offset mouse cursor with vireio / insurgency (source game)

The place for all discussion of the Oculus Rift compatible open source 3D drivers.
tyke
One Eyed Hopeful

offset mouse cursor with vireio / insurgency (source game)

Post by tyke »

The mouse pointer seems be offset by about 1/3 of the screen size, to the right. so to select/click on anything, the mouse pointer has be hovering to the right of anything you actually want to click on. Problem is the final step to starting the game needs a mouse click on the far right hand side of the screen, but the mouse pointer cannot go any further to allow this.

Any ideas?
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: offset mouse cursor with vireio / insurgency (source gam

Post by cybereality »

Is this just the normal issue with using SBS 3D games with injection drivers?

Because when you take a 2D UI, say a button is in the middle of the screen, when it doubles the image it appears like the button is on the left quarter of the screen (but its not).

I've gotten pretty good at working with this over the years, but it's still a tad annoying.

The way to fix it is to draw a stereo 3d cursor on both left and right views inside the driver. You'll still see the real mouse cursor, but it's at least usable.
tyke
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by tyke »

cybereality wrote:The way to fix it is to draw a stereo 3d cursor on both left and right views inside the driver. You'll still see the real mouse cursor, but it's at least usable.
Thanks for the info, that's beyond what I can do. I'm trying different games with an oculus rift, I've not thought about any code, I have some programming knowledge so might try and learn about it in future.

I eventually managed to start and play the game by doing some mouse-fu. It's a decent experience (free if you have half life 2), has independent head movement with opentrack.

I tried Vireio when my paid for 3D driver software didn't work. Vireio looks good so far, going to learn about the Brassa menu and it's settings.
P-Rock
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by P-Rock »

I'm trying to troubleshoot the same issue in HL2 and Bioshock 2 and I came across this thread. So is there a way to create a stereo 3D cursor in Vireio (or using some other 3rd party software), or am I just going to be stuck guessing where the "actual" position of the mouse is?

Return to “Development / General Discussion”