Games crash upon launch

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
zonfar
One Eyed Hopeful

Games crash upon launch

Post by zonfar »

I've tried mirrors edge, and skyrim both from fresh installations. Whenever I try to load either game with vireio perception running, the game crashes immediately upon launch. Both games run fine without vireio. I've tried multiple configs (not using dll installer, using dll installer, setting rift to primary/secondary in vireio, and in display properties)

Heres what im running:
Windows 8.1 x64
16gb ram
970GTX
Latest 0.5.0.1 SDK installed

Any ideas?
DrBeef
Vireio Perception Developer

Re: Games crash upon launch

Post by DrBeef »

Couple of things to try.. Ensure you unpacked vireio on a path that has no spaces on it. Seems to be a problem for some people.

Ensure you have a default oculus profile set up ,assuming you are using the rift.

If neither of those solves your issue can you download and run tracespy and capture a debug log while the game starts, it might show something helpful.
zonfar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by zonfar »

DrBeef wrote:Couple of things to try.. Ensure you unpacked vireio on a path that has no spaces on it. Seems to be a problem for some people.

Ensure you have a default oculus profile set up ,assuming you are using the rift.

If neither of those solves your issue can you download and run tracespy and capture a debug log while the game starts, it might show something helpful.
Thanks! I didnt noticed my profile wasn't setup within the oculus config, must have deleted my profile when I updated to newest SDK, working now, thanks!
Marenthyu
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Marenthyu »

So, i ran into the same problem of every game i try crashing with vireio. I got Win 8.1 64bit, 4GB Ram, Radeon HD 7660D - Most VR things run okay with (for some people seriously horrible) 30FPS. When i launch Games and my Oculus is in Direct Access mode, the games show up fine in stereoscopic view on my monitor and tracking works all fine. When my oculus though is set to Extend to HMD Mode, any game Crashes as soon as the Green text appears on screen.

As suggested, i changed the directory of my Perception to C:/Perception (so no more spaces). Since They still crashed after that, here the tracespy log:

http://pastebin.com/8cfVmRN5

I hope you can get this to work, Antichamber is a neat game and Dear Esther waited for me to be touched for some time now.
Marenthyu
baggyg

Post by baggyg »

We are aware that there are issues with the SDK 0.6.0. Currently we are recommending reverting to the 0.5 SDK for continued use with Vireio

Return to “Development / General Discussion”