but that might be a red herring if other games do work.
I've gotten games to work before, but it seems like lately, no. I just tried doing Mirror's Edge (a game that has always worked for me) and it was acting like Vireio wasn't even on. Just launched the game normally.
DrBeef

Post by DrBeef »

Things to try:

* Unpack the Vireio archive to a completely different folder, ensure it has no spaces in the path, and open the Perception Application as the first thing you do (you'll need to use the symlink installer to uninstall and reinstall the libraries in the game folder, otherwise they will point to the wrong location)
* Ensure you have a valid Profile set up in the Oculus Configuration Utility
* Ensure you are not running OVR SDK 0.6

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Return to “Development / General Discussion”